Thread: Do you think I can win?

Question Do you think I can win?

I got a speeding ticket for 64 in a 55.
    Under the description of the speeder it says, I was born in 1995 (I was born in 1985), I'm 6'4 (I'm 5'6), I have black hair (I have brown hair), my eyes are brown (my eyes are hazel).
    Do you think if I call the magistrate's office that they'll throw the ticket out? I live about an hour and a half from where I was pulled over.
    The fine is $76.50 and I'd get 2 points on my license. This was in another state so I don't know if points transfer. I was going to originally just pay it until I saw all those errors. I don't mind driving to court if I have to, but I'd rather not since SC blows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    I got a speeding ticket for 64 in a 55.
    Under the description of the speeder it says, I was born in 1995 (I was born in 1985), I'm 6'4 (I'm 5'6), I have black hair (I have brown hair), my eyes are brown (my eyes are hazel).
    Do you think if I call the magistrate's office that they'll throw the ticket out? I live about an hour and a half from where I was pulled over.
    The fine is $76.50 and I'd get 2 points on my license. This was in another state so I don't know if points transfer. I was going to originally just pay it until I saw all those errors. I don't mind driving to court if I have to, but I'd rather not since SC blows!
    Were you the one speeding? Or did someone else and they're using your ID?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I don't know, but my first ticket was in Kentucky when I was living in Michigan but we were driving to GA. It was for like 90 in a 65, or 75? I can't remember, I was 16, I only had my license for a couple months. I didn't pay it. I just felt like sharing this story with you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    I don't know, but my first ticket was in Kentucky when I was living in Michigan but we were driving to GA. It was for like 90 in a 65, or 75? I can't remember, I was 16, I only had my license for a couple months. I didn't pay it. I just felt like sharing this story with you lol

Haha, I got my one and only ticket while doing 93 in a 55 zone in the desert of California when I was a teen. I was actually doing closer to 100, but they wrote it for 93 because they said they would have to take me jail otherwise. I sent in a payment, and it got lost in the mail, and when I called to follow up I found out they had issued a warrant. They didn't receive my payment, and I never received the delinquent notice they had sent before the warrant was issued.

I paid the ticket and they dismissed the warrant, but later I had a national background check done for a job and the ticket/warrant did not show up as ever existing.

Back on topic, I wouldn't advise just ignoring the ticket CuriousCat, but if you fight it I think you have a decent chance of getting it dismissed. Is there any way of doing that from long distance, or would it be worth it to you to pay a local lawyer to fight it for you?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I don't think it hurts to try to get it thrown out given all the obvious inconsistencies.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Haha, I got my one and only ticket while doing 93 in a 55 zone in the desert of California when I was a teen. I was actually doing closer to 100, but they wrote it for 93 because they said they would have to take me jail otherwise. I sent in a payment, and it got lost in the mail, and when I called to follow up I found out they had issued a warrant. They didn't receive my payment, and I never received the delinquent notice they had sent before the warrant was issued.

I paid the ticket and they dismissed the warrant, but later I had a national background check done for a job and the ticket/warrant did not show up as ever existing.

Back on topic, I wouldn't advise just ignoring the ticket CuriousCat, but if you fight it I think you have a decent chance of getting it dismissed. Is there any way of doing that from long distance, or would it be worth it to you to pay a local lawyer to fight it for you?
    My last ticket (like 15 years ago... OMG I'm getting old) was reduced to 93 in a 55 also. Same reason, he didn't want to take me to jail. I was actually racing my ex home (from myrtle beach, SC to NC) and I flew over a hill and saw the cop sitting there. I knew I was busted so I pulled over and stopped before he even turned his lights on
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Were you the one speeding? Or did someone else and they're using your ID?
    I was the one speeding. I was actually doing 71 in a 55. I thought the speed limit was 60. Luckily, he didn't catch me when I was doing 90. South Carolina drivers suck!!! They do 10 under in the left lane which causes me to weave in and out and speed.

I'm not going to ignore it. I'm calling the court on Monday to see if it'll be dismissed, because of all the errors. If they tell me I don't have a chance of winning then I'll pay it so I don't have to drive back up to stupid South Carolina, because I'll probably get another ticket for running one of them idiots off the road!
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nclexusgirl View Post
    My last ticket (like 15 years ago... OMG I'm getting old) was reduced to 93 in a 55 also. Same reason, he didn't want to take me to jail. I was actually racing my ex home (from myrtle beach, SC to NC) and I flew over a hill and saw the cop sitting there. I knew I was busted so I pulled over and stopped before he even turned his lights on
    That is EXACTLY how my ticket scenario went down. I had already passed two troopers a couple of miles before, so I thought there was no way another one would be waiting just five minutes down the road. I was on vacation and just wanted to get to Nevada to my hotel.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    That is EXACTLY how my ticket scenario went down. I had already passed two troopers a couple of miles before, so I thought there was no way another one would be waiting just five minutes down the road. I was on vacation and just wanted to get to Nevada to my hotel.
    SAME! I was traveling through Colorado running late for a wedding and he reduced me to 96 MPH because he didn't want to take me to jail. It's the only time I've ever gone that fast. In my defense,
    the speed limit was 75 in that area.

Same, went over the hill and saw him, knew I was busted so pulled over before the lights even went on
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

I thought this thread was about "The Voice".

Bowing out now.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Suck it up and pay the fine; you admitted you were speeding. Own your responsibility or, be like 90% of this country and blame your problems on someone else...

I've got a recent situation... had two registration tickets I received ten years ago right before my car was totaled. I failed to pay them (completely forgot because I went car free for the next several years). In 2012, I found out my license was suspended for failure to pay/appear. The fees were outlandish - thousands of dollars! So I went to court and managed to do part community service and part fee payment, all to get my license reinstated. It was successful.

Fast forward to 2018... the state sent me a letter that they collected my state tax refund for not paying the fees associated with those two tickets. The court collections office has no record of my payments or completion of community service and the website says I have two upcoming court dates in July. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have thrown the paperwork away, but I can't find it yet. There is no one to speak to in the courthouse about it without physically going there, which is a two hour drive away.

Damned if you pay, damned if you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information