Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alek Manassian killed 10, injured many more, by crashing a van into pedestrians in Toronto

Alek Manassian killed 10, injured many more, by crashing a van into pedestrians in Toronto

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43873804

Up to 10 pedestrians have been struck by a van that witnesses said mounted the kerb in Toronto, say police.

The vehicle fled the scene after the incident at a busy intersection in the north of the Canadian city, police say.

The van was located several blocks away, and the driver was taken into custody, the BBC has confirmed.

Police have yet to confirm any fatalities, but witnesses told Canadian media a number of people appeared to have been killed in the incident.

Authorities have no cause or reason for the collision, the BBC's Jessica Murphy confirmed at the scene.

She said there are what appear to be at least two bodies covered by orange tarp, but reports of deaths are still unconfirmed.

"A lot of people didn't see the attack but were shocked something like this would happen on a busy but generally calm street," she added.

Toronto's Sunnybrook hospital says it has received seven patients so far, and has locked down its emergency centre as an "added precaution".

The incident happened at Yonge Street and Finch Avenue at 13:30 local time (17:30 GMT) on Monday.

The crime scene encompassed a 2km (1.24 mile) stretch of Yonge Street in Canada's largest city.

It happened about 18 miles (30km) from the downtown area where the Group of Seven foreign ministers of industrialised nations - including Canada, US, Britain, France, Germany, Italy and Japan - were holding meetings.

Pictures apparently taken at the scene show police armed with rifles and paramedics treating injured people.

One orange bag, which appears to contain a body, is seen being loaded on to an ambulance.

"Reports were that a white van mounted the kerb, drove down the sidewalk at southbound Yonge, south of Finch, and struck eight to 10 people possibly, the numbers aren't confirmed yet," Toronto police spokesperson Gary Long told Canadian broadcaster Global News.

Toronto police spokeswoman Jenifferjit Sidhu told CBC News that the vehicle was stopped by police.

No description was given of the driver, including name, age or gender.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau tweeted from Ottawa: "Our thoughts are with all those affected by the terrible incident at Yonge and Finch in Toronto."

"Thank you to the first responders working at the scene - we're monitoring the situation closely."

Nine people have been killed and 16 injured after a man drove a van into pedestrians in Toronto, police said.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43873804
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I have a friend who's mom works in the hospital there.

UPDATE:
    We have received a total of 10 victims from the incident today at Yonge & Finch:
    - unfortunately, 2 patients arrived vital signs absent and were pronounced dead upon arrival
    - 5 in critical condition
    - 2 in serious condition
    - 1 in fair condition:

So, I fear the fatalities will rise.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

It's been difficult getting actual updates about this story since all the asshats want to make jokes about banning vans. I hate the internet some times.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...sian-1.4632435

An Update by CBC on the Accused

Police have identified the suspect in a deadly van attack in Toronto as Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old man from Richmond Hill, Ont., a suburb north of the city.

Ten people were killed and 15 injured on Monday afternoon after a rented white Ryder van jumped a curb and plowed into pedestrians along an approximately one-kilometre-long stretch of Toronto's busy Yonge Street.

A profile on social networking site LinkedIn identifies Minassian as a student at Seneca College in North York, the north Toronto neighbourhood where the attack took place.

'Nobody's seen anything like this': 10 dead, 15 injured in north Toronto van ramming attack
    'I saw people go flying,' Toronto van attack witness says
    Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale told reporters that while the day's events were "horrendous," they do not appear to represent a larger threat to national security.

At a news conference Monday night, Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders declined to speculate about a motive, saying authorities were still investigating. But he said the driver's actions "definitely looked deliberate."

"We are looking very strongly to what the exact motivation was for this particular incident to take place," he said. "At the end of the day, we will have a fulsome answer, and we will have a fulsome account as to what the conclusion of this is."

Yet one possible explanation has emerged online that suggests Minassian was angry over being rebuffed by women.

A Facebook post by a man with the same name and the same photo as the one that appears on Minassian's LinkedIn profile refers to the "Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger," a 22-year-old responsible for a deadly rampage in Isla Vista, Calif., that left six people dead and a dozen more injured.

In a video posted ahead of that 2014 attack, Rodger raged about a number of women turning down his advances, rendering men like him "incels," a term that stands for "involuntarily celibate."

Rodger referred to the men who always seemed to win with women as "Chads" and the women who turned men down as "Stacys."

Deadly van 'attack' not part of organized terror plot, says Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale
    The posting that appears to be by Minassian says the "incel rebellion has already begun. We will overthrow all the Chads and the Stacys."

CBC News has not been able to independently verify the post as having been written by Minassian.

Cellphone video posted to social media on Monday afternoon shows a man stepping out of a white van with a damaged front end that is stopped on the sidewalk. He steps into the line of fire a police officer who has his weapon drawn and can be heard yelling, "Kill me" and gesturing at the officer to shoot him.

Saunders said Monday night that no gun was found on the male driver at the time of his arrest. He said Minassian was not previously known to Toronto police.

The driver was apprehended about 25 minutes after the van first began careening southbound down Yonge Street, the police chief said. The vehicle was at times travelling along the sidewalk and at other times against traffic in the northbound lanes of the busy street, a major artery in Toronto.

Saunders said there is a "tremendous amount" of work underway by investigators to process the scene, which he described as "very large" with a multitude of witnesses present at the time of the attack. He also said Toronto police are working with their federal and provincial counterparts as part of the investigation.

Victim #1 ID'd - Anne Marie D'Amico http://ottawacitizen.com/news/canada...nto-van-attack

Also, can we get this moved to the death section, please?

So this guy is an incel. Most men don't know that incels exist and most women have encountered them but just didn't know there was a name for them. I am disgusted that 10 innocent people are dead because this misogynist loser couldn't get laid. At least he won't be a virgin much longer once he arrives in prison.

I knew Anne. She was an amazing person & I can't believe this happened.
    Also a friend I met through my old work, her dad was one of the victims, although he hasn't been ID'd in the news yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    So this guy is an incel. Most men don't know that incels exist and most women have encountered them but just didn't know there was a name for them. I am disgusted that 10 innocent people are dead because this misogynist loser couldn't get laid. At least he won't be a virgin much longer once he arrives in prison.
    I've just discovered incels. They have a website at incels.me, and they're a pretty frightening bunch of people. They have threads on the site such as this one:

https://incels.me/threads/most-alek-...-female.38902/
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FamousLastWords View Post
    Also a friend I met through my old work, her dad was one of the victims, although he hasn't been ID'd in the news yet.
    I'm so sorry for your loss! She seemed so nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by FamousLastWords View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss. This is just beyond horrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Another victim ID'd - Renuka Amarasingha

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss! She seemed so nice
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss. This is just beyond horrifying.
    I appreciate it, she really was such a great person. I also just found out someone else I know is in critical condition from this.
    Crazy how I know so many people affected by this

Yeah, buddy. Your chances for getting a "Stacy" now went super duper up! What a catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Wow.

Like, not only did we always know these kinds of guys existed but they're unified and have military lingo. That's some scary shit right there.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Wow.

Like, not only did we always know these kinds of guys existed but they're unified and have military lingo. That's some scary shit right there.
    Wait....why is that? Did you think the military is turning them away?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    Just checked out the forum, and they're claiming "fake news."

https://incels.me/threads/aleak-wasn...unt-too.39038/
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Wow.

It's terrifying how delusional and out of touch with reality some of them are. Good examples http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/20...nd-mass-rapes/

Some of them are blaming women as a whole for what happened in Toronto, because if women would have had sex with him, he never would have done what he did ooooook

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    It's terrifying how delusional and out of touch with reality some of them are. Good examples http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/20...nd-mass-rapes/

Some of them are blaming women as a whole for what happened in Toronto, because if women would have had sex with him, he never would have done what he did ooooook
    How to not be an incel: Don't be a dick.

These assholes can't grasp that concept. What woman is going to want to have anything to do with a guy who's profile picture is of a guy kicking a woman inthe stomach? I saw that one on the forum. They have zero respect for women and they act like they're entitled to sex. Fuck them.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Do these people not know that sex workers exist?

Also: to nomad's point... sounds like voluntary celibacy to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

r/IncelTears exposes some of the incel culture and it is both funny and frightening.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...426-story.html

Update Elliot Roger is now at play again 4 years after the UC Santa Barbara attacks.

Thread Information