Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

ERIC MOHAT
    Mar 1990 - Mar 2007
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=41103134

His nickname was "Twiggy"

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2007/07/25/Eric_Mohat_(17)_committed_suicide_by_gunshot

Re: 1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead at own hand

Seems to be suicide - from his parents' note on his About Me:

As many of you know, Eric passed away on March 29, 2007. We (his family) have gained access to this account, will keep this page open, and continue to check into it, as it is theraputic for all those involved to be able to post and read how others are feeling (don't be afraid to use this page as a way to remember him).

Please know that we are here for any of you that are having any suicidal thoughts or if you yourself are bullied. Always remember that you can come and talk to us.
    RIP, Twiggy.
    Honey, I think a wizard froze the cat...<br />

deliberate_misuse

Definitely suicide.
    From a friend's blog:

Hey Guys...

I feel as if I owe most of you an apology. I feel I should also explain myself. My life has been twisting and turning upside down and all around over the past few months. [basically since march began] Ever since then I've been blowing up at my friends or just plain ignoring them. Im so sorry guys.

On March 29th a very special kid in my life took his life. I will never forget Eric. In fact, tho it has been just a lil over a month, Im still in quite a bit of shock. Im trying to do my own grieving process but Im not so sure its working. I miss you so much Eric. I want to bring myself to say more on this subject but I just cant bring myself to do so right now. I love you Eric. You are missed. I just wish I would have gotten to say &quot;goodbye.&quot; I wish I would have called and kept in touch. I wish I would have known. I wish I could have helped...

Because of Erics suicide I've decided to get involved in To Write Love On Her Arms. &quot;Love is the movement.&quot; I plan to be majorly involved in this program. But I will still be doing my work for helping Plain Jane Automobile &amp;&amp; Needtobreathe as well! Yeah, Im going to be busy.

:-(

http://www.xanga.com/rini003

His sister's Xanga.&nbsp; So sad :|

An entry by one of her friends:

Saturday, April 07, 2007
    Eric Mohat
    I've noticed that a lot of people have been searching &quot;Eric Mohat&quot; along with &quot;suicide&quot; and finding their way here.

It makes me sad.&nbsp; I wish I had more words to describe the situation.&nbsp; I'm so far removed from it, though.&nbsp; I haven't talked to Erin in a long time, and I never met Eric.&nbsp; All I know is that I always liked Erin, and had a great deal of respect for her.&nbsp; I couldn't imagine being in her place right now.&nbsp; I feel angry that immature and petty people drove somebody to do that.&nbsp; I don't know how those people must feel, knowing that their actions lead to somebody feeling THAT hopeless, THAT lost, THAT unappreciated and unloved...&nbsp; I feel sorry for those people.&nbsp; Well, part of me feels sorry, and another part feels like they don't even deserve pity.&nbsp; It's terrible.&nbsp; Very conflicting.

I really don't know what else to say.&nbsp; I feel terrible.&nbsp; It has been weighing on my mind for the past week, and I feel hopeless to do anything about it.

In any case, to all of my friends:
    I love you.&nbsp; I really do.&nbsp; If you ever feel like there isn't a hope in the world, call me.&nbsp; I'll do my best to prove to you that there is more than enough hope to go around.

http://www.xanga.com/HotMike?nextdat...mp;direction=n

Suicide by gunshot.

This is a really long blog about the whole situation, but it does say that he shot himself.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache...cd=4&amp;gl=us

A part from his sister:

It's so surreal.&nbsp; I just keep thinking he'll walk through the front door, bouncy as always, and say, &quot;Oh the wound wasn't that serious, they patched me up just fine.&quot;&nbsp; But I know better.&nbsp; The coroner has called and asked to use pieces of his heart to save three children's lives, and his corneas too.&nbsp; The police were there to tell me, yes he was dead.&nbsp; But I knew from the moment I found him.&nbsp; I didn't want to admit it because I was still hoping that just maybe my mind was playing tricks on me.... but that's not the case and I knew it the moment I saw all that blood and I saw part of his brain on that floor.&nbsp; I can't get it out of my head.&nbsp; The image of it all makes me sick but even with my eyes wide open I can see it.

Oh jeeze.&nbsp; That poor girl.&nbsp; She was the one to find him.&nbsp; I couldn't read her Xanga because I don't have an account.&nbsp; How old is she?&nbsp;
    I don&#039;t enter into mental warfare with morons.&nbsp; It&#039;s immoral and unethical.&nbsp; They have no ammunition.&nbsp; AIDA convention regulations, article VII, Paragraph XII&nbsp;&nbsp;

deliberate_misuse

I've been reading his myspace and those of his friends.&nbsp; Their comments are thoughtful, articulate and very touching.&nbsp; There's none of the usual, &quot;your in a better place now,&quot; or, &quot;your my gaurdian angel&quot; crap, and no glitter, either.&nbsp; After reading about so many senseless and stupid deaths (ghost riding, dusting, gangs), I feared that I may have become callous, but Eric's suicide brought tears to my eyes.&nbsp; I hope his friends and family can find some peace.

RIP Eric.

Another kid that seemed to be getting bullied and I suppose he couldn't take it anymore.

I really, really, really hate bullies.

[quote author=blunt.force.trauma link=topic=7440.msg368465#msg368465 date=1179596813]
    Oh jeeze.&nbsp; That poor girl.&nbsp; She was the one to find him.&nbsp; I couldn't read her Xanga because I don't have an account.&nbsp; How old is she?&nbsp;
    [/quote]

Here's his sister's myspace:
    &nbsp; http://www.myspace.com/hazyraven

It says that she's 21.

Her blogs are absolutely heartbreaking.&nbsp;

On another note though, it looks like we've got six more Mentor High School suicides to find..

The few I've found --

MARK J. SEKANIC - STEVENS

ZACHARY L. MUSIEK

Meredith Rezak

Maureen Preto (not sure if this is one of the suicides though)

He seemed to be a talented and overall smart kid. It's upsetting that he was bullied; he obviously had a lot going for him.

RIP Eric.

I am going to post this death and move it to article discussion soon but I found this while looking online for more info -

R.I.P. 3/29/07 Eric Mohat.
    Tiggy aka Eric I am sorry for what you had to go through with your dad and mother. How they treated you I am so sorry. I am sorry for your school people. I am sorry you have to leave like that. We love you forever. Forever in hearts you will be.

Moving this from additional info - here is a thread about his death being fake (which it isn't)

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=94&amp;t=20396077

His obit -

Eric P. &quot;Twiggy&quot; Mohat
    A Celebration of Life for Eric P. &quot;Twiggy&quot; Mohat, 17, of Mentor, will be 7 p.m. Monday at Mentor United Methodist Church, 8600 Mentor Ave., Mentor.
    Eric died Thursday, March 29, 2007.
    Born March 16, 1990, in East Cleveland, he lived in Euclid before moving to Mentor 12 years ago.
    Eric was an 11th grade student at Mentor High School, where he was in the College Prep. Program attending Lakeland Community College. Prior to high school, Eric attended Shore Junior High where he was a member of the Shore Line Singers for three years, and Orchard Hollow Elementary.
    Eric started playing piano at age four. He was studying with Tatiana Tolmacheva at Cleveland Music Settlement. Eric was a member of Mentor High School Top 25 for the past two years.
    Survivors are his parents, William D. and Janis A. (Yovich) Mohat of Mentor; sister, Erin Mohat of Mentor; grandparents, Theodore and Phyllis Mohat of South Euclid; aunt, Linda (Jonathan) Miller of Lakeline; uncle, Robert (Beverly) Mohat of Cincinnati; and great-aunt, Ann (Edward) Mikovich of Fort Myers, Fla.
    He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Nicholas F. and Ann M. Yovich and great-aunt and great-uncle, Marvel and Ralph Mohat.
    Friends may call 5 to 7 p.m. Monday at the church. Enurnment will be in Western Reserve Memorial Gardens in Chester Township.
    Contributions in Eric's memory can be made to Cleveland Music Settlement, 11125 Magnolia Dr., Cleveland, 44106.
    Arrangements entrusted to Brunner Funeral Home &amp; Cremation Service, Mentor.
    Online obituary at www.brunners.com.

i live about 20 minutes from mentor

it's a rich town where if you aren't pretty and rich you are bullied, their school went threw some money problems because people were basically stealing from the school.

i have quite a few friends who go there and say it's hell because of the people.
    it's a large school too where have of the student body does coke.

rip eric

Good on his sister.&nbsp; It seems like she is trying to do something about the kids that made his life hell.&nbsp; -

Her blog -

Almost 2 months have gone by.&nbsp; While a lot of people are continuing their lives, my family is still trying to pick up the pieces.&nbsp; We can't find meaning in life, nor can we find justice for Eric.

&quot;All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.&quot;
    -Edmund Burke

Eric's teacher lied to our private investigator.&nbsp; He said that Eric never told him he was being bothered by any other students.&nbsp; Eric told my parents otherwise.&nbsp; One evening he came home, saying something really great had happened. &quot;I'd been telling my teacher about this wigger in my class that was bothering me, for weeks.&nbsp; He couldn't do anything about it because he always said he never saw it happen.&nbsp; One morning though, he came in early and caught the kid.&nbsp; He really made a fool of him.&nbsp; It was great!&quot;

We never heard anything more about it from Eric, but what others have said is that the bullying actually got worse.&nbsp; And then he was gone.&nbsp; We want to fix things, but we cannot.&nbsp; The information we have is not valid in an argument&nbsp; because it is considered hearsay.&nbsp; It's not coming from Eric, or someone that witnessed it.

One kid that bullied Eric, has been bragging he told Eric to shoot himself... and this kid was never suspended for saying this.&nbsp; This is justice?&nbsp; The school system says we can't blame Eric's death on bullying at school, that it must have happened on Myspace... but it didn't [we can see in his account that the internet was his escape].&nbsp; This is justice?&nbsp; Every school district in Ohio, was supposed to have anti-bullying programs in effect March 2007, and Mentor doesn't, and they aren't being punished for this.&nbsp; They say they will have programs ready, sometime next year, but in the meantime, they blame everyone's parents for letting their kids use the internet.&nbsp; This is justice?&nbsp; The police won't call us back, and won't let us know anything they find [or &quot;accidentally overlook&quot;] concerning Eric.&nbsp; This is justice?

Too many fall silent.

We need anyone that heard Eric complain to his teacher about the bullies.
    We need anyone that heard Eric complain about the &quot;wiggers&quot; in his math class.
    We need your help.
    Message me with your name and number, so we can talk.

We can't go to the school board [or if we have to, take them to court] without actual witnesses.&nbsp; Without forcing the administration to admit to their mistakes, and forcing them to admit that they failed Meredith and Eric, we cannot force change.&nbsp; Things will remain the same in that school -volatile, dangerous, unwelcoming.&nbsp; This is Mentor, for god's sake, not East Cleveland -we should be able to expect more from our schools, police, and community, than what they are showing us now.&nbsp; Nothing will change in Mentor if people don't stand up and let their voices be heard together... so let's talk.&nbsp; Let's scream if we have to, because another student shouldn't have to experience what Meredith and Eric felt.&nbsp; School should be a safe place for each student, and in Mentor, it's not.&nbsp; Many of you have voiced a distaste for the policies there.&nbsp; Some of you say that you feel alienated by other students, abandoned by teachers, and like a statistic to the administration.&nbsp; Well, it's up to us!&nbsp; The good men and women out there, need to stand up and show evil that it's not welcome here.&nbsp; Let's talk, and let's change the world.

deliberate_misuse

[quote author=ashleesimpson link=topic=7440.msg472532#msg472532 date=1185427552]
    i live about 20 minutes from mentor

it's a rich town where if you aren't pretty and rich you are bullied, their school went threw some money problems because people were basically stealing from the school.

i have quite a few friends who go there and say it's hell because of the people.
    it's a large school too where have of the student body does coke.

rip eric
    [/quote]

Huh?

How much money could have been stolen so as to cause the school &quot;money problems?&quot;&nbsp; The PTA fund?

You say you have friends who go there and say &quot;it's hell because of the people.&quot;&nbsp; Hello?&nbsp; They, themselves, are people who go there!&nbsp; :?

What proof do you have that have [sic] of the student body does coke?&nbsp; Drugs are available anywhere and everywhere; it's up to the individual to Just Say No.

RIP Eric.

rest in peace brother. it's so true about the schools refusing to get involved. 2 girls in my old high school hung themselves in the gym because they were tormented for being gay. i remember reading shit about them and from them on the bathroom walls, a weird but illustrious battlefield. but in the end, they hung themselves with wire (!!!) in the gym because it was too much. i knew one of the girls. she was so sweet and cute. in the 80's she would be a &quot;pre goth&quot;. all black and blue lipstick, cropped hair but gorgeous to the bone. but she faced a shit storm everyday. i wondered why she (or both of them) never just dropped out. when they died, the admin blamed it on fucking drugs.&nbsp; but i knew better.

From his blog

01 Jan 2006

A new year...
    Current mood: depressed

Well, happy 2006, everyone.&nbsp; Of course, I don't really feel the same way.

It's 2006 and I haven't killed myself yet.
    I guess that's a good thing.&nbsp; However, that's not the point.&nbsp; I have to make resolutions now, and they're going to be ones I won't succeed in, I'll bet.

The one right off the bat and the one I know I'll succeed in is resolving to never change for anybody, not even if I truly loved them.&nbsp; They can't handle who I am, then screw them!

Time for one to break.&nbsp; I resolve to get a girlfriend and not fuck the relationship up.&nbsp; As I said, it'll be broken.&nbsp; Either I won't get a girlfriend, or it'll be the &quot;change&quot; issue again.

One I'm serious about.&nbsp; I resolve to make Herschman see the error of her ways and make her feel guilty for rejecting me and saying all that crap behind my back at P-T confrences.&nbsp; That fucking bitch...

Whatever.&nbsp; I'm done.
    RIP Ben - 15 years is so young to be taken away from us

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=7440.msg368474#msg368474 date=1179598229]
    I've been reading his myspace and those of his friends.&nbsp; Their comments are thoughtful, articulate and very touching.&nbsp; There's none of the usual, &quot;your in a better place now,&quot; or, &quot;your my gaurdian angel&quot; crap, and no glitter, either.&nbsp;

RIP Eric.
    [/quote]

I agree, it's not your average &quot;RIP, look over me&quot; stuff. &nbsp;I was actually impressed with the comments his friends left on his page. &nbsp;After reading Eric's page, it seems like he was a type of person that I would appreciate. &nbsp;Why did they make fun of him? &nbsp;Because he was articulate? &nbsp;Because he played a musical instrument? &nbsp;Because he wore glasses? &nbsp;From the looks of it, he had several friends that cared about him. &nbsp;This makes me sick. &nbsp;I hope all of his bullies get what's coming to them.

RIP Eric...

[quote author=deliberate_misuse link=topic=7440.msg472535#msg472535 date=1185427878]
    Huh?

How much money could have been stolen so as to cause the school &quot;money problems?&quot;&nbsp; The PTA fund?

You say you have friends who go there and say &quot;it's hell because of the people.&quot;&nbsp; Hello?&nbsp; They, themselves, are people who go there!&nbsp; &nbsp;:?

What proof do you have that have [sic] of the student body does coke?&nbsp; Drugs are available anywhere and everywhere; it's up to the individual to Just Say No.

RIP Eric.
    [/quote]

well they stole enough money not to have busing and cutting tons of teachers and sports.

my friends don't bully other kids.

yeah it is up to yourself to say no, but alot of them DO it.

asshole :]

I am Jan, Eric's mom.&nbsp; It has been almost a year since Eric left us, and it is no easier now then when I first found out.&nbsp; Not a day goes by that the family does not think of Eric.&nbsp; Not a day goes by that I don't have tears over what we have lost.

We will never know the Senior in high school or the college student.&nbsp; We will never see him grow into the fine young man we knew he would be.&nbsp; (He was a gentle soul and kind-hearted until he died by suicide.)&nbsp; We will never see him meet a young lady, fall in love, and begin his life.&nbsp; We will never see his children, nor see the wonderful father he could become.&nbsp; All this and more was taken away from us.

Eric was a victim of Bullicide.&nbsp; Bullicide is the suicide of an individual who was bullied, tormented, harassed by another individual.&nbsp; Why administrators accept bullying in the schools astounds me.&nbsp; Why these animals are allowed to continue with impunity is shocking.&nbsp; I refuse to call these bullies by anything other than animals, for that is exactly what they are.&nbsp;

On March 29 these animals told Eric, &quot;Why don't you go home and shoot yourself.&nbsp; It's not like anyone would care.&quot;&nbsp; After coming home from school, Eric did exactly what they put into his head.&nbsp; The bully laughed on March 30 and joked about having told Eric to do it, and he was glad.&nbsp; He also said that Eric deserved to die.&nbsp; Throughout the rest of the school year, the bullies showed no remorse, never once apologized to the family or any of Eric's friends.&nbsp;

My wish for the bullies is to have a miserable life.&nbsp; May it be full of strife, conflict, and misery.&nbsp; That is what the bullies bring into other people's lives and that is what they should get out of your life.

*Jan* my heart goes out to you and your family.&nbsp; What you and your daughter are doing to try and stop this from happening to another child out there is a very noble thing.&nbsp; I cannot, nor do i ever want to imagine what you must still be going through.&nbsp; I hope this kid that is bragging about being the one to cause this pays for this dearly in his life.&nbsp; Thank you for coming here and sharing.

RIP Eric

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Sorry for your loss Jan. It makes me sick to read about these bullying deaths.

The bullying has gotten to a level that's out of control. It's time for teachers to start clamping down on this stuff.

Like teachers don't know? They see this stuff, and know it's going on.
    It's always the same kids that are getting picked on.

It's time for the teachers to stop acting like prison guards who look the other way and just let the inmates fight it out among themselves,
    and start exerting a little authority and tell these kids that this is NOT how you treat each other then maybe these things could stop.

RIP Mr. Mohat. Sorry the authority in your school failed you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Wow, Jan. That kid is the epitome of sociopathic behavior. We have other stories here of bullycide.

Kristina Calco's mother has an interesting site you might want to read:

http://www.theshabbycastle.com/kristinacalco

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2008/01/25/Kristina_Calco_(15)_committed_suicide_by_hanging_a fter_being_constantly_bullied

I am so sorry about your son.

Thread Information