Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann

Re: Madeleine McCann

[quote author=Monkey Ears link=topic=7487.msg368648#msg368648 date=1179614478]
    i think the mc cann parents are gays
    [/quote]

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg368693#msg368693 date=1179617313]

[/quote]

Haha....that's my girl.

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg368578#msg368578 date=1179609110]
    Her Parents are a pair of idiots.....they are well educated professional people who should of had the common &quot;sence&quot; to get a fuckin child minder.

I got no sympathy for them...I just hope the little girl turns up ok
    [/quote]
    I agree.&nbsp; So many 'well educated' people have no fucking clue how to appropriately care for children.
    Honestly, I think that the entire situation sucks.&nbsp; And they will regret it forever, but they will UNDOUBTEDLY take better care of their remaining two kids.

Ok then not gays just negligent assholes who dont deserve a daughter if they cant look after her. There is a very funny YTMND over on the site just been put up yesterday so check it out, its very Lolzworthy!!!.........~ME~

[quote author=Monkey Ears link=topic=7487.msg368711#msg368711 date=1179618062]
    Ok then not gays just negligent assholes who dont deserve a daughter if they cant look after her. There is a very funny YTMND over on the site just been put up yesterday so check it out, its very Lolzworthy!!!.........~ME~
    [/quote]

You're kiddin'? What they did something about the kid who went missing or the parents?

They're not assholes, just very irresponsible, believe me they regret it. They don't need to be 'jumped' on about it now. They're going through a nightmare, every parent's fears.

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg368718#msg368718 date=1179618353]
    You're kiddin'? What they did something about the kid who went missing or the parents?

They're not assholes, just very irresponsible, believe me they regret it. They don't need to be 'jumped' on about it now. They're going through a nightmare, every parent's fears.
    [/quote]
    Yeah, and this is why parents don't leave their children in a hotel room unattended.&nbsp; I mean seriously, in the U.S., we have laws against this, right?

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg368718#msg368718 date=1179618353]

[/quote]
    Ok, i'm sorry. Maybe they can buy another!!

[quote author=Monkey Ears link=topic=7487.msg368720#msg368720 date=1179618505]
    [/quote]

Ugh, I realize you're just a troll. Not worth talking to.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7487.msg368719#msg368719 date=1179618467]
    Yeah, and this is why parents don't leave their children in a hotel room unattended.&nbsp; I mean seriously, in the U.S., we have laws against this, right?
    [/quote]

there is no law that forbids parents to leave their children unattended. just if they fail to be responsible for their children's sake. well, it was a mistake to leave their kids alone, but they know it now.
    there's no reason to insult the parents. yes they were irresponsible. but not any of your harsh words will bring the girl back. so why playing the drama queen and assault them now? it's too late. and it's not Madeleine's fault that her parents didn't take care enough. so stop yelling around and make yourself more important than you are.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg368722#msg368722 date=1179618720]
    Ugh, I realize you're just a troll. Not worth talking to.
    [/quote]

after you solved this mystery, i can finally go to bed now&nbsp;

yeaaaaaaay!

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg368724#msg368724 date=1179618973]
    there is no law that forbids parents to leave their children unattended. just if they fail to be responsible for their children's sake. well, it was a mistake to leave their kids alone, but they know it now.
    there's no reason to insult the parents. yes they were irresponsible. but not any of your harsh words will bring the girl back. so why playing the drama queen and assault them now? it's too late. and it's not Madeleine's fault that her parents didn't take care enough. so stop yelling around and make yourself more important than you are.
    [/quote]
    No, I'm pretty sure where I live you will go to jail if you leave your kids home alone, or in the car unattended.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

Madeleine parents believe she is safe
    The parents of missing four-year-old Madeleine McCann said they had taken &quot;tremendous strength&quot; from the &quot;warmth and spiritual outpouring&quot; from all around the world.

Gerry and Kate McCann issued a brief statement from the Portuguese holiday resort of Praia da Luz 11 days after their little girl disappeared from their hotel room.

The pair said they were &quot;fully supporting&quot; the police investigation into their daughter's abduction and reaffirmed their belief that their daughter is safe.

Mr McCann said: &quot;Until there is concrete evidence to the contrary, we believe Madeleine is safe and is being looked after&quot;.

Madeleine's mother also emphasised that the couple had no intention of returning to Britain from Portugal in the immediate future.

A British legal team has flown to Praia da Luz to help them and has launched a special &quot;fighting fund&quot; to help in the hunt for Madeleine.

A statement from the International Family Law Group, the firm instructed by the McCanns, said details of how people could make donations would be released within days.

A QC, Michael Nicholls, has also been instructed by the family as their determined battle to find Madeleine enters another week.

Madeleine's uncle John McCann, who lives in Glasgow but was in Praia da Luz last week, said the lawyers would play a liaison role and would not interfere with the criminal investigation.

A spokesman for the International Family Law Group said yesterday: &quot;Gerry and Kate are very grateful for all the support and generous offers of help that they are receiving.

&quot;Details of how contributions can be made to help get Madeleine back to the safety of her own family will be made available in the next couple of days.&quot;

The McCanns were among around ten British people who have been re-interviewed by police in recent days to clarify their statements.

This week some of the witnesses are expected to appear in court behind closed doors to record their evidence before they go back to the UK.

The McCanns themselves are not expected to be asked to take part.

The procedure, known as &quot;memory for the future&quot;, means taped statements can be shown during a future trial so the witnesses do not have to return to appear in court.

This is so sad! I hope that she is returned safely. She also has a myspace.
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&amp;friendid =187754203&amp;MyToken=20347cfa-ffb1-4e45-9de2-46bd98bc49d4

:x
    &quot;GET OFF MY PLANE!&quot;

[quote author=Monkey Ears link=topic=7487.msg368720#msg368720 date=1179618505]
    [/quote]

Yup Def. a troll in the house!

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=7487.msg369072#msg369072 date=1179632194]
    Yup Def. a troll in the house!
    [/quote]

Long gone&nbsp;

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7487.msg368728#msg368728 date=1179619225]
    No, I'm pretty sure where I live you will go to jail if you leave your kids home alone, or in the car unattended.
    [/quote]
    was that ironical? if not, i want a prove.

[quote author=JustGretch link=topic=7487.msg368624#msg368624 date=1179612846]
    THANK YOU! I was just reading an article about Madeleine in the current issue of People, and I want to dropkick these parents. We &quot;expect&quot; impoverished, young or uneducated parents to do something stupid like leave VERY small children unattended. We do not &quot;expect&quot; to see this sort of behavior from older, educated, secure parents.&nbsp;

This excerpt really made me angry: &quot;Some of the initial British press coverage questioned why the couple had left the children with no babysitter. But friends of the family's said the parents, who had struggled with infertility before having their kids through invitro fertilization, felt safer by not entrusting them to a stranger's care.&quot;

So, you struggle and pay a pretty penny to HAVE these kids, only to leave these VERY little kids in a strange place, unsupervised? What if one put something into a light socket, what if one fell head first into the toilet (don't laugh, it DOES happen), what if one of them managed to open door and wander around, what if one of them found something to eat and choked, what if one of them climbed onto a counter, fell and bashed their head, what if one of them was kidnapped?! HELLO! Did these thoughts not run through the parents minds?!?!? If you're not trusting, do fingerprinting, run a background check, install a nanny cam, drop in unexpectedly, don't leave the damn kids alone!

Edit to add: I DO, of course, hope that she is returned home safe and sound. Duh. In re-reading this, I sound kind of harsh, but I would never wish ill will upon such a little child. I hope she is found soon.

[/quote]

I don't know, to be fair to the parents they were in what they thought was a safe environment and most parents know their kids and know if they are the type to sleep right through or not. When I was a kid we were left all over the place, outside pubs, in bed asleep while parents went to neighbours houses etc because 99.9999% of the time it is completely safe to do that. I'm sure all the what if's went through their mind but in weighing it up they took that chance, kids can get hurt or injured or kidnapped from schools should we be advising parents not to let their kids walk to school, be left at a nursery where one adult supervises 12 kids, play outside with friends? What happened to Madeleine is extraordinarily rare, what is truly sinister is that the family must have been watched because it doesn't sound like a crime of opportunity I wonder if they had left the kids in a similar way previously on their holiday?

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg369432#msg369432 date=1179651004]
    was that ironical? if not, i want a prove.
    [/quote]

Cars?&nbsp; http://www.safetypolicy.org/pm/incars.htm

Homes?&nbsp; This information is available on the Web at http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/docs/alone.doc.

This information is available on the Web at http://www.djs.state.md.us/faq.html. For additional information, contact the DJS at 410-230-3333.

[quote author=miseryguts link=topic=7487.msg369494#msg369494 date=1179656971]
    I don't know, to be fair to the parents they were in what they thought was a safe environment and most parents know their kids and know if they are the type to sleep right through or not. When I was a kid we were left all over the place, outside pubs, in bed asleep while parents went to neighbours houses etc because 99.9999% of the time it is completely safe to do that. I'm sure all the what if's went through their mind but in weighing it up they took that chance, kids can get hurt or injured or kidnapped from schools should we be advising parents not to let their kids walk to school, be left at a nursery where one adult supervises 12 kids, play outside with friends? What happened to Madeleine is extraordinarily rare, what is truly sinister is that the family must have been watched because it doesn't sound like a crime of opportunity I wonder if they had left the kids in a similar way previously on their holiday?
    [/quote]

I don't think the parents are horrible people, I really think either they are very naive or just incredibly irresponsible.&nbsp; I am sure they are kicking themselves and I really want to feel more sorry for them than I do.&nbsp; I have to admit, what they did leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.&nbsp; I didn't have the world's best parents but I can say for SURE they would NEVER have left me alone, at night, in a hotel room, in a strange country unattended for any length of time even if I was 12!&nbsp; I agree that I think the parents were being watched, probably by someone who spotted the girl while they were there and waited for a chance to snatch her, they might have even snatched her in a store, etc.&nbsp; You can't not let children live, but you have to be more observant.&nbsp; You made a point I find really interesting, you said something like this is extrememly rare, but in the US we are seeing more and more people going into peoples homes and stealing their children and killing them.&nbsp; I think maybe that is why the people here in the US are having more of a hard time swallowing the parents leaving such young children alone.

[quote author=Peavey link=topic=7487.msg369513#msg369513 date=1179661915]
    Cars?&nbsp; http://www.safetypolicy.org/pm/incars.htm

Homes?&nbsp; This information is available on the Web at http://www.state.il.us/dcfs/docs/alone.doc.

This information is available on the Web at http://www.djs.state.md.us/faq.html. For additional information, contact the DJS at 410-230-3333.

[/quote]

well, no&nbsp; law that forbids parents to leave their kids for half an hour alone, or in a car for then minutes or seomething.i t always depends on the circumstances.

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg369529#msg369529 date=1179665178]
    well, no&nbsp; law that forbids parents to leave their kids for half an hour alone, or in a car for then minutes or seomething.i t always depends on the circumstances.
    [/quote]
    Yes.&nbsp; In my state, you literally can go to jail for leaving your child in the car while you run in to get some milk at the store.

Why the hell was a stupid dinner so important?&nbsp; A kid that age would be smart enough to get out of a room on her own too.&nbsp; Didn't the parents know that?

The parents should not have left the kids alone.&nbsp; But who is to say that even if they were eating dinner in the same house, they would have heard anything?

It depends on the situation, they made an error of judgement and will probably pay with the life of their gorgeous daughter.&nbsp; Stupid decision, but everyone makes mistakes.&nbsp;

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=7487.msg369883#msg369883 date=1179705231]
    The parents should not have left the kids alone.&nbsp; But who is to say that even if they were eating dinner in the same house, they would have heard anything?
    It depends on the situation, they made an error of judgement and will probably pay with the life of their gorgeous daughter.&nbsp; Stupid decision, but everyone makes mistakes.&nbsp;
    [/quote]
    This is a really good point.&nbsp; Our house was robbed with my parents, my brother and I home, and in 3 seperate rooms.&nbsp; The dogs didn't even bark.&nbsp; It was eerie.&nbsp;

I wonder if the other kids woke up and were crying or distressed?&nbsp; If not, there is a good chance they didn't hear anything which may reinforce the fact that whoever took her was deadly quiet and it would have happened if the parents were there or not?

I’ve been following this story since it broke. I actually wondered why it took so long to show up as a topic here.

I feel bad because I’m crying over my missing cat and then I read something about this and it makes me really feel for her parents. They must be kicking themselves and destroying themselves with guilt over this, like I am over my Felix, only on a much worse scale.

The British bloke who they suspected Robert something, seems quite dodgy. Hiring a car “urgently” 2 days after she was abducted, even though he has 2 cars of his own. Also, the phone calls to the IT friend of his who supposedly was making him a real estate web page, half an hour and a couple of hours AFTER she was abducted…and the IT friend told police he hadn’t spoken with him for over a year?? Strange??? This British bloke also has a young son/daughter…..but the cops can't prove anything....

I don’t know. I just hope she gets found. What a horrible experience for her. She must be so frightened.

Thread Information