Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLDEN STATE KILLER CAUGHT!

GOLDEN STATE KILLER CAUGHT!

News conference at 12 noon PT
    (Plz delete this if there?s already a thread on this that I couldn?t find)

Joseph James DeAngelo, 72, is a Vietnam Vet and former police officer. I?m only seeing news about this on Twitter, and I can?t seem to post a link here.
    But if it?s really him-
    HALLE-FUCKIN-LUJAH!

Someone on Twitter posted ?Today is officially True Crime Christmas!? Plus, if they caught him via DNA, today really is DNA Day.

Man r/unresolvedmysteries has always been OBSESSED with this case I bet they?re flipping their shit right now

I have so many questions. I?d recently been watching the multi-part series Unmasking A Killer on HLN, so a lot of it?s fresh in my mind. He fucked up a lot of people. He raped women with their husbands in the same house, knowing what was happening, knowing that if he tried to resist, his wife could be killed- and he could be too. He later called his victims to terrorize them all over again. Then he began killing.
    I would like to know how they caught him. Did they get a DNA cold hit? Did someone he knows turn him in? What?s he been doing all these years- did he really stop in 1986, or are there other crimes that no one has connected to him? (they believe he was the Visalia Ransacker, who burglarized 100+ homes prior to the rapes). I?m very glad that they caught him before he died. He needs to die in prison.

Whoa....

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Wait, he was arrested here in Sacramento???

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This is HUGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    This is HUGE!
    I know! I am wondering if he was here this whole time??? And if so, why did they stop? I had assumed he had moved or died.

Okay, I just read he was arrested in Citrus Heights... I live in Citrus Heights!!! Holy shit, I am in shock...

Edited to add: I was told the address of his house, same street my husband's family lived for years, and is also 2 minutes away from my kid's school. This is just giving me goosebumps.
    Last edited by Nic B; 04-25-2018 at 08:12 AM.

Nic, that is so crazy how close to home this hits for you!

I've been on the waiting list for Michelle McNamara's book at the library for a month and I just got the text this morning that it's ready for me to pick up. Anybody else read it?

Damn this is good news. I never thought it would be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    Nic, that is so crazy how close to home this hits for you!

I've been on the waiting list for Michelle McNamara's book at the library for a month and I just got the text this morning that it's ready for me to pick up. Anybody else read it?

Damn this is good news. I never thought it would be solved.
    Yep, he lived 5 minutes from my house.

This is such amazing news, I'm happy that the victims and the victims' family finally have a chance at closure.

Looks like he is married with children; even more lives he's destroyed. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sceawian View Post
    This is such amazing news, I'm happy that the victims and the victims' family finally have a chance at closure.

Looks like he is married with children; even more lives he's destroyed. I can't imagine what they are going through right now.
    I was wondering if he got married, had kids, grandkids, etc. I wonder if that is why he stopped?

Can't wait for this news conference. It's a shame Michelle McNamara couldn't be here to see how she probably helped get this guy with her book.

Me coming back from the dead in here to check this thread.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    This is just fantastic. I'm so glad that he was caught. I have a lot of reading to do. Especially now that the case is solved. It's a complete story now. Anne Rule would have written the hell out of this book!

I was told by someone who lived next door to him that he was "neighborly but kept to himself".

Damn am I glad I returned when I did. So much catching up on cases and now this! I sure hope those families can finally get closure. I can't believe how much he did and how long he got away with!! I was just given a recommendation to read Michelle McNamara's book about this like a week ago!! WOW...
    Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    All kinds of shocking cold case updates here lately! Thanks for posting this, Jez!
    You?re welcome RBW ☺️

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/cri...209823959.html

He has Sacramento ties. Born in Bath, N.Y., DeAngelo graduated from Folsom High School in June 1964 before enlisting in the U.S. Navy and going to fight in Vietnam, according to newspaper clippings. After returning from the war, he earned an associate's degree in police science from Sierra College and a bachelor's degree in criminal justice with a focus on criminal law from Sacramento State. He then interned with the Roseville Police Department for a short period of time before moving south.

He lived in another place that experienced a notorious crime. DeAngelo worked as a police officer in Exeter, a city about 10 miles from Visalia, from 1973 to 1976, according to Sacramento County Sheriff Scott Jones. In 1974 and 1975, the Visalia Ransacker burglarized more than 85 homes and killed a College of the Sequoias journalism professor. Many people believe the Visalia Ransacker and East Area Rapist are the same person, and Jones noted that DeAngelo served as a police officer in Exeter during that two-year period.

▪ He worked in law enforcement in Auburn. After leaving Exeter, DeAngelo became an officer with the Auburn Police Department from 1976, when he is believed to have committed his first rape, until his termination in 1979. DeAngelo was charged with shoplifting a hammer and a can of dog repellent from a Citrus Heights drug store, and chose to forfeit his job rather than answer the city's questions or request an administrative hearing, according to an Auburn Journal article.

▪ He was married and has kids. DeAngelo wed Sharon Marie Huddle of Citrus Heights at Auburn First Congregational Church in fall 1973, according to a wedding announcement in The Sacramento Bee. The two later divorced. He lived with a daughter and granddaughter until his arrest Tuesday. Some of his family members have been interviewed by law enforcement, Jones said.

They?re covering it right now on HLN. His neighbor said he?s lived there for many years, and that he has three daughters. I find it particularly heinous that a man with three daughters could do things that he?s been accused of. How disturbing that some of you live close to this guy.
    So when he was caught shoplifting, he supposedly took a can of dog repellent and a hammer?! FOR HIS RAPE & KILL KIT? Geez.
    Btw HLN is rebroadcasting their series Unmasking A Killer tonight. We just watched the entire series lady month. I wonder if that led to his arrest? One of the guests on tv just said that DeAngelo?s DNA is NOT in the system, but he was arrested because of a DNA match. That seems to point to the inference that one of his male relative?s DNA IS in the system, and that the authorities followed this man to seize his DNA, and that?s how they caught him. One guy said they?ve been following him for six days, so they were likely waiting for him to throw out a drink cup or a cigarette butt or something like that.

Thread Information