Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fashion Designer Kate Spade (55) found dead of a suspected suicide

Fashion designer Kate Spade found dead of an apparent suicide

http://www.ktva.com/story/38352628/f...ade-found-dead

Kate Brosnahan Spade hanged herself with a scarf in an apparent suicide at a New York City apartment Tuesday according to a NYPD source.

A second NYPD source says the call came in at 1030 this morning and a suicide note was found.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Very sad.

Fashion Designer Kate Spade (55) found dead of a suspected suicide

Wow!

Fashion designer Kate Spade has been found dead in her New York apartment.

Police are investigating her death as an apparent suicide.

The 55 year old was found dead in her Park Avenue apartment at 10:20 local time (15:20 BST) by her housekeeper, a law enforcement official said.

Kate Spade was well known as a designer of clothes, shoes, and jewellery, but was best known for her accessory line. She co-founded Kate Spade Handbags in 1993 with husband Andy Spade.

The company opened its first store in New York in 1996, and now has more than 300 branches worldwide.

It is recognisable for its distinctive logo which features the spades playing card symbol, in reference to the designer's surname.

The company's bright and colourful patterned designs became a trademark of its products.

Kate Spade sold her namesake brand in 2007.

It was bought last year by New York rival designer Coach in a deal worth $2.4bn (?1.8bn).

The couple then set up another design venture, Frances Valentine, named after one of their daughters.

Kate Spade legally changed her name to Kate Valentine (Valentine was her grandfather's middle name) to "separate the two worlds".

The New York Police Department confirmed her death under her birth name, Katherine Noel Brosnahan.

A very nice and funny lady. Whenever I saw her she always had me laughing.

I was sad to see this earlier. I feel bad for her 13 year old. :(
    Jenn

I didn't know she was married to David Spade's brother. This is very sad.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I didn't know she was married to David Spade's brother. This is very sad.
    When the news popped up on my phone the first thing I thought was David Spade's wife. I had to google her name to find out who she was.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    When the news popped up on my phone the first thing I thought was David Spade's wife. I had to google her name to find out who she was.
    Obviously you are a dude so you probably wouldn't know of her

I bought some of her brand of sunglasses like 10 years ago and I still wear them to this day.

_

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Obviously you are a dude so you probably wouldn't know of her

I bought some of her brand of sunglasses like 10 years ago and I still wear them to this day.

_
    Why wouldn't a dude know her? Thats discrimination against men! Basically you're saying we're dumb. Lmfaooo. I knew her and have met her a few times.

Well that was unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Just as I suspected. A ring of elderly pedophiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Love View Post
    Fucking piece of shit, fucking scum, internet ass holes. fucking ingrate no life having fat ass. you have no fucking clue at whats going on fuck tard shit for brains.

So sad. But if the letter is true, what a dick move.

"Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    So sad. But if the letter is true, what a dick move.

"Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!"
    Are you talking about her suicide note? That already made it's way online?

Are you talking about her suicide note? That already made it's way online?
    Yes.

Photo from their apartment :(

People have been saying that she and her husband were having relationship issues. That bit of the suicide note seems like it could back that hearsay up.

Hmm. Any parent who finds it necessary to focus their suicide note on telling their child that the child is not to blame for the suicide but some other named person is to blame, must've had a pretty accusatory/blaming parenting style in life.

I hope her daughter has a lot of love & support around her because it sounds like she needed it long before this happened.

Yes.
    Did she post it on facebook or did somebody already leak it?

Did she post it on facebook or did somebody already leak it?
    Someone leaked it. I am still a bit skeptical

http://www.tmz.com/2018/06/05/kate-s...ter-ask-daddy/

Kate Spade's suicide note was addressed directly to her 13-year-old daughter ... TMZ has learned.

The note was found on a bed near her body and, according to law enforcement sources it read, "Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!" Their daughter's full name is Frances Beatrix.

We're also told the housekeeper found her tied with a red scarf to a closet door knob in the bedroom. She was unresponsive and cold to the touch.

The housekeeper ran downstairs to the building's main floor to tell the building's superintendent ... who, we're told ... rushed upstairs, cut the scarf and attempted CPR.

There's a whole bunch of photos of their apartment here. I can't see THE closet

http://theselby.com/galleries/andy-spade-kate-spade/

Their bedroom

Has she even been dead 12 hours and already people are talking about her?

Fashion designer Kate Spade's suicide was 'not unexpected' according to her family who say she struggled for years with debilitating mental illness - but was too scared to seek help in case it hurt her brand.

Spade, 55, hanged herself with a scarf in her Park Avenue home on Tuesday morning, leaving a heartbreaking suicide note addressed to her teenage daughter, telling her: 'I have always loved you'.

Now the designer's older sister Reta Saffo has opened up about her sister's battle with mental illness, how she fixated on beloved comic actor Robin Williams' hanging suicide in August 2014, and how she's refused to seek medical treatment, concerned it could damage the Spade brand.

'Sometimes you simply cannot SAVE people from themselves!' Saffo, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, told The Kansas City Star.

Saffo, 57, said she and Kate's husband Andy Spade had urged her on multiple occasions to go for treatment, including to the same treatment program where Catherine Zeta-Jones went for her successful bipolar treatment, but she'd always 'chickened out' at the last moment.

'We'd get sooo close to packing her bags, but ? in the end, the 'image' of her brand (happy-go-lucky Kate Spade) was more important for her to keep up. She was definitely worried about what people would say if they found out.'

Saffo said after numerous attempts to try and help her sister, she 'finally let go.' But not before her sister hinted at her suicide plan.

'One of the last things she said to me was, 'Reta, I know you hate funerals and don't attend them, but for me would you PLEASE come to MINE, at least. Please!' I know she perhaps had a plan, but she insisted she did not.'

That's why I was surprised that her suicide note is already out there. Seems they're quick to spill her drama out.

There's a whole bunch of photos of their apartment here. I can't see THE closet

http://theselby.com/galleries/andy-spade-kate-spade/
    That is an amazing apartment. It is old and has amazing details.

Fashion designer Kate Spade's suicide was 'not unexpected' according to her family who say she struggled for years with debilitating mental illness - but was too scared to seek help in case it hurt her brand.

Spade, 55, hanged herself with a scarf in her Park Avenue home on Tuesday morning, leaving a heartbreaking suicide note addressed to her teenage daughter, telling her: 'I have always loved you'.

Now the designer's older sister Reta Saffo has opened up about her sister's battle with mental illness, how she fixated on beloved comic actor Robin Williams' hanging suicide in August 2014, and how she's refused to seek medical treatment, concerned it could damage the Spade brand.

'Sometimes you simply cannot SAVE people from themselves!' Saffo, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, told The Kansas City Star.

Saffo, 57, said she and Kate's husband Andy Spade had urged her on multiple occasions to go for treatment, including to the same treatment program where Catherine Zeta-Jones went for her successful bipolar treatment, but she'd always 'chickened out' at the last moment.

'We'd get sooo close to packing her bags, but ? in the end, the 'image' of her brand (happy-go-lucky Kate Spade) was more important for her to keep up. She was definitely worried about what people would say if they found out.'

Saffo said after numerous attempts to try and help her sister, she 'finally let go.' But not before her sister hinted at her suicide plan.

'One of the last things she said to me was, 'Reta, I know you hate funerals and don't attend them, but for me would you PLEASE come to MINE, at least. Please!' I know she perhaps had a plan, but she insisted she did not.'
    I am so surprised she was so worried about her brand. She sold the company in 2007.
    Jenn

I don?t think the note posted is real. If we pretend, however, that it is, I don?t find it accusatory of the father, just by the use of the word ?daddy?.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...id=mailsignout

Kate Spade's Family 'Disgusted' After Designer's Sister Claims Suicide 'Wasn't Unexpected': Source
    Maybe the sister knew something everyone else didn't know. This isn't uncommon. I already know that one day my only brother will eventually commit suicide. He's already told some of us.

Thread Information