Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rachael DelTondo (32) was shot and killed, while suspended from her teaching job after LE leak exposed that she was possibly having an improper relationship with a student

This is so crazy.

https://beavercountian.com/content/b...cooKYfFXSnQq7c

It's a long article, so I will snip some

Lauren Watkins told BeaverCountian.com she is even more irate than her father about the charges filed against Perciavalle.

“I wasn’t a victim until the county detectives came to my house and threatened to arrest my parents unless I wrote down a statement saying what they wanted me to say,” she said. “They told me what to write and told me they would take my parents away in handcuffs if I didn’t do it.”

Ken and Stephanie Watkins both told BeaverCountian.com that county detectives informed them they would be arrested on felony charges of failing to report that their daughter had received the message from Perciavalle unless they cooperated in his prosecution.

Both Ken and Stephanie Watkins are considered “mandatory reporters” under state law in their official capacities, with Ken being a police officer and Stephanie serving as a agent with the Pennsylvania Inspector General’s Office.

But Townsend said an assistant district attorney told him that neither parent could be charged within the intent of the statutes in question.

The Waktins family also alleges it was placed under a “gag order” by the DA’s office and told they would be arrested on the felony charges if they spoke with the press.

“We were also told that if we talked to (BeaverCountian.com investigative reporter) John Paul we would be arrested on those charges,” said Ken Watkins, an assertion backed up by his wife.

“I don’t give a shit anymore. Let them arrest me. What are they going to do, arrest everybody so they can keep hiding the truth?”

Following this one. What a crazy case.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    This is so crazy.

https://beavercountian.com/content/b...cooKYfFXSnQq7c

It's a long article, so I will snip some
    Sounds about right for Beaver County...

I'm convinced when we least expect it, this story will blow up and be solved. Boom! Like that. So I'm marking it.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I'm convinced when we least expect it, this story will blow up and be solved. Boom! Like that. So I'm marking it.
    I hope so because that DA is the biggest doofus I've ever seen.

BTW- Rachael's mom and aunt was arrested

ALIQUIPPA, Pa. —
    An Election Day incident has resulted in misdemeanor charges against Lisa DelTondo, the mother of slain school teacher Rachael DelTondo, whose murder remains unsolved.

Aliquippa police say the incident happened at the Greek Orthodox Church on Davidson Street, where Lisa DelTondo and Jacqueline Belcastro allegedly confronted the family of Rachael DelTondo's ex-fiance. The church was being used as a polling place.

Police say DelTondo and Belcastro verbally attacked Yvonne and Jojo Catroppa, hurling threats, and at one point, they say Belcastro spit on Yvonne Catroppa, according to the criminal complaint.

The complaint describes a long-running period of harassment by Lisa DelTondo against the Catroppa family since her daughter's death on Mother's Day.

Rachael DelTondo, 33, was shot at the doorsteps of her mother's house on Buchanan Street in May. Several people have been questioned in the ongoing investigation, but no arrests have been made in connection with the woman's death.

Belcastro and Lisa DelTondo are awaiting a preliminary hearing. Online dockets list misdemeanor charges of simple assault, harassment and disorderly conduct.

No one answered at the DelTondos' home Tuesday, and the Catroppas declined an interview request from Pittsburgh's Action News 4.
    https://www.wtae.com/article/rachael...ident/25323918

So.....if mom and aunt are attacking mobster Frankie, sounds like they think Frankie had something to do with Rachael's murder?

When you try to update this case and it has so many characters involved...

http://www.timesonline.com/news/2018...held-for-court

The two cases against Aliquippa Assistant Police Chief Joseph Perciavalle will proceed to trial after a lengthy preliminary hearing Tuesday.

BEAVER ? The two cases against Aliquippa Assistant Police Chief Joseph Perciavalle will proceed to trial after a lengthy preliminary hearing Tuesday.

Another Aliquippa officer, Sgt. Kenneth Watkins, pleaded the Fifth Amendment to avoid testifying at a preliminary hearing for Perciavalle on Tuesday afternoon.

District Judge Edward Howe dismissed the disseminating explicit sexual materials to minors charge and unlawful contact with a minor charge, both felonies, but held the misdemeanor corruption of minors charge for court.

Perciavalle, 44, is accused of sending an inappropriate video in a group message that included Lauren Watkins, daughter of Kenneth Watkins, who was 17 at the time the video was sent.

In the second case, Howe held the felony charge of intercepting communications after Perciavalle allegedly illegally recorded a conversation with Aliquippa Police Chief Don Couch. Perciavalle has been on paid administrative leave from the Aliquippa Police Department since June.

Kenneth Watkins was the first witness called to the stand but invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination when asked by Assistant District Attorney Jorden Colalella about the group text message with Perciavalle and Watkins? family. Watkins said he feared retaliation from the district attorney?s office.

Lauren Watkins, who is now 18, testified that she felt she was forced by county detectives to write a statement against Perciavalle regarding the video, which showed a woman urinating while on a playground swing.

Lauren Watkins said Perciavalle is a close family friend and she considers him an uncle. The video was sent in a group message that also included Watkins? parents.

?It was sent on accident,? Lauren Watkins said.

She said she didn?t watch the video or reply in the group text message. The first time she saw the video is when two county detectives showed it to her after it was discovered on her phone during a search, Lauren Watkins testified.

Beaver County Detective Robert Heberle testified that he found the video while searching Lauren?s phone in connection with the Rachael DelTondo homicide case. Lauren Watkins is considered a possible witness in the DelTondo homicide.

In the group text message, Stephanie Watkins, Lauren?s mother, said ?My daughter is too young to see this,? Heberle testified. Perciavalle responded by saying ?smh? and ?she is 21.?

Lauren Watkins, who graduated from high school a year early, was a freshman in college at the time the video was sent.

However, Heberle testified that Perciavalle said in an interview later with detectives that he knew Lauren Watkins was 17.

While searching Perciavalle?s phone on a search warrant in June, Heberle also discovered a 39-minute long recording of a conversation between Chief Couch and Perciavalle that seemed to be happening in a police car while the two were on duty, Heberle said at the hearing.

Heberle testified that the recording seemed suspicious to him because at no time did Couch indicate he knew he was being recorded, nor did Perciavalle say he was recording the conversation.

According to Pennsylvania wiretap laws, before a conversation can be recorded, all parties involved have to be made aware of the recording and have given permission for it to occur.

Heberle said police officers especially are trained to give a preamble on recordings to show the recording is being done legally.

The recording was made March 2, the same day state police served a search warrant on the offices at the Aliquippa city building, Couch testified. Couch said the Aliquippa officers were discussing the raid when he got to the police station that day, and Perciavalle seemed to know more about the investigation than anyone else.

?When I realized he [Perciavalle] knew so much, I told him ?let?s go for a ride.? I wanted to find out what he knew,? Couch said at the hearing.

The two rode around and talked in Couch?s police vehicle, at one point ending up parked in the city building?s public parking lot, Couch testified.

In the recording, which was played in its entirety during the three-hour long preliminary hearing, Perciavalle and Couch are heard discussing the police department, the Aliquippa police pension fund, City Manager Sam Gill and other personal topics.

Couch said they discussed things in the car that they would not have discussed publicly.

Defense Attorney Steve Townsend argued that Couch had no reasonable expectation for privacy in the conversation as part of it may have taken place in a public parking lot.

He also argued that Perciavalle was exempt from the wiretap laws under an exception in the statute that allows recording without permission when there is a reasonable suspicion a person may commit a crime of violence, including witness intimidation.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    When you try to update this case and it has so many characters involved...

http://www.timesonline.com/news/2018...held-for-court
    You're right, we need to write a character list

I like that this girl is saying that she had no idea the vid existed until police officers showed it to her

48 Hours has a new episode

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rachel-...vania-murders/

Does ice cream connect two Pennsylvania murders?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    48 Hours has a new episode

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rachel-...vania-murders/

Does ice cream connect two Pennsylvania murders?
    I'll have to check it out for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information