Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Heather Strube (25) was gunned down in a crowded Target parking lot

mydeathspace

Heather Strube (25) was gunned down in a crowded Target parking lot

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/05/16/Heather_Strube_(25)_was_gunned_down_in_a_crowded_T arget_parking_lot

Check out the composite sketch of the killer! 

Re: Heather Strube (25) was gunned down in a crowded Target parking lot

O!  Wtf?! 

RIP Target Heather.
    If I could get another chance<br />Another walk, another dance with him<br />I&#39;d play a song that would never, ever end<br />How I&#39;d love, love, love to dance with my father again

What'd the shooter look like?

He was white, had a slight build, a well manicured mustache, and a SHITLOAD OF HAIR!!!!!!!!!

It's Gallagher after a day of drunken wig shopping.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

I just drove through our Targets parking lot, and it's quite windy.&nbsp; He looks like everyone I saw.

Heather is from my hometown.&nbsp; Her family owns a flower shop here in town.&nbsp; Speculation has it that the killer is possibly her ex mil.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=65090

Heather Strube, 25, was getting ready to graduate from Georgia Perimeter College with a degree in business.&nbsp; Instead, her family is making plans to lay the young mother to rest after she was gunned down in a store parking lot.

Snellville, Ga. police say around 6 p.m. on Sunday, May 26, 2009, Heather met her estranged husband, Steven Strube, in the parking lot located on Scenic Highway in Snellville to pick up her son.

Heather and her husband had been married for more than four years, but the couple was going through a divorce.

Witnesses told police that after Heather buckled her 18-month-old son into his car seat, a person wearing a wig and a fake mustache approached her.

The two argued for a short time, and the unidentified person shot Heather in the head. She was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead shortly thereafter.

Police are now trying to piece together exactly what happened. They are hoping video captured by a security camera&nbsp; will help identify the unknown shooter.

Investigators say Heather's husband has been interviewed, and he says he has no idea what happened.

Police say several witnesses told investigators that the shooter was walking around the parking lot for several minutes before the attack.

They describe the shooter as a white person, about 5'6&quot; or 5'7&quot;, possibly 150 lbs.&nbsp; Witnesses tell police that the shooter was wearing a laptop bag or computer bag around the neck area.

After the shooting, cops say the killer simply walked away.

Friends say Heather was a very generous person, and spent a lot of time volunteering at the Church at Covington as a youth adviser.

Heather's friends say she had high hopes for her future. She was working as a wedding and events coordinator at &quot;Flowers of Olde Town,&quot;&nbsp; a family-owned flower shop in Conyers, Ga.&nbsp; She was raising a son, and was set to get a business degree in the spring. She had even considered going to law school.

Friends say Heather was a very generous person, and spent a lot of time volunteering at the Church at Covington as a youth adviser.

Her friend Tracey Dunn, told AMW that, &quot;She was a very giving person. She opened her door to troubled teens and helped them through difficult times.&quot;

&quot;She was a wonderful person,&quot; said Tracey. &quot;She never had a bad thing to say about anyone, and she had no enemies.&quot;

While Heather's family and friends are struggling to comes to terms with what&nbsp; happened, police are searching for her killer

It doesn't say where the husband was... I mean if he'd just given her the child and she was putting the child in the car seat when she was shot.....&nbsp; was he still right there?&nbsp; Had he already driven off?

Her husband had already left when she was shot.&nbsp; On the security film he can be seen leaving the parking lot.&nbsp; The shooter came up to the passenger door, words were exchanged and Heather was shot in the head.&nbsp;

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news...hooting_050709

Good video of reporter going through the scene of the crime and also video of the killer from surveillance cameras.

What? So her estranged ex was with her there, but left separately. Then some other random stranger came up, argued with her, and then killed her? Seems unlikely....

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=19879.msg1276582#msg1276582 date=1242413375]
    Heather is from my hometown.&nbsp; Her family owns a flower shop here in town.&nbsp; Speculation has it that the killer is possibly her ex mil.
    [/quote]

So her mother in law is one of the suspects?&nbsp; Well, I shouldn't say suspect... the police haven't said anything... but that is what people are assuming?&nbsp; I wonder if mil was upset about the custody arrangement or even financial matters in the divorce?

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=19879.msg1276643#msg1276643 date=1242417227]
    What? So her estranged ex was with her there, but left separately. Then some other random stranger came up, argued with her, and then killed her? Seems unlikely....
    [/quote]

She had met her husband there to pick up their son.&nbsp; They have ruled the husband and his gf out as suspects.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2009/05/12/snellville_shooting_parking_lot.html%3Fcxntlid%3Dh omepage_tab_newstab%26imw%3DY

Cops don’t think estranged husband killed wife
    Snellville police said Tuesday they are close to ruling out the estranged husband as a suspect in the slaying of a 25-year-old woman shot in front of her toddler son.

Steven Strube has submitted to questioning three times since Heather Strube’s death on April 26, said police Capt. Harold Thomas.

Snellville Police Department

Sketch of suspect sought in fatal shooting of woman in Snellville Target parking lot. Police believe the assailant was a woman.

&nbsp;
    “We do not believe that he did it,” said Thomas.

Asked whether Strube, 25, was somehow involved, Thomas said, “We haven’t ruled it out 100 percent, but I’d say we’re leaning towards that he’s not involved.”

Thomas said he has repeatedly reviewed a surveillance videotape from the Target shopping center in Snellville where the shooting occurred. He said he is becoming increasingly convinced that the shooter, who wore a fake mustache and wig as a disguise, was a woman.

The captain also said about 10 people witnessed the shooting and the shooter was described as very small in stature.

The altercation happened moments after Heather Strube met up with her estranged husband to exchange custody of their 20-month-old son at the store. Witnesses saw the husband leave the scene shortly before the suspect walked up, police said.

The suspect and victim exchanged a few animated words, “which almost makes you think she did know who it was,” said Snellville Police Chief Roy Whitehead.

The suspect shot Strube once in the head.

Tracey Dunn, a close friend and co-worker of Heather Strube at the florist shop Strube’s parents own in Conyers, said police have asked the family not to comment about the case.

“The family is completely confident in the Snellville Police that they are doing what they need to do,” Dunn said.

The Rev. Josh Blevins, a worship pastor at Calvary Chapel Stone Mountain, said he counseled Heather Strube and her estranged husband on several occasions beginning last year. He said Heather Strube had been a member of the church before her marriage to Steven about five years ago. She started becoming active in the church again and “building back up her relationship with the Lord,” after she separated from her husband, Blevins said.

“I never felt that she was in danger. That was something that kind of really did blind-side me,” The Rev. Blevins said. “We’re all concerned and hoping that the truth comes out.”

The killer will get caught I'm sure. You can't murder a mother in front of her todler and get away with it.

[quote author=Necromancer link=topic=19879.msg1276655#msg1276655 date=1242418136]
    The killer will get caught I'm sure. You can't murder a mother in front of her todler and get away with it.
    [/quote]

What?
    If I could get another chance<br />Another walk, another dance with him<br />I&#39;d play a song that would never, ever end<br />How I&#39;d love, love, love to dance with my father again

[quote author=sweet elixir link=topic=19879.msg1276669#msg1276669 date=1242419079]
    What?
    [/quote]

Heather's son, Carson was in the car.&nbsp; She was killed in front of him.

I understand that part, it's the not getting away with it part that I don't get.&nbsp; It's a toddler, not Magnum PI.

Incredibly sad.&nbsp; RIP Heather.

How old does a kid have to be before they can be used to identify someone in a lineup?
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve. - Jello Biafra

[quote author=sweet elixir link=topic=19879.msg1276683#msg1276683 date=1242420002]
    I understand that part, it's the not getting away with it part that I don't get.&nbsp; It's a toddler, not Magnum PI.

Incredibly sad.&nbsp; RIP Heather.
    [/quote]

Oh sorry.

[quote author=Onthedarkside link=topic=19879.msg1276685#msg1276685 date=1242420336]
    Oh sorry.
    [/quote]

S'totally alright.&nbsp; I appreciate you trying to help me out :)

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=19879.msg1276684#msg1276684 date=1242420097]
    How old does a kid have to be before they can be used to identify someone in a lineup?
    [/quote]

There's no age limit. If they can identify the person that can be used as probable cause. But it's up to a jury to determine if the child is credible or not.

[quote author=Evolved1 link=topic=19879.msg1276684#msg1276684 date=1242420097]
    [/quote]

An 18 month old will be pretty useless for this unfortunately. &nbsp;

[quote author=mydeathspace link=topic=19879.msg1276504#msg1276504 date=1242407692]
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2009/05/16/Heather_Strube_(25)_was_gunned_down_in_a_crowded_T arget_parking_lot

[/quote]

I love how the sketch artist felt the need to include their signature.&nbsp; :lol: :lol:

like &quot;shit, hopefully this will lead to more jobs!&quot;

:lol:

I literally burst into laughter. :lol:

Not just at the sketch but the whole damn fucking thread with the magnum PI toddler.

RIP Heather.

It's common for artists to sign their work, but I think that it is a distraction when it comes to police sketches. Also, doesn't it look like a junior in high school drew it?

Thread Information