Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 'Roseanne' Canceled By ABC After Racist Tweets

'Roseanne' Canceled By ABC After Racist Tweets

http://deadline.com/2018/05/roseanne...ts-1202399123/

Damn Roseanne is straight up conspiracy theorist!!

Applause
    ?Roseanne?s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show,? ABC Entertainment chief Channing Dungey said in a statement.

Barr?s sitcom ? the big story of the 2017-18 TV season ? had been picked up for a second season after only one episode, which clocked record high numbers for the season. Roseanne was the highest-rated and most watched ?new? series of the 2017-18 season, ranking No. 2 overall among all entertainment programs in total viewers (17.815 million in Live+7) and in the adults 18-49 demographic (5.0 rating). It also was the cornerstone of ABC?s upfront presentation earlier this month, which was opened by Barr.

ABC?s cancellation announcement came hours after Barr announced she was ?leaving? Twitter ? again ? after apologizing for calling former President Barack Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett an offspring of the ?Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes.?

Barr later apologized, vowing to leave Twitter ? then came back to Twitter about 5 minutes later, to expand on her apology.

?I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans,? Barr tweeted. ?I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me-my joke was in bad taste.? She has not tweeted anything since.

Jarrett has not responded, which CNN calls ?taking the high road? but we call it a likely decision to hold off, having, in one of those incredible coincidences, previously been booked to appear tonight in an MSNBC town hall about racism in America ? ratings on which are now likely to be much higher:

In her initial tweet about Jarrett she referred to her as ?muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj.? It was in response to a tweet referencing a Wikileaks claim that the CIA during Obama?s term in office spied on French presidential candidates.

In response to expected blow-back, Barr said her tweet was a ?joke? and responded to claims that her tweet was racist by replying ?Muslims r not a race.? Jarrett, an African American, was born in Iran to American parents. Barr?s tweet has since been deleted.

Wanda Sykes responded, announcing her resignation from the show, on which she has been consulting producer,:

Roseanne also noted, ?By the way, George Soros is a nazi who turned in his fellow Jews 2 be murdered in German concentration camps & stole their wealth-were you aware of that? But, we all make mistakes, right Chelsea??

Soros was born in 1930.

Today?s tweets aren?t even the first time Barr has called an African American women an ape. In 2013, she called Obama National Security Adviser Susan Rice ?a man with big swinging ape balls.?
    This is straight up Alex Jones levels of insanity.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/roseanne...gh-1202399035/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rose...ry?id=55504982

Here is ABC/Disney's statement in removing Roseanne as a result of the rants.

From Channing Dungey, President of ABC Entertainment: "Roseanne's Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show."
    There was only one thing to do here, and that was the right thing.

I feel so bad for Sara Gilbert. Wasn't she the one who mainly helped in bringing the show back?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I feel so bad for Sara Gilbert. Wasn't she the one who mainly helped in bringing the show back?
    Yeah, but I can't feel sorry for her. She knew what Roseanne was before agreeing to the project (everyone did), and also helped give a voice to all that hate, racism, xenophobia, etc. She enabled this in my opinion. Even today she didn't quit, like Wanda Sykes did. She still wanted the $$$ I feel like, and wasn't willing to walk away from it. Especially considering her background, I have trouble letting her off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Yeah, but I can't feel sorry for her. She knew what Roseanne was before agreeing to the project (everyone did), and also helped give a voice to all that hate, racism, xenophobia, etc. She enabled this in my opinion. Even today she didn't quit, like Wanda Sykes did. She still wanted the $$$ I feel like, and wasn't willing to walk away from it. Especially considering her background, I have trouble letting her off the hook.
    Sarah Gilbert still has that talk show, right? Lacy Gerenson and the actress who plays Jackie will lose more. It sucks that Roseanne can't even think about how this is going to affect people she is attached to, and that they are going to lose their jobs because of her.

THe show itself wasn't terrible...a few wince moments like with the Muslim family, but more good than bad.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...y-theory-about

Update now Donald Trump Jr. Is running with Roseanne's conspiracy theories that got her ABC TV contract cancelled.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...os-nephew.html

Wow didn't Roseanne support the Green Party before being pro-Trump recently. I remember stuff that Roseanne was left wing progressive in various article before her show was rebooted.

But if Roseanne wants to have a show again she would have to work as Alex Jones pundit. I expected Alex Jones to do this stuff though and Sinclair leaders to act that way.

I don't really know her background.....I just had the assumption it was mostly Sara Gilbert's doing (this show coming back) and she worked really hard to get it together....then for it to all be over because of Roseanne's big mouth. It sucks for everyone else on the show, she ruined it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I actually hated the reboot. It wasn't funny, everything seemed forced, I'm surprised so many people watched it. I loved the original series, and the reboot didn't even come close.

I just don't know how she could tweet that shit and not expect this to happen.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This is the conspiracy theory Roseanne and Jr are trying to propagate.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ge...-nazi-germany/

More at link.

I must say that I never watched any of the reboot. I couldn't get past her hate and garbage. I watched the original show back in the day, but couldn't bring myself to every try this time.
    Ditto. I liked the original show the first few years, but it got old. Never got around to checking out the reboot because I was afraid I'd damage my tv flinging something at it.

Once upon a time I liked Roseanne's persona, but she just didn't wear well.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

So how long until Fox picks it up?!

So how long until Fox picks it up?!
    Umm its more like when will Roseanne become a Pundit for Infowars and Alex Jones. I read the rants and it pointing in the direction for becoming an Infowars Pundit. And yes the rest of the Roseanne Cast won't have a job and will get judged for being a racist/conspiracy theorist but Roseanne will get a deal with Infowars and wont suffer from the backlash.

http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/com...ar-1202823159/

And I doubt Fox would want Roseanne for now given that they are in the middle of the Disney Fox Deal.

I think that instead of canceling the show they should have just wrote her out... either killing her character or replacing her with Kathy Bates or someone.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/joeg...ot-3558337.php

Here is an update prior to Roseanne having a 2018 reboot she was a Green Party member. But somehow what lead to Roseanne being pro-Trump/Alex Jones I have no clue on that.

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...-an-outrageous

Update now Fox News has Condemned Roseanne. Yes you know things are insane when even Fox news has to condemn Roseanne. Yes and the Disney/Fox Deal is at play here.

Fox News host Sean Hannity slammed comedian Roseanne Barr for her racist tweet about former Obama-era White House adviser Valerie Jarrett on Tuesday.

Hannity said Barr's remarks comparing Jarrett to an ape were "outrageous" and that she was right to apologize.

Barr, like Hannity an outspoken Trump supporter, tweeted that Jarrett was the child of the Islamist organization Muslim Brotherhood and the film “Planet of the Apes."

“Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote, using Jarrett’s initials. The actress’s message was in response to a tweet accusing Jarrett of covering up misdeeds for the Obama administration.

Barr later apologized for the remark and added that she was “leaving Twitter” following the harsh criticism she received for what she called a "bad joke."

“I think with social media a lot of people just send things out,” Hannity said on his Tuesday radio show. “Especially comedians are always in danger ’cause they just think they’re being funny and they’re not.”

Hannity’s remarks came just hours after ABC announced its decision to cancel the reboot of "Roseanne" following the tweet.

The comedian was also dropped by her talent agency, ICM Partners, shortly after ABC canceled her show.

“We are all greatly distressed by the disgraceful and unacceptable tweet from Roseanne Barr this morning,” ICM said in a statement Tuesday, according to Variety.

“What she wrote is antithetical to our core values, both as individuals and as an agency. Consequently, we have notified her that we will not represent her. Effective immediately, Roseanne Barr is no longer a client.”

Please don't pelt me with tomatoes...Jarrett does have a bit of a cartoonish face. Just sayin'. I wouldn't go Planet of the Apes. I was thinking more The Dark Crystal.

There are some people that shouldn't go near Twitter. Roseanne is one of them. People have had their hackles up for years, waiting for her to fuck up good and proper once again. I like the show, but the woman unfortunately has no filter or impulse control. Everyone who has worked with her knows she can be abrasive.

In her defense, if it was indeed a case of late night Ambien Twittering, it's plausible. My mother is famous for her goofy Ambien shenanigans. She Ambien dials people and has 30 minute conversations that she swears never happened. She Ambien cooks and eats. She wakes up to a messed up kitchen and blames my poor father for making banana bread in the middle of the night. So Ambien Twittering could happen. Thankfully, my mother doesn't know how to use her cell phone other than answering it.

I do see that the Twitter post was hurtful and wrong. I'm just kinda amused at all the hypocrisy by actors and others in the industry clutching their pearls in horror. To quote the late, great Bob Marley...

“Who are you to judge the life I live?
    I know I’m not perfect
    -and I don’t live to be-
    but before you start pointing fingers…
    make sure you hands are clean!”

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

when in doubt....blame the Ambien. Of course, once Ambien made me get up in the middle of the night, eat an entire bag of cookies and fall asleep hugging the empty package but that's because deep down I just really love cookies, so there's that excuse.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Her Twitter rants were all over the place this morning.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    https://www.sfgate.com/politics/joeg...ot-3558337.php

Here is an update prior to Roseanne having a 2018 reboot she was a Green Party member. But somehow what lead to Roseanne being pro-Trump/Alex Jones I have no clue on that.
    She's an attention seeking loud mouth. I doubt that she believes 90% of what she says or says she believes. (same as the Trumpster) But sometime about 6 years old or so most people learn "I didn't mean it" doesn't let you waltz away from responsibility. Just taking Rosie and Donny a really long time to get the message. Some people never do.

Omg I love it. From the manufacturers of Ambien:
    Attached Images Attached Images

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

The planet of the apes thing is an obvious racist remark, not just making fun of the way someone looked. The Muslim Brotherhood remark is obvious bigotry, based on Jarrett's family doing charity work in Iran. Oh the horror, someone doing good works, and that person was connected to Obama...gotta try to destroy that person. No excuses for this piece of shit being a racist and a bigot.

Oh, and today, after apologizing for the tweet, she's tweeted some more pics of VJ and planet of the apes pics. She's not sorry, ambien didn't make her do anything, and she's pissed that her behaviour had consequences. Like Trump, she wants constant attention, and she's ok with it being negative attention to some degree, but she's livid that actual real consequences are happening to her. She's a psycho, and everyone just needs to totally ignore her and her bullshit. She's like a child throwing a tantrum.

Roseanne is right, that woman looks exactly like the Dr ape on Planet of the Apes.

Whoopie Goldberg said Trump looks just like an orange troll doll and oompa loompa, she said it then laughed about it but she was allowed to keep her job after making an attack on Trumps looks.

I worked with a girl once that looked like the lovechild of Danny Devito and a bull dog.... I'm not making this shit up. She was literally built like a bulldog standing upright. She even snorted and breathed like one. Her facial features and hair were inherited from her suspected father.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Quote Originally Posted by S281Saleen160 View Post
    Roseanne is right, that woman looks exactly like the Dr ape on Planet of the Apes.

Whoopie Goldberg said Trump looks just like an orange troll doll and oompa loompa, she said it then laughed about it but she was allowed to keep her job after making an attack on Trumps looks.
    Maybe if she would have left the Muslim part out she could have skated by. I'm not racist in the least and I think Kid Rock looks like a catfish. George Jones DID look like a damn possum.

It's comical to see how the makers of Ambien and anyone remotely affiliated with her are trying to cover their asses so they don't get splashed or smell from the shit storm she has created for herself. I don't see her bouncing back from this one.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    http://deadline.com/2018/05/roseanne...ts-1202399123/

Damn Roseanne is straight up conspiracy theorist!!

This is straight up Alex Jones levels of insanity.
    Yeah she's a conspiracy theorist. I've seen tons of interviews w her talking about MK Ultra and mind control all kinds of stuff. She's interesting to listen to though.
    I wish someone would have SS her tweet, I wanted to see that. She just lost a lot of money bc of a damn tweet.

Thread Information