Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 89

Thread: Two black men were arrested waiting at a Starbucks. Now the company, police are on the defensive.

  1. #26
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I don't care if the police commish was green, black people can be racist.



    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    1. They followed orders. They explained that they were meeting someone. They even offered to leave. The police chose to arrest them. In fact, the person that they were meeting showed up while they were being arrested and asked if they could just leave and the police refused to let them just leave.
    2. The manager is a bitch. Someone was there asking her about the incident in this article (https://thegrio.com/2018/04/16/phila...-of-the-story/) and even then a Black girl was being questioned, while non Blacks weren't. Yes, I understand loitering laws. I've lived in cities. You can tell the difference between someone who is loitering and someone who is waiting for a party and intending to become a customer. Most people who loiter are usually homeless. All black people want is to be treated fairly. If you're going to enforce loitering laws, enforce them against everyone, not just black men. I guess that some white people had to be there to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  2. #27
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,918
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    It's a fucking shame that in 2018 I'm repeating a slave line asking for my people to be treated fairly. We are regressing as a world. ��������
    Only with some people. Although ONE person is too many. We're trying to change that. You guys have so much more patience than I have
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  3. #28
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,918
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Double post but I don't care:

    I'm the first person that will point out when racism is being used as an empty excuse. You can ask Queena herself that I DON'T let the "racist card" be used in instances where it isn't warranted. We had an EPIC argument that involved Sonic on here years ago over this same subject.

    In this instance, it's perfectly clear that they were treated differently not because they didn't order anything, not because they were being disruptive but BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK. By BOTH the Manager AND the Police and it's disgusting.

    I have personally gone in to many a Starbucks without purchasing a God damned thing and given the code to use the bathroom. I've PERSONALLY WITNESSED homeless try the same and be denied. They're absolutely decisive on WHO is allowed to do that. That's not "policy", it's a fucking FACT.

    So stop with the crap. We all know what happened here and it needs to be addressed.

    If you deny anything different, then you're an ignorant dick that obviously never had the misfortune of being singled out for something that you had zero control over.

    Don't be that person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  4. #29
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    You guys are being unnecessary harsh with me. I stated my opinion, I asked honest questions that went unanswered, and I said I was willing to have my mind changed. Instead of discussion, I was met with "you're wrong and a dick and I've loitered before and obviously you've never been met with adversity!"

    It's clear differing opinions are not welcome when it comes to race issues. I accept that and I'll leave you all to it.

  5. #30
    Save Bandit! Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,332
    Rep Power
    21474853
    One thing I'm confused about...did the manager ask them to leave, and they refused? Is that why she called the police?

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  6. #31
    So very tired raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,584
    Rep Power
    21474855
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/star...ation-day.html

    Starbucks to close all company-owned stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias education day

    "I've spent the last few days in Philadelphia with my leadership team listening to the community, learning what we did wrong and the steps we need to take to fix it," Kevin Johnson, CEO of Starbucks, said in a statement Tuesday. "While this is not limited to Starbucks, we're committed to being a part of the solution. Closing our stores for racial bias training is just one step in a journey that requires dedication from every level of our company and partnerships in our local communities."

    Some 8,000 of the company's U.S.-based locations will participate so that nearly 175,000 employees attend the training program that will address implicit bias, promote inclusion and help prevent discrimination.

    "We will learn from our mistakes and reaffirm our commitment to creating a safe and welcoming environment for every customer," Howard Schultz, executive chairman for the brand, said in a statement.

  7. #32
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    One thing I'm confused about...did the manager ask them to leave, and they refused? Is that why she called the police?
    All the articles I've read say they asked to use the restroom, she said the restroom was for paying customers only and they had to buy something. They sat down and refused to buy something. They refused to leave. I'm not sure when they said they were waiting for someone but I'd be nervous too if two men refused to leave a caf? after I asked them to repeatedly.

    I can't understand why no one else can see that the manager called the police because they refused to buy something or leave, not because they were black. And I wonder what I am missing.

  8. #33
    So very tired raisedbywolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    12,584
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    All the articles I've read say they asked to use the restroom, she said the restroom was for paying customers only and they had to buy something. They sat down and refused to buy something. They refused to leave. I'm not sure when they said they were waiting for someone but I'd be nervous too if two men refused to leave a caf? after I asked them to repeatedly.

    I can't understand why no one else can see that the manager called the police because they refused to buy something or leave, not because they were black. And I wonder what I am missing.
    They did not just sit down and refuse to buy anything. When they were refused the bathroom and asked to leave, they told the manager that they were waiting for their friend (who showed up shortly after everything happened) and sat down to wait for him and then order. There is nothing wrong with that. I've worked in customer service many years of my life. People bring in food from outside, people loiter, people are rude, people come in and wait for others in their party before they order....it happens all the time and in today's age of everyone hanging out in lobbys/shops/restaurants/etc, you don't throw them out for that, and you certainly don't have them arrested for it.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/peterho.../#40fc95c442f1

    Here are the facts very briefly, in the unlikely event that you haven’t seen the story. Two African-American men were sitting at a table at the Philadelphia location. Starbucks employees asked the men to leave when they saw that they had not yet made a purchase. The men refused to leave, explaining that they were waiting for friends to arrive. The Starbucks employees then called the police, who took the men out in handcuffs.

  9. #34
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Double post but I don't care:

    I'm the first person that will point out when racism is being used as an empty excuse. You can ask Queena herself that I DON'T let the "racist card" be used in instances where it isn't warranted. We had an EPIC argument that involved Sonic on here years ago over this same subject.

    In this instance, it's perfectly clear that they were treated differently not because they didn't order anything, not because they were being disruptive but BECAUSE THEY WERE BLACK. By BOTH the Manager AND the Police and it's disgusting.

    I have personally gone in to many a Starbucks without purchasing a God damned thing and given the code to use the bathroom. I've PERSONALLY WITNESSED homeless try the same and be denied. They're absolutely decisive on WHO is allowed to do that. That's not "policy", it's a fucking FACT.

    So stop with the crap. We all know what happened here and it needs to be addressed.

    If you deny anything different, then you're an ignorant dick that obviously never had the misfortune of being singled out for something that you had zero control over.

    Don't be that person.


    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    You guys are being unnecessary harsh with me. I stated my opinion, I asked honest questions that went unanswered, and I said I was willing to have my mind changed. Instead of discussion, I was met with "you're wrong and a dick and I've loitered before and obviously you've never been met with adversity!"

    It's clear differing opinions are not welcome when it comes to race issues. I accept that and I'll leave you all to it.
    Finally you get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  10. #35
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    All the articles I've read say they asked to use the restroom, she said the restroom was for paying customers only and they had to buy something. They sat down and refused to buy something. They refused to leave. I'm not sure when they said they were waiting for someone but I'd be nervous too if two men refused to leave a caf? after I asked them to repeatedly.

    I can't understand why no one else can see that the manager called the police because they refused to buy something or leave, not because they were black. And I wonder what I am missing.
    No one is really going to engage you because (well, I guess I can only speak for myself) you obviously get your news from right-leaning opinion pieces.

    https://townhall.com/columnists/rach...bucks-n2471316

    The Left Loses It Over Two Black Men Arrested in Starbucks

    Lately it’s become amusing to watch the left hold itself up to impossible, ridiculous standards. This time they are calling for a boycott of Starbucks over the arrest of two young black men who were hanging out in the coffee shop without ordering anything. They were reportedly waiting for a friend to show up for a meeting. When police asked them to leave, they refused, so the police arrested them. Philadelphia Police Commissioner Richard Ross, who is black, defended his officers, saying the pair were asked three times by police to leave.

    The left claims that the two black men were racially profiled and that is the real reason they were arrested. However, one of the police officers who helped arrest the pair is black — but don’t expect to read that anywhere. An observer caught the arrest on camera and it soon went viral. The hashtag #BoycottStarbucks was started. Activists are calling for sit-ins at Starbucks without ordering anything in order to make a statement, daring employees to call the police on them.

    At worst, there was an employee who decided to call the police because the two men were black. If so, that employee, who was the manager, should be disciplined. But to blame the entire chain on the actions of what may have been a rogue employee? The coffee shop where the incident took place is located in Philadelphia. What are its policies on loitering, and have employees called the police on whites loitering before? It may have been a regular practice that had nothing to do with race but crime in the area. Were the men acting suspiciously? Did the manager recognize them? Without knowing more details, it’s too soon to conclude it was the result of racism.

    Starbucks is owned and managed by people on the left. The company goes out of its way to promote diversity. No one really believes Starbucks is a racist company. Tarnishing Starbucks’ reputation and business chainwide over the actions of one possible rogue employee is overkill and a punishment that doesn’t fit the offense. Starbucks CEO Kevin Johnson apologized to the two men and said the store manager never intended for them to be arrested.

    But this is becoming a common occurrence on the left, to turn on itself over impossible standards. It is currently doing the same thing with the #MeToo movement. Starbucks has 238,000 employees. To ensure that not even one of them ever does something wrong in regards to race, sex, etc. is unrealistic. Yet the left has now become convinced that anything other than these impossible standards is racist. One critic tweeted, “It may be 2018, but it seems we still need a strong civil rights movement now more than ever.” Another compared it to “the lunch counter battle of the 1960s all over again.” Racism has been eradicated more than ever in the U.S., but you’d never know it from the progressives trying to blow up any incident, no matter how small or mistaken.


    In San Luis Obispo, activists made a scene last week out of a racial incident. Minority students boycotted Cal Poly’s annual Open House to protest a fraternity member who wore blackface. Twenty years ago, no one would have thought twice about someone painting their face black. Now, one rogue person who engages in the behavior results in tarnishing an entire institution. The university was not responsible for the student’s actions, nor would it have approved of them. An article about the incident drastically asked, “Is Cal Poly Safe for Minorities?” The fraternity member apologized, saying “[M]y ill-informed decision to paint my face black had nothing whatsoever to do with racism or discrimination.” Cal Poly has over 20,000 students. It cannot possibly police the actions of every student when it comes to political correctness.

    The left claims that the right is full of fascists dictating how people should live their lives, but this is proof it’s the left that is taking their viewpoints to an oppressive level. When the left won’t even let itself operate normally, you know the situation has gotten out of control.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  11. #36
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    Please allow me to clarify, as I am misunderstood here and some incorrect assumptions are being thrown my way.

    I do not get my news from right-leaning news sources. I'm left-leaning (I guess, I'm a little too lazy for politics but always vote democrat).

    I live in a city where it is okay to loiter in the suburbs but within the city limits, you better buy something or get out. When I worked for BP Gasoline in the 90s, it was 'company policy' that no one could use the employee-only restroom. As I did my round of stores in the management training program, I noticed that the rule was relaxed in the suburbs and strictly enforced in the city. This is where I draw my experience from. In the city of Dayton, loitering is bad news. I didn't make the rules but I did have to enforce them no matter how genuine/legit the person seemed. Dayton is still a very segregated city but this rule held fast whether I worked on the East Side (mostly white) or the West Side (mostly black). I would never dream of hanging around a store in Dayton without buying something. And if someone told me to buy something or get out, I would do one or the other. This is where my opinion forms on the matter, through my own experience.

    I'm aware of racial profiling. I grew up in extreme poverty (Dayton is a 'food-desert' and poor as fuck) and have not been afforded many privileges in life. Maybe it seems like I'm a white republican conservative simply because I side with the manager of the establishment but that is my initial view of the matter. I break it down to a simple "People were asked to buy something or leave. They refused. That's an act of defiance. Defiance is bad in an establishment when you are trying to take care of all the customers."

    So, my question, my point, is what are the facts? Why were they defiant? What did they have to gain by refusing the manager's request? Instead of tearing me down, why not engage in discussion to enlighten me?

    I'm a skeptic, I need the facts. I want a discussion on whether this was a race issue (gimme proof!) or whether it was a defiant act by rude customers (again, gimme proof!) Because I have seen no proof of either but my my personal experience tells me they were defiant.

    I said I was willing to have my view changed. In that vein, I can see how people are upset and assuming they were kicked out because they were black. But what made you come to this conclusion? I have yet to see evidence that they were completely innocent in this mess.

    Ron, thanks for the article. RBW, thanks for the response that didn't attack me personally. Queena and Boston, thanks for being passionate about this matter.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  12. #37
    Save Bandit! Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,332
    Rep Power
    21474853
    This is straight up racism: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...g_2_men_o.html

    They weren't "loitering" and were paying members. There is no way to justify this.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  13. #38
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    This is straight up racism: http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...g_2_men_o.html

    They weren't "loitering" and were paying members. There is no way to justify this.
    Angie, this link led me to a story about two dudes getting arrested at an LA Fitness store in New Jersey. I scrolled down but didn't see a relevant article? Or are you pointing out the differences between that situation and the one in Starbucks?
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  14. #39
    Senior Member Bewitchingstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Posts
    6,821
    Rep Power
    21474847
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    Please allow me to clarify, as I am misunderstood here and some incorrect assumptions are being thrown my way.

    I do not get my news from right-leaning news sources. I'm left-leaning (I guess, I'm a little too lazy for politics but always vote democrat).

    I live in a city where it is okay to loiter in the suburbs but within the city limits, you better buy something or get out. When I worked for BP Gasoline in the 90s, it was 'company policy' that no one could use the employee-only restroom. As I did my round of stores in the management training program, I noticed that the rule was relaxed in the suburbs and strictly enforced in the city. This is where I draw my experience from. In the city of Dayton, loitering is bad news. I didn't make the rules but I did have to enforce them no matter how genuine/legit the person seemed. Dayton is still a very segregated city but this rule held fast whether I worked on the East Side (mostly white) or the West Side (mostly black). I would never dream of hanging around a store in Dayton without buying something. And if someone told me to buy something or get out, I would do one or the other. This is where my opinion forms on the matter, through my own experience.

    I'm aware of racial profiling. I grew up in extreme poverty (Dayton is a 'food-desert' and poor as fuck) and have not been afforded many privileges in life. Maybe it seems like I'm a white republican conservative simply because I side with the manager of the establishment but that is my initial view of the matter. I break it down to a simple "People were asked to buy something or leave. They refused. That's an act of defiance. Defiance is bad in an establishment when you are trying to take care of all the customers."

    So, my question, my point, is what are the facts? Why were they defiant? What did they have to gain by refusing the manager's request? Instead of tearing me down, why not engage in discussion to enlighten me?

    I'm a skeptic, I need the facts. I want a discussion on whether this was a race issue (gimme proof!) or whether it was a defiant act by rude customers (again, gimme proof!) Because I have seen no proof of either but my my personal experience tells me they were defiant.

    I said I was willing to have my view changed. In that vein, I can see how people are upset and assuming they were kicked out because they were black. But what made you come to this conclusion? I have yet to see evidence that they were completely innocent in this mess.

    Ron, thanks for the article. RBW, thanks for the response that didn't attack me personally. Queena and Boston, thanks for being passionate about this matter.
    After looking at the video, listening/reading what witnesses had to say, in my opinion it was clearly discrimination against the two African American men.

    This is something occurring time and time again in our country so it does evoke a great deal of anger and passion among many of us. I do not think anyone intended to tear you down and hope you continue to ask questions and share your opinions.

  15. #40
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    After looking at the video, listening/reading what witnesses had to say, in my opinion it was clearly discrimination against the two African American men.

    This is something occurring time and time again in our country so it does evoke a great deal of anger and passion among many of us. I do not think anyone intended to tear you down and hope you continue to ask questions and share your opinions.
    Thank you, Bewitching. I should have made it more clear that I DO understand it is such a hot-button issue. And maybe if everyone knew I was a real person asking genuine questions, this conversation would have fared better. I look forward to future discussions (even if they tear me down!) I sincerely desire answers and thank you all for providing them.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  16. #41
    Save Bandit! Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,332
    Rep Power
    21474853
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    Angie, this link led me to a story about two dudes getting arrested at an LA Fitness store in New Jersey. I scrolled down but didn't see a relevant article? Or are you pointing out the differences between that situation and the one in Starbucks?
    It is a different story. Sorry to confuse. Carry on...

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  17. #42
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    It is a different story. Sorry to confuse. Carry on...
    I confuse easily. no big whoop.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  18. #43
    Senior Member animosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    17,559
    Rep Power
    21474861
    I was writing a big long thing, but I think it's already been said so I'm just going to add my vote for: obviously super racist and if you don't understand this, you are working with some serious biases that should be check out.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

  19. #44
    Senior Member Non_Saepe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    9650957
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I was writing a big long thing, but I think it's already been said so I'm just going to add my vote for: obviously super racist and if you don't understand this, you are working with some serious biases that should be check out.
    It's sad that you can't be bothered to explain. If people don't agree with me I do not assume the worst things about that person. (oh you have a differing opinion? You must be a racist who voted for Trump!) Seriously, how can some of you be so stubborn? If more people were open to discussion, the world maybe wouldn't be such a shitty place full of US vs. THEM.

    It's hard to take anyone serious who just name calls and blurts "BECAUSE I SAID SO" when questions are raised. Reminds me of the president. I'm sure this does not bother anyone in the slightest that I think that.

    But look, I get it. I'm noob. I'm just letters on a screen and not a real-life, thoughtful person. It's easier to take a jab at me if I remain anonymous to you and I can tell there isn't much desire to hear me out.

    Thanks to those who were nice to me and engaged in discussion. I may not be the smartest person in the world but I know to not stay where I'm not wanted. I'll return to lurker-status.
    Sarcastic. Skeptic Tank. Self-deprecating.

  20. #45
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,918
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Non_Saepe View Post
    It's sad that you can't be bothered to explain. If people don't agree with me I do not assume the worst things about that person. (oh you have a differing opinion? You must be a racist who voted for Trump!) Seriously, how can some of you be so stubborn? If more people were open to discussion, the world maybe wouldn't be such a shitty place full of US vs. THEM.

    It's hard to take anyone serious who just name calls and blurts "BECAUSE I SAID SO" when questions are raised. Reminds me of the president. I'm sure this does not bother anyone in the slightest that I think that.

    But look, I get it. I'm noob. I'm just letters on a screen and not a real-life, thoughtful person. It's easier to take a jab at me if I remain anonymous to you and I can tell there isn't much desire to hear me out.

    Thanks to those who were nice to me and engaged in discussion. I may not be the smartest person in the world but I know to not stay where I'm not wanted. I'll return to lurker-status.
    I think the reason people are not understanding how you're not seeing it for what it is is because given numerous examples pointing to the fact that it's obviously a case of racism, you refuse to believe that it actually could be. This is despite examples of racism even after this incident and eye witnesses present at the location claiming that it was beyond a doubt a case of the manager being biased. I guess you know more than they do.

    Find an example of someone White that was not only singled out by a Starbucks employee, but had the cops called on them and then detained for 8 hours and then we'll have something to discuss. Until then, you seem to be insisting on turning this incident in to a non issue which is easy for someone who is not a POC to do.

    P.S. Homeless White people don't count because they're treated differently too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  21. #46
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,918
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Previous posts that are totally not racist made by the Manager that called the police on the men:

    https://newsone.com/3794036/white-wo...ial-profiling/

    But she's not biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  22. #47
    Senior Member puke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Wheaton, IL
    Posts
    2,800
    Rep Power
    21474851
    Starbucks is overpriced crap coffee anyways, I'll continue to use my McApp where every 5th I buy i get my choice of a free McCafe. Edit: Starbuck's Chai tea lattes are good but that's it.
    Last edited by puke; 04-19-2018 at 08:14 PM.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us.

  23. #48
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,918
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Starbucks is overpriced crap coffee anyways, I'll continue to use my McApp where every 5th I buy i get my choice of a free McCafe. Edit: Starbuck's Chai tea lattes are good but that's it.
    I've honestly never liked them. I'm a Dunkins girl and even when Dunkins wasn't out west, I would get my coffee either from home or 7-11. I get gift cards from my clients all of the time and I just give them to homeless people. I've never understood why they're so popular. You pay an arm and a leg for a drink you can barely pronounce that pretty much tastes the same as any number of flavored mini moos that can be added to regular coffee.

    I DID do the Unicorn Frappe thingie they had just because it was a novelty though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

  24. #49
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474952
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I think the reason people are not understanding how you're not seeing it for what it is is because given numerous examples pointing to the fact that it's obviously a case of racism, you refuse to believe that it actually could be. This is despite examples of racism even after this incident and eye witnesses present at the location claiming that it was beyond a doubt a case of the manager being biased. I guess you know more than they do.

    Find an example of someone White that was not only singled out by a Starbucks employee, but had the cops called on them and then detained for 8 hours and then we'll have something to discuss. Until then, you seem to be insisting on turning this incident in to a non issue which is easy for someone who is not a POC to do.

    P.S. Homeless White people don't count because they're treated differently too.
    Not just that, but I think she's actually said they "must have done more" and that's the attitude I just can't get. Yay, victim blaming!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  25. #50
    Senior Member Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    16,918
    Rep Power
    21474859
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Not just that, but I think she's actually said they "must have done more" and that's the attitude I just can't get. Yay, victim blaming!
    Well, that's another issue. Yes, assholes come in every color, Creed and religion. But to jump to the conclusion that somehow THEY did something wrong rather than trusting the people that were there that this was a bullshit incident brought on by some manager that has a beef with customers that are anything but White is not cool at all.

    I hate to say this, but most of the time POC know better than to cause any kind of scene because they are well aware that they'll end up on the shit end of that stick. Unlike the tremendous amounts of crazy White people I've seen push the envelope HORRENDOUSLY just because they can and get away with it.

    Safe to say that I'm going to trust that they weren't being belligerent assholes like some people are trying to say because of pure FEAR of what that kind of thing brings. It's seriously tragic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •