04/14/2018
    22 years
    White Female
    Broadway Care Center-16231 Broadway Ave. #120
    Oberlin
    Maple Heights Police Department

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...&fref=mentions

Heard it was from an overdose

She had heart problems. Not an over dose.

It was both. She just had open heart surgery like 9 10 months ago

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2020...h_cardiomegaly
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 08-09-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is another take on what happened:

She died in the nursing home. Her heart gave out. She had 3 heart surgeries after getting MRSA and they found her unresponsive at the nursing home she was in. Her body just couldn't handle it anymore I guess.

My Niece was my everything. From the time she was born ,two days after my birthday. What a great present she was. Such a beautiful happy free-spirited soul she was until the day she passed away. Haley loved everyone.

My niece used heroin for about 4 years before our family found out. And people who claimed they loved her lead her to this monster of a drug. At the age of 20 Haley got endocarditis which is an infection around her heart, infection in her lungs, infection throughout her body. We almost lost her the doctors were able to do open-heart surgery on her and fix the problem. It was a long road for Haley, and the recovery of the open heart surgery. After she was clear of the infection she was put into a rehab and sober living home just turning 21 she was doing good in the sober house. Until the infection came back which caused her to have to have another open heart surgery this time the infection was so bad it destroyed both of her heart valves so she had to get artificial heart valve put in to save her life this time. The day after Christmas was when her second surgery was. She was responding to the anabiotic’s the surgery went well as we were told. But when she got back to rehab and then found out infection came back once again she was back in the hospital and tons of anabiotic‘s Hospital discharged her to a nursing home. And when her antibiotics were up she was supposed to go back to sober living, but she ended up staying at the nursing home because the sober house wasn’t available for her at the time so instead of her being in the streets around the drugs she chose to stay in the nursing home. Everything was looking good for Haley 22 years old and a full life ahead of her until her so-called friends bring her drugs into the nursing home. And on April 14, 2018 I lost my niece to her addiction and it breaks my heart every day. So I’m here to honor Haley and stand up for her and anyone else who can’t or don’t have a voice in this anymore. I walk for Haley.

https://www.shatterproof.org/stories...ey-haleystribe

Sad. :(
    Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeListener View Post
    My Niece was my everything. From the time she was born ,two days after my birthday. What a great present she was. Such a beautiful happy free-spirited soul she was until the day she passed away. Haley loved everyone.

My niece used heroin for about 4 years before our family found out. And people who claimed they loved her lead her to this monster of a drug. At the age of 20 Haley got endocarditis which is an infection around her heart, infection in her lungs, infection throughout her body. We almost lost her the doctors were able to do open-heart surgery on her and fix the problem. It was a long road for Haley, and the recovery of the open heart surgery. After she was clear of the infection she was put into a rehab and sober living home just turning 21 she was doing good in the sober house. Until the infection came back which caused her to have to have another open heart surgery this time the infection was so bad it destroyed both of her heart valves so she had to get artificial heart valve put in to save her life this time. The day after Christmas was when her second surgery was. She was responding to the anabiotic’s the surgery went well as we were told. But when she got back to rehab and then found out infection came back once again she was back in the hospital and tons of anabiotic‘s Hospital discharged her to a nursing home. And when her antibiotics were up she was supposed to go back to sober living, but she ended up staying at the nursing home because the sober house wasn’t available for her at the time so instead of her being in the streets around the drugs she chose to stay in the nursing home. Everything was looking good for Haley 22 years old and a full life ahead of her until her so-called friends bring her drugs into the nursing home. And on April 14, 2018 I lost my niece to her addiction and it breaks my heart every day. So I’m here to honor Haley and stand up for her and anyone else who can’t or don’t have a voice in this anymore. I walk for Haley.

https://www.shatterproof.org/stories...ey-haleystribe
    That is so sad. I'm sorry for your loss. ~hugs

Not my loss..I copied from the website tagged at the end...the quotes weren't working for me..sorry for the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeListener View Post
    Not my loss..I copied from the website tagged at the end...the quotes weren't working for me..sorry for the confusion
    Did you use the icon on the very end of the toolbar? Sometimes it doesn't work for me either.

Anyways, welcome the forum

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Valvular heart disease with cardiomegaly.
    Natural

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Valvular heart disease with cardiomegaly.
    Natural
    These repeated stories are so sad. If I may be blunt, I wish more people would understand this is what these drugs do to your body. Valvular heart disease, cardiomegaly, endocarditis, multi system/organ infection...all caused by the chronic drug abuse. It didn't have to happen. Cocaine, alcohol, heroin, fentanyl are monsters to mess with and ticking timebombs. I used to try to educate on the job in the streets, in jail, to military and LE colleages...they were so shocked, and it shocked me as much to see how ignorant people are. One day, I'd like to partner with loved ones like the one here who is being honest about his beloved niece, to share some horror stories at the schools and jails, along with the medical autopsy discoveries. Scared straight. And kind of like the drunk driving tactics with the wrecked cars from real fatal crashes hauled to school parking lots on display. I know it doesn't always work for everyone , but I'd give it the old college try. And it gives my soul some momentary rest in a small effort because this shit and seeing so much death is nothing short of soul shaking to see the overwhelming numbers of unnecessary dead young bodies, surely it would be worthy and have an effect on saving just 1 or 2 kids and their chance at a future. Maybe? I can only hope.
    RIP young Haley

Haley was my niece. She did use heroin but I seen this thread on her randomly and decided to comment. She did not OD it was endocarditis. She passed in her sleep at a nursing home few months after her 3rd heart surgery. She was on heavy antibiotics and that's why she was there. The antibiotics never helped. When she had the first surgery she had a mass of infection on her heart. Doctors scraped the infection off but in the process released it into her body. The second surgery was to replace her damaged valves. 3rd surgery was become the infection never went away and drs were convinced she was still using and at first were refusing to treat her. Didnt know they were allowed to do that but another dr figured out the infection never went away and it wasnt anything haley did as she was in treatment was doing good then suddenly didnt feel good..
    Her autopsy results came back negative for drugs. She talked of dreams of going back to school and becoming a lawyer. She was doing so good and her passing was unexpected. She was a beautiful girl inside and out. We are still heart broken

Thread Information