Thread: Case McCutchin - 21 January 2018

Case McCutchin - 21 January 2018

MADISON-Case Theodore McCutchin, age 18, of Madison, passed away unexpectedly on Sunday, Jan. 21, 2018. He was born on Sept. 19, 1999, in Madison, the son of Theodore ?Ted? McCutchin and Dawn Ivan. Case was a senior at Madison La Follette High School and had attended Verona schools through second grade and then St. Dennis Catholic School for grades 3rd-8th.

As a member of the La Follette National Honor Society, Case served as treasurer. He also was involved with SAAC and peer tutoring. Just this school year he received a National Merit Commended Student Award and a South Madison Rotary Outstanding Student Award. Case was very athletic and lettered in football, basketball and tennis. As a junior he received Scholar Athlete in Basketball and as a senior he was awarded Scholar Athlete and Academic All-State in football. Outside of school, he worked part-time at Metro Market and did volunteering, including many years as a Mass server at St. Dennis Catholic Church. He was excited and looking forward to embracing college, having been accepted into the Engineering programs at both UW-Madison and U of M-Twin Cities.

As a very deep thinker, he loved a good discussion and was especially passionate about politics. Case enjoyed everything to do with computers, including building and working with them and playing online games with friends. He loved a broad range of music and was an avid movie watcher. Working out, staying fit and eating healthy were a big part of his life. Case enjoyed his family get-togethers, which meant the world to him. He loved little kids, especially his younger cousins who adored him. Case also treasured going to Badger games with his Aunt Carol.

In addition to his parents, Case is survived by his sister, Heather (Jesse) Lambeth; maternal aunts, Angie (James) Spahr, Kirsten (John) Harris and Linda Britton; paternal aunt, Carol Murphy; paternal uncle, John (Rose) McCutchin; godmother, Susan Seifert; and girlfriend, Kylie Cook. Also surviving Case are many cousins, Craig (Trish) Britton, Aaron Spahr, Joshua (Julie) Bollinger, Wesley (Andy Prickett) Bollinger, Adam and Lexi Harris, Thea (Brian) Spranger, Meta (Jeramiah Dunnett) Hartman, Curtis (Amanda) McCutchin and Katy (Neil Mrkvicka) Murphy. Case is further survived by beloved younger cousins, Shane, Ernie, Cortney, Maggie, Claire, Henrik, Ella, Tovin and Alex. He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, Curtis and Armeta McCutchin; maternal grandparents, Sidney and Mary Lou Ivan; and uncles, Michael Britton, Douglas Ivan and Jack Murphy.

A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at ST. DENNIS CATHOLIC CHURCH, 505 Dempsey Road, Madison, at 11 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 26, 2018, with Father Randy Timmerman and Deacon David Hendrickson concelebrating. Burial will be held at Roselawn Memorial Park. Visitation will be held at the church from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018, and also on Friday from 9:30 a.m. until the time of Mass.

"Be at peace now, Case. We love you and could not be more proud to have such a special and loving son, even if it was only for a short time. You will live on in our hearts forever ?til we meet again one day."

Gunderson East
    Funeral & Cremation Care
    5203 Monona Dr.
    (608) 221-5420

http://www.gundersonfh.com/obituarie...#/obituaryInfo

https://www.facebook.com/case.mccutchin?ref=br_rs

I think it may have been suicide, which is heartbreaking. From his dad's page:

I know it's repetitive but here is a longer summary of our son's life. Our hearts ache at the pain and anxiety he apparently lived in. Self-dissatisfaction, fear of being less than best. So needless. No sense of redemption, of self-forgiveness.
    I know his pain. First week of January my son, who has struggled with depression for years, finally reached out for help. He allowed me to take him to the emergency room and allowed himself to be placed on a 72 hour hold. He, too, grew up his entire life plagued by fear and self-hate. We've tried many, many avenues but nothing seemed to help. No permanent fix.

His reaching out was the scariest thing he had ever done but he knew that night that if he did not go, he may not see the morning.

I am thrilled to say that he's been on medication for seven weeks now and it's working. It's really working. To see him walk through the living room humming a song now is just amazing to me because it's a child I've never really known.

He's working on joining a vocational school and wants to become a nurse to help other kids like him.

It's still a slippery slope every single day, but it's getting so much better.

My heart aches for this family. There but for the grace of God, well... you know.

RIP beautiful boy. Prayers to all who loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post

I know his pain. First week of January my son, who has struggled with depression for years, finally reached out for help. He allowed me to take him to the emergency room and allowed himself to be placed on a 72 hour hold. He, too, grew up his entire life plagued by fear and self-hate. We've tried many, many avenues but nothing seemed to help. No permanent fix.

His reaching out was the scariest thing he had ever done but he knew that night that if he did not go, he may not see the morning.

I am thrilled to say that he's been on medication for seven weeks now and it's working. It's really working. To see him walk through the living room humming a song now is just amazing to me because it's a child I've never really known.

He's working on joining a vocational school and wants to become a nurse to help other kids like him.

My heart aches for this family. There but for the grace of God, well... you know.

Hugs to you and your son, Peace. That is wonderful.

Hugs & positive thoughts to you and your son, Peace

Hugs & positive thoughts to you and your son, Peace

Thread Information