Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Madeleine McCann

Madeleine McCann

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0507/1501_madeleine_mccann.html

Maybe I am wrong but wasn't it irresponsible of these parents to leave such young children unattended in a strange country while they went to a restaurant to have dinner?  Even if the place is only 100 yards away?

Re: Madeleine McCann

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=7487.msg368133#msg368133 date=1179576256]
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0507/1501_madeleine_mccann.html

Maybe I am wrong but wasn't it irresponsible of these parents to leave such young children unattended in a strange country while they went to a restaurant to have dinner?  Even if the place is only 100 yards away?
    [/quote]

it was highly irresponsible however i am POSITIVE these parents are kicking themselves for what they did. and they will regret it for the rest of their lives. its horrible what has happened. but the media have choosen to focus on maddie and not the parents mistake.

16 days today :-(

It is a massive news around the world, seriously. My sister was in Malaysia and it is headline news over there...

It is very sad and she looks soooo sweet, I can't help but fear the worse....

But there's one thing that has bugged me, thousands of young children go missing everyday, some are still missing. How come they don't that THAT coverage? I'm not saying Madeleine do not deserve the coverage she gets (it helps a lot to find her etc) it just makes me wonder about other missing children...aren't they important? Is it a 'Missing White Woman Syndrome?'

The award is £1.5 million if someone finds her, there's an FA cup final today and they will screen her pictures (FA Cup is broad-casted across the world).

Sadly, I think it is a case of maybe who you know and how hard you push to get the news out there.  I REALLY hope it isn't a case of color or status you know?  You have a point in that there are SO many who go missing. I have heard of other similar cases where they compare circumstances and the white people get more coverage.  IF that is the case it is SO wrong, especially now when equality is SO important and we are supposed to be more enlightened.  Lexa, good point, the media should focus on the child and not what the parents did.  I admit when I read that I haven't got past that, it just really bugged me.  We all know the longer it takes to find this child, the less likely she will ever be found.  My theory is that if a pedohile ring kidnapped her, she is probably too "hot" right now to use and I don't want to think about what they might do to her, you know?  God such a happy beautiful little girl, I almost hope it is someone who wants a child bad and can't have one versus the alternative.  I can't comprehend how people can DO stuff like this to little kids!!

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg368136#msg368136 date=1179577103]
    It is a massive news around the world, seriously. My sister was in Malaysia and it is headline news over there...

It is very sad and she looks soooo sweet, I can't help but fear the worse....

But there's one thing that has bugged me, thousands of young children go missing everyday, some are still missing. How come they don't that THAT coverage? I'm not saying Madeleine do not deserve the coverage she gets (it helps a lot to find her etc) it just makes me wonder about other missing children...aren't they important? Is it a 'Missing White Woman Syndrome?'

The award is £1.5 million if someone finds her, there's an FA cup final today and they will screen her pictures (FA Cup is broad-casted across the world).

[/quote]

Exactly white middle class pretty girl, parents were at a tapas bar and drinking wine, if they had been at the local burger bar drinking beer would the perception and sympathy be the same. Obviously it goes without saying that we all hope this little girl is safe and is found but this country has gone a bit 'outpouring of grief' crazy, I blame Diana 

SOAD

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg368136#msg368136 date=1179577103]

[/quote]

No wai, thats a crock.....its because of the circumstances, "familys dream holiday turns to a nightmare"
    I'm in no doubt it would be exactly the same if it was a coloured kid..........remember the stephen lawrence murder? that would be like me saying "people get stabbed every day, he only got that much coverage because he was black"

And im also totally calling BS that the parents were going back and checking the kids every half hour.......I mean you dont sit at a dinner table on hoilday with a bottle of wine and a fucking stopwatch, get up halfway through your meal to check on the kids

I guess I think there are instances of preferences but looking at it another way is it the color or background of the people as much as what the media perceives as the most "sellable" which in turn will garner them more viewers and ratings?

More info  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

Sorry SOAD, I have to disagree with you there, it seems to be the case. Children go missing on vacation all the time, where's the coverage? The only reason why we didn't know is because it's not in mainstream news.

The Steven Lawrence case...would there be a same coverage if he was white? I don't think so.

Edit - not ALL the time. But still.

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg368173#msg368173 date=1179580005]
    More info  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome

Sorry SOAD, I have to disagree with you there, it seems to be the case. Children go missing on vacation all the time, where's the coverage? The only reason why we didn't know is because it's not in mainstream news.

The Steven Lawrence case...would there be a same coverage if he was white? I don't think so.
    [/quote]

Do they really though?

go missing on holiday?

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=7487.msg368175#msg368175 date=1179580066]

Do they really though?

go missing on holiday?

[/quote]

Not that many on holiday for long periods of time but according to the guardian 450 young people have gone missing in the UK since Madeleine (although the majority are teens).

[quote author=miseryguts link=topic=7487.msg368181#msg368181 date=1179580379]
    Not that many on holiday for long periods of time but according to the guardian 450 young people have gone missing in the UK since Madeleine (although the majority are teens).
    [/quote]

thats the key right there. teens.

i'm pretty sure these teens were not abducted from their rooms in the middle of the night.

[quote author=Lexa link=topic=7487.msg368182#msg368182 date=1179580447]
    thats the key right there. teens.

i'm pretty sure these teens were not abducted from their rooms in the middle of the night.
    [/quote]

are you sure?? you ever see my website??  www.TomTomsTeens.com

That is the problem with teens who go missing, so many people assume they are runaways when they can be abducted just as easily or maybe easier even than younger kids.  We are trained to watch the younger ones and assume the older ones know better, but young people can be very trusting, no matter the age, and sadly that can cause them lots of heartache!

[quote author=tmars78 link=topic=7487.msg368184#msg368184 date=1179580650]
    are you sure?? you ever see my website??  www.TomTomsTeens.com
    [/quote]

ha ha ha :-P

[quote author=sarabei link=topic=7487.msg368185#msg368185 date=1179580929]
    That is the problem with teens who go missing, so many people assume they are runaways when they can be abducted just as easily or maybe easier even than younger kids.  We are trained to watch the younger ones and assume the older ones know better, but young people can be very trusting, no matter the age, and sadly that can cause them lots of heartache!
    [/quote]

It is sad to assume that they are runaways, it is as just as easy to be abducted, but I am more than sure that the majority of teens probably run away.  There is a lot of teen angst and when the situation at home becomes what they deem unbearable they bolt.  Runaway situations are just as sad as abductions, for that fact that no one has seen or heard from that person.  They are still missing, and that is the sad part.

[quote author=tmars78 link=topic=7487.msg368190#msg368190 date=1179581156]
    It is sad to assume that they are runaways, it is as just as easy to be abducted, but I am more than sure that the majority of teens probably run away.  There is a lot of teen angst and when the situation at home becomes what they deem unbearable they bolt.  Runaway situations are just as sad as abductions, for that fact that no one has seen or heard from that person.  They are still missing, and that is the sad part.
    [/quote]

I think the fact that they run away makes them more vulnerable to predators, etc. and more easily taken advantage of because of their trying to survive on the streets.

Sick web hijackers cash in on Madeleine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=455885&in_page_id=1770 &ct=5

This photo breaks my heart. She's so sweet, she's in an Everton shirt....

Her younger sister, cuddling Madeleine's favourite toy....

[quote author=Bella22 link=topic=7487.msg368268#msg368268 date=1179585171]
    Sick web hijackers cash in on Madeleine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=455885&in_page_id=1770 &ct=5

This photo breaks my heart. She's so sweet, she's in an Everton shirt....

Her younger sister, cuddling Madeleine's favourite toy....

[/quote]

Sick bastards!!!!  I hope any company who backs those websites goes DOWN in a big way!!  God how CRUEL and COLD!!!  She looks like such a happy little girl...so beautiful, I can't imagine what her family is going through or how you would even go on from something like that!

Ha, The Daily Mail have been sensationalising this since it started, I would take that artcile with a BIG pinch of salt. The site it claims in bogus (www.helpmadeleine.com) now seems 'genuine' - at least with content, surely the advert/search site it a standard page which appears when the domain is bought but no content has been put in yet? It's a hjolding page advertising code ffs. It's the bloody Daily Mail who are cashing in with their sensationalist 'stories' every day - making people buy their papers  :2angry:

big deal in germany as well.

i guess it causes so much attention because

1. this pedophile theme is very current
    2. madeleine is a very cute girl
    3. her parents are a nice couple - distinguished, not white trash or something, i guess thats also the reason why nobody is blaming them. they're educated and likeable
    4. the circumstances, abducted during the night, out of room, during holiday.

i think pedophiles abducted her too. and i fear they might murder her because everybody knows now her face...
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

SOAD

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg368571#msg368571 date=1179608520]

3. her parents are a nice couple - distinguished, not white trash or something, i guess thats
    [/quote]

Her Parents are a pair of idiots.....they are well educated professional people who should of had the common &quot;sence&quot; to get a fuckin child minder.

I got no sympathy for them...I just hope the little girl turns up ok

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg368578#msg368578 date=1179609110]
    Her Parents are a pair of idiots.....they are well educated professional people who should of had the common &quot;sence&quot; to get a fuckin child minder.

[/quote]

THANK YOU! I was just reading an article about Madeleine in the current issue of People, and I want to dropkick these parents. We &quot;expect&quot; impoverished, young or uneducated parents to do something stupid like leave VERY small children unattended. We do not &quot;expect&quot; to see this sort of behavior from older, educated, secure parents.&nbsp;

This excerpt really made me angry: &quot;Some of the initial British press coverage questioned why the couple had left the children with no babysitter. But friends of the family's said the parents, who had struggled with infertility before having their kids through invitro fertilization, felt safer by not entrusting them to a stranger's care.&quot;

So, you struggle and pay a pretty penny to HAVE these kids, only to leave these VERY little kids in a strange place, unsupervised? What if one put something into a light socket, what if one fell head first into the toilet (don't laugh, it DOES happen), what if one of them managed to open door and wander around, what if one of them found something to eat and choked, what if one of them climbed onto a counter, fell and bashed their head, what if one of them was kidnapped?! HELLO! Did these thoughts not run through the parents minds?!?!? If you're not trusting, do fingerprinting, run a background check, install a nanny cam, drop in unexpectedly, don't leave the damn kids alone!

Edit to add: I DO, of course, hope that she is returned home safe and sound. Duh. In re-reading this, I sound kind of harsh, but I would never wish ill will upon such a little child. I hope she is found soon.
    With all this talk of thinking outside the box, I am beginning to wonder what&#039;s left inside the box. -Me

[quote author=SOAD link=topic=7487.msg368578#msg368578 date=1179609110]

[/quote]

whoa calm down. i didn't say it's my oppinion. i just guess the media and most parts of public think of them that way.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; Euripides (484 BC - 406 BC), The Bacchae, circa 407 B.C.

SOAD

[quote author=idiomatic_german link=topic=7487.msg368628#msg368628 date=1179613333]
    whoa calm down. i didn't say it's my oppinion. i just guess the media and most parts of public think of them that way.
    [/quote]

Hey, sorry...I wasnt having a go at you at all

i think the mc cann parents are gays

Thread Information