Thread: Megan Weddle - 21 February 2018

Megan Weddle - 21 February 2018

https://www.facebook.com/meganweddle?fref=mentions

On Wednesday, February 21, 2018, Megan Alina Weddle, beloved to all who knew her, passed from this life. Megan was born on April 17, 1985, to Steve and Page Weddle of Troutville. In addition to her parents, she is survived by her brother, Christopher Weddle and his wife, Anna, and their daughters, Holly and Macy; her sister Abby Khatibi, and her husband, Piyum, and their sons, Rylan and Dylan. She is also survived by her grandmother, Agnes L. Painter, and her grandparents, Dewie and Kathryn R. Weddle. In addition, she is survived by many loving aunts, uncles, and cousins. She was preceded in death by her grandfather, Bland A. Painter, Jr.
    Megan was a kind soul with a gentle spirit as evidenced by her love of all animals, most especially dogs. She was a brilliant photographer with an uncanny ability to capture the natural world. She also designed and crafted beautiful jewelry. Megan loved family gatherings with her extended family, particularly her cousins, nieces, and nephews. Megan was a devoted companion to her grandmother, MaMa Aggie. She was a loyal fan of the Duke Blue Devils basketball team. Many came to know Megan when they shopped at Troutville Grocery and Goods (formerly Thriftway), where she was her mother?s right-hand. Megan was quick with a warm smile and her positive outlook was an inspiration to all.
    Megan filled her days with purpose and meaning and found joy in small moments. Her life was far too short; her passing serves as a reminder that life is fragile and every moment is to be treasured.
    Megan was a faithful member of Bonsack Baptist Church, where her funeral service will be held on Sunday, February 25, at 2:00 p.m. The family will receive friends on Saturday, February 24, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. at Rader Funeral Home, 630 Roanoke Road, Daleville. In lieu of flowers, please consider honoring Megan with a donation to The Addy Grace Foundation, P.O. Box 35, Daleville, VA 24083.

http://www.rader-funeralhome.com/tributes/Megan-Weddle

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    There is so much love being shown to her on FB. The community came together and lined the streets on the day of her funeral to show their support for her family, which is such a beautiful gesture.

From one of her friends on FB:
    Please keep my family and a family friend's parents and friends in your prayers if you pray...we lost a girl I worked with when I was a teenager named Megan Weddle... all I really know is she got hit by the flu and passed away last night..she had been a fighter all of her life. I feel bad I can't remember the name of her disability but she never let it or her wheelchair get in her way as my daughter beautifully said earlier...

Thread Information