Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: GOLDEN STATE KILLER CAUGHT!

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Holy. Fucking. Shit.

You've GOT to be kidding me.

Hundreds of thousands of untested rape kits and THIS is what concerns them? I hate this world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Anyone know if jury selection has begun on this? I got a summons and thought it would be so cool if it was for this....long shot, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Anyone watching the special on Oxygen tonight? I just started it.
    Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I know it's probably too late, but here's the first I have seen about a trial. No dates yet.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...harges-n903406

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/golden-...ss-conference/
    I have had so much going on, I totally forgot about my jury duty Date already passed, oops!

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    He never would have been put to death, and it would have cost a lot of money, although he may have died before appeals were finished. I think that he needs to stand up and admit guilt to each and every case. My only concern is him getting off on it the way that Dennis Rader got off on telling his crimes in court.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Admitting his crimes, not telling. Rader relived his crimes and was physically affected... If you know what I mean.

I still can't get over the fact this guy had been living in my neighborhood for most of my life.

I still can't get over the fact this guy had been living in my neighborhood for most of my life.
    That's super creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    That's super creepy!
    When he was arrested I was shocked, he lived on the same street my husband did growing up (we almost moved into that house in 2013, we would've been neighbors). His house was down the street from my kid's school!

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/li...er-sentencing/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) – Survivors of the Golden State Killer are remembering the trauma Joseph DeAngelo inflicted upon them four decades before his sentencing this week.

Tuesday’s hearing focused on Joseph DeAngelo’s early crimes in Sacramento County, when he was known as the East Area Rapist.

Pete Schultz and his younger sister were just 11 and five years old when Deangelo broke into their Carmichael home on October 18, 1976.

Joseph James DeAngelo is brought to the court room for the first day of victim impact statements at the Gordon D. Schaber Sacramento County Courthouse on Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2020, in Sacramento, Calif. DeAngelo will be formally sentenced to life in prison on Friday. The former police officer in California eluded capture for four decades. He has admitted 13 murders and nearly 50 rapes between 1975 and 1986. (Santiago Mejia/San Francisco Chronicle via AP, Pool)
    “Tied me to the bedpost ’til my hands turned blue. Locked my sister in her room. And performed horrific acts against my mother while she was bound and blindfolded,” Pete Schultz recalled.

They’ve lived with the memory, as a family, for 44 years, but only just share the memory with the victim’s granddaughter in 2020.

The circumstance of Wini Schultz’s resilience and survival hadn’t widely been shared with the rest of the family until after Deangelo was arrested.

“She’s my superhero. To go through what she did, and come out even stronger, is an example that both of us have,” said 26-year-old Kendyl Shultz, Wini Schultz’s granddaughter.

“She got us to look at the bright side of life and be optimistic. And I think that’s how we all succeeded and have done what we’ve done in our lives,” said Pete Schultz.

Dozens of victims and families got to unload decades of grief, anger and relief in front of the man who caused so much pain.

Podcast: FOX40 News takes a deeper dive into the East Area Rapist – Golden State Killer case
    Peggy was just 15 years old when she became DeAngelo’s second victim on July 17, 1976, a date she said changed her life forever.

DeAngelo broke into her Sacramento house while she was home alone with her 16-year-old sister for the first time over the weekend.

“After rolling out of bed and swinging at him, I was hit several times in the head before being tied up gaged and blindfolded. We were both threatened, and I was raped several times,” Peggy recalled.

She said, despite the brutality, they feel lucky that DeAngelo didn’t kill them.

“This horrific terrorizing and traumatic crime, committed by the East Area Rapist in July of ’76, left a life-long emotional scar that’s invisible to anyone but me and my sister,” said Susan, Peggy’s sister.

Both sisters prospered in their lives, getting married, having children and receiving support from loving families. Their parents, now both in their 90s, lived to see an arrest.

“It’s good to have it behind us. It’s been a long … 42, 44 years,” Peggy said.

“It’s been a long haul. And I feel like we have despite the trauma of that night, we have thrived and come out the other side,” Susan said.

“The end of this trauma is here. He’s a horrible man,” Peggy said. “And none of us have to worry about him anymore.”

https://fox40.com/news/local-news/li...son-sentences/

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KTXL) — Friday was sentencing day for Joseph DeAngelo, the man known as the Golden State Killer or the East Area Rapist.

After hearing DeAngelo would speak a gasp came from the room, which soon became still and silent as everyone intently watched the 74-year-old admitted rapist and murderer stand to his feet.

“I’ve listened all your statements, each one of ‘em, and I’m really sorry to everyone I’ve hurt. Thank you, your honor,” DeAngelo said.

Judge Michael Bowman said DeAngelo’s plea does not mean that DeAngelo does not deserve the death penalty, but that the court feels it would not come to pass.

“Mr. DeAngelo will spend the rest of his life and, ultimately, meet his death confined behind the walls of the state penitentiary,” Judge Bowman said.

“I had always wondered if we would ever really hear his voice, and to hear it today was a shock,” said Debbi Domingo McMullan, daughter of victim Cheri Domingo.

“I was extremely surprised when he stood up to say something, even though I thought, ‘What kind of BS is he going to spiel out of his mouth?” said Golden State Killer survivor Jane Carson-Sandler.

It has been a long road to get to Friday’s sentencing, which followed three days of impassioned statements from victims and families who were impacted by DeAngelo’s reign of violence.

“To sit in a courtroom and hear from these folks, I don’t cry a lot. I cried most of the week,” Schubert said.

Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert was dogged in solving the case, assembling a task force four years ago to identify the suspect and bring him to justice.

“To me, it was a matter of just finding the answer because so many people deserved that,” she said.

Following the sentencing, Schubert showed recent videos of DeAngelo from inside his cell at the Sacramento County Main Jail, exposing that DeAngelo’s feeble physical stature was a farce. Since his arrest more than two years ago, he’s only been seen in a wheelchair.

“Watch it for what he does. Watch his flexibility, watch his dexterity, watch his mental drive,” Schubert said. “Think back on the crimes that he committed. Think back about what he did to escape.”

“Everybody called his bluff and he stood up and showed himself to be perfectly physically fit, with a strong voice,” said survivor Gay Hardwick.

“Know that the monster of your childhood or your younger years is gone forever and will die alone in the dark,” Schubert said.
    Update

Sorry for being such an inconstant poster, but since I‘m the one started this post, I really wanted to come back and chew the fat with y’all (dang, I’m not originally from Texas, but I sound like I am!).
    Crazy week. Ever get too into a case? I’m not Michelle McNamara Level obsessed about it (how I wish she’d lived to see this day), but I’ve spent a lot of time on it. I watched all week as the victim impact statements were read, and they damn near gutted me. Then I listened to the judge impose sentencing on DeAngelo, and that took a really long time, which made the enormity of this guy’s crimes seem even more, umm, enormous. Something like 116 charges total. Wow.
    I still have questions. Are there other crimes that he hasn’t copped to? It’s very likely imo. If so, why don’t these guys just tell all? It’s not like his sentence will be affected one way or the other. Also, I want to know what he was doing after he “retired” from serial raping and killing. Did he just become Mr Average American Husband and Father? REALLY??? And speaking of that- I know his wife and daughters and coworkers say they had no idea. We’ve heard that before with other offenders, so it must be possible. How disturbing is that?
    A really big question I have is WHAT EVIDENCE DID THEY FIND? Since he did the plea deal and the sentencing is finished, do you guys know if they’ll likely release that info now? He took so many “souvenirs” (ugh). Surely he kept something...

Thread Information