Thread: Four people have been arrested after Raegan Day (20) and Dustin Hartline (28) were found dead inside a vehicle

Four people have been arrested after Raegan Day (20) and Dustin Hartline (28) were found dead inside a vehicle

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...side_a_vehicle

Authorities in St. Tammany Parish are looking from two missing people from Pearl River.

Raegan Elizabeth Day and Dustin R. Hartline, who the St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office said are friends, were last seen around 12:30 p.m. Thursday (Feb. 15) on Joe Moore Road in Pearl River.

Friends and family have not seen or heard from the pair since then, the Sheriff's Office said.

Day, 20, is around 5-foot-8 inches tall and approximately 150 pounds. She has long brown hair and a white dove and two red flowers tattooed on her upper right arm, the Sheriff's Office said.

Hartline, 28, is around 5-foot-10 inches tall and approximately 170 pounds. He has brown hair and a goatee, numerous tattoos and gauges in both earlobes.

They were driving Day's 2011 dark blue Chevrolet Camaro, which has a Mississippi license plate: PUH 722.

Anyone with information or that may have seen or spoken to either of them since midday Thursday, is asked to call Detective Hudson at (985) 726-7848, or (985) 898-2338 or 911.

http://www.nola.com/northshore/index...s_looking.html

Last edited by Olivia; 03-06-2018 at 06:01 PM.

http://www.wwltv.com/article/news/lo.../289-526052652

Author: WWLTV
    Published: 4:10 PM CST March 5, 2018
    Updated: 10:21 PM CST March 5, 2018

ST. TAMMANY ? Two bodies were recovered from a Pearl River boat launch area Monday afternoon and have been positively identified as two missing friends from Pearl River, the St. Tammany Parish Coroner says.

The bodies have been identified as 20-year-old Raegan Day and 28-year-old Dustin Hartline. They were last seen Feb. 15 in Pearl River on their way to Kenner before heading to a doctor?s appointment in Baton Rouge. The two were in Day?s dark blue 2011 Chevy Camaro when they were last seen.

Their bodies were recovered in the area of the East Pearl River Boat Launch on Highway 90 on Monday afternoon.

Around 5 p.m. a car matching the description of Day's was pulled from the water and the coroner was on the scene.

The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office says the matter is now being investigated as a double homicide.

Sheriff Randy Smith said that investigators do have leads on possible suspects.

"It?s not the outcome we wanted for the family and we are just glad that we can bring some closure to the family. It?s an active investigation. We do have some leads and some suspects and tips that we are following up on," Smith said.

Hartline's mom, Stephanie Heaphy, spoke with Eyewitness News about it.

"The last time the phone went off was shortly after I spoke with him," she said. "And then about 12:30-1:00 there was no more signal on the phone and the last signal was somewhere in Slidell."

For days family and friends did what they could to find their loved-ones, all while investigators say they did the same. After several days of authorities and divers investigating ponds and other waterways, a tip came in which led them near the Mississippi/Louisiana state line Monday.

"We've been following leads and tips in the sheriff's office following up on every single one," said Smith.

With the focus now on finding those responsible, Smith adds his deputies will work to bring the families justice.

"We weren't going to give up until they were located," Smith said. "And we won't quit until we have somebody charged for this crime."

Authorities say they have some leads and tips they're still looking into and if anyone has information to call their Department at 985-898-2338.

The coroner says autopsies will be performed Tuesday.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    I believe this is another FB page for Dustin.

https://www.facebook.com/dustin.hart...=pb_friends_tl

http://wgno.com/2018/03/06/4-arreste...submerged-car/

4 arrested for murder of Pearl River residents found in submerged car

The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office said in a message posted to the department’s official Facebook page that the four people who have been arrested are “directly involved in the murders” of Day and Hartline.

Eighteen-year-old Jason Landry and 25-year-old Brittney “Beezy” Savell, who both live in Slidell, were arrested in Waveland, Mississippi, while 22-year-old Derrion Lemoine and 27-year-old Steve “Stevie” Olivieri were arrested in Louisiana.

All four have been charged with two counts each of first degree murder, according to the STPSO.

The Brittney chick just got our of jail on Jan. 17th. Guess she really like it.

Steven is a Juggalo with bad tattoos.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...&fref=mentions

Her top post about jail is a trainwreck of comments right now. Holy smokes.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Steven is a Juggalo with bad tattoos.
    Damnit! I miss Hotsauce, her views on juggalos were always entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...&fref=mentions

Her top post about jail is a trainwreck of comments right now. Holy smokes.
    Right? Her friend Abbie posted "when my ex murdered all those people.."
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sheriff...submerged-car/

Sheriff details motive after missing friends found shot dead in submerged car

Police say two Louisiana friends found dead in a submerged car Monday were ambushed and shot by masked assailants after setting up a meeting to sell the car last month.
    Day was found inside the car, shot in the front and back of the head, a coroner said. Hartline was found in the trunk, shot once in the back of the head. The bodies had a "significant" amount of decomposition due to the length of time they had been submerged, but they were positively identified through "very distinctive" tattoos, said the coroner, Chuck Preston.

Preston said investigators made the decision to move the car with the bodies still inside to the coroner's office before extricating the remains in order to preserve as much evidence as possible.

Smith said investigators believe the murders happened Feb. 15 in a remote, wooded area near a Slidell subdivision. Day, who was friends with Slavell, had set up a meeting with her about possibly selling the Camaro. But Smith said it was a setup, and the suspects had planned all along to steal the car. The victims were ambushed by armed, masked assailants and shot and killed in the "carjacking gone bad."

Their bodies were put in the car before the car was disposed of in the water at the boat launch, Smith said. Smith said investigators had already been searching area waterways after uncovering the Slidell crime scene when the tip about the submerged car came in.

The motive seems strange. Why carjack somebody, kill them, only to go push the car in the water?

The motive seems strange. Why carjack somebody, kill them, only to go push the car in the water?
    EXACTLY what I was thinking.
    Then I thought about the ?carjacking gone bad? statement. Maybe one of the four perps accidentally shot one of the victims (from nervousness or from being really, really high, or something), and it escalated from carjacking to murder? Or maybe one or both of the victims tried to fight back? Something like that? So the perps ditched the carjacking idea after Raegan & Dustin were murdered because now they had two dead bodies (& a car) to hide? Idk. I?m just guessing. But look at what happened in the movie Fargo (which I *think* is loosely based on a real story). Hopefully the entire story will come out. Let this be a lesson to the kids- if you brandish a loaded weapon, even though you have NO intention of using it, think again. Now there are two people who are deceased & four people who are probably going to prison for a long time. Over a carjacking? Fuck.
    RIP Raegan RIP Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebelle View Post
    EXACTLY what I was thinking.
    Then I thought about the ?carjacking gone bad? statement. Maybe one of the four perps accidentally shot one of the victims (from nervousness or from being really, really high, or something), and it escalated from carjacking to murder? Or maybe one or both of the victims tried to fight back? Something like that? So the perps ditched the carjacking idea after Raegan & Dustin were murdered because now they had two dead bodies (& a car) to hide? Idk. I?m just guessing. But look at what happened in the movie Fargo (which I *think* is loosely based on a real story). Hopefully the entire story will come out. Let this be a lesson to the kids- if you brandish a loaded weapon, even though you have NO intention of using it, think again. Now there are two people who are deceased & four people who are probably going to prison for a long time. Over a carjacking? Fuck.
    RIP Raegan RIP Dustin
    When they were first missing a lot of the locals said drugs were involved.

I still think that's possible. The carjacking makes no sense

None of them look very classy. Maybe they knew it would be obvious. She goes missing and they have her car.

When they were first missing a lot of the locals said drugs were involved.

I still think that's possible. The carjacking makes no sense
    True dat!
    Drugz R Baaad...

Thread Information