Thread: Jace Crehan (23) was convicted of second-degree murder after he killed the man who molested his girlfriend

Jace Crehan (23) was convicted of second-degree murder after he killed the man who molested his girlfriend

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...his_girlfriend

I have to say, I am surprised by the prison terms they got. I have seen people do worse and get less. I guess the judge made an example of them re vigilante justice.

In a Baton Rouge courtroom raw with emotion, Jace Crehan was sentenced Friday to life in prison without parole and his girlfriend, Brittany Monk, received a 35-year prison term for what the judge called the "diabolical" and "vigilante" killing of a Zachary man whose body was found in a 55-gallon container two weeks after he pleaded no contest to molesting her as a child.

State District Judge Tony Marabella acknowledged spending many hours agonizing over what would constitute a just sentence for Monk, who was 17 and seven months pregnant with Crehan's child when Robert Noce Jr., 47, was killed July 4, 2015. Thirteen days before that, Noce was put on probation.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rou...a828ff67f.html

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is a YouCaring for him:

https://www.youcaring.com/jacecrehan-1102167

This is fucking abhorrent.

The judge who gave probation to the molestor should be tarred and feathered.

Well, that child will never see its parents again. Sad.
    I'm not saying that killing the molester was legally okay, but feeling bad for him isn't exactly easy.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

http://www.wbrz.com/news/appeals-cou...stice-killing/

Update the court holds the conviction for Vigilante Jace Crehan

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - A state appeals court has affirmed the second-degree murder conviction and life sentence for a Louisiana man in the 2015 stabbing and strangulation of his girlfriend's convicted molester.

Jace Crehan argued that he was only guilty of manslaughter because he only initially intended to scare Robert Noce Jr. in 2015. Noce was found dead less than two weeks after he pleaded contest to carnal knowledge of Crehan's girlfriend, Brittany Monk.

The Advocate reports a three-judge appeals panel on Monday noted that the jury had rejected the now 24-year-old Crehan's assertion that he was "forced" to kill Noce because of a "failure of the judicial system." Monk was 17 and pregnant when she and Crehan broke into Noce's trailer. She's appealing her 35-year sentence, arguing it's excessive.

What This is one of these cases where Crehan should be pardoned along with Monk. They have to face the "Blame the hero" issue.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...b06861079.html

Hell No even Monk should be pardoned.

A 21-year-old Walker woman's 35-year prison sentence in the gruesome 2015 killing of a man who two weeks earlier had pleaded "no contest" to molesting her as a child is not excessive, a state appeals court has ruled.

Even though Brittany Monk pleaded guilty to manslaughter in the death of Robert Noce Jr., the 1st Circuit Court of Appeal said the facts would have supported a conviction for second-degree murder.

"The sentence imposed was not grossly disproportionate to the severity of the offense, and thus, was not unconstitutionally excessive," the appeals court said Tuesday.

The court's ruling came a day after it affirmed the second-degree murder conviction and life prison term given to Monk's boyfriend, Jace Crehan, 24, of Walker.

Noce, 47, of Zachary, was a former boyfriend of Monk's mother.

Monk was 17 and seven months pregnant when she and Crehan broke into Noce's trailer on July 4, 2015. Crehan was convicted in the vigilante-style stabbing and strangulation of Noce. Monk pleaded guilty to taking part in the crime.

"Forced to kill because of a failure in the judicial system." Boy, if I had a dollar for every time THAT'S happened to me.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Thread Information