Thread: California teacher accidently shoots student.

California teacher accidently shoots student.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-protests.html

A California teacher who was a reserve officer for the local police department and trained in firearms accidentally fired a loaded gun in his classroom on Tuesday.

The teacher, who worked as a math teacher at Seaside High School in Monterey County, appeared to have been “providing instruction related to public safety” for another class he taught called administration of justice, according to a police statement.

Instead, the teacher fired the gun into the ceiling, and some kind of “debris or fragmentation” struck a 17-year-old student in the neck, police told the Monterey County Weekly. The student’s father told KSBW 8 that the student returned home from school with bullet fragments in his neck.

The Sand City police chief said the teacher had been a reserve officer for 11 years and that he was “positive and professional.” The officer told the Monterey County Weekly that the teacher had his last gun safety training less than a year ago.
    Last edited by Angiebla; 03-14-2018 at 10:38 AM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ok after further research it seems as if the teacher shot the ceiling, not a student. The best part is this teacher is supposed to be a "gun safety" trainer. Good thing no one was severely hurt.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Ok after further research it seems as if the teacher shot the ceiling, not a student. The best part is this teacher is supposed to be a "gun safety" trainer. Good thing no one was severely hurt.
    I also read that school continued like normal. AND the kid who was hurt, his parents were never notified and didn't find out until their child came home with blood on him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I smell a lawsuit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I also read that school continued like normal. AND the kid who was hurt, his parents were never notified and didn't find out until their child came home with blood on him.
    Yep. I cannot believe they responded this way to a shooting incident in a fucking classroom? WTF were they thinking??

https://www.9news.com.au/world/2018/...n-safety-class

Gonzales said no officials contacted parents to let them know what happened and that he was shocked when his son returned home with blood on his shirt and bullet fragments in his neck. He rushed his son to a hospital for X-rays.

"I'm just pretty upset that no one told us anything and we had to call the police ourselves to report it," Gonzales said.

It's so fucked up that with so many school shootings & incidents of weapons on school grounds, this school's disgusting failure to act is going to get barely any attention. No kids were killed this time & there are so many being murdered that people barely have time to give proper attention to the dead & seriously injured.

It's fucking insanity.

Thread Information