Thread: Maarib Al Hishmawi (16) missing from San Antonio, TX since 1/30/18

Maarib Al Hishmawi (16) missing from San Antonio, TX since 1/30/18

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-school-jan-30

The FBI has joined the search for a 16-year-old last seen almost a month ago leaving her San Antonio high school, the Bexar County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday.

Maarib Al Hishmawi was seen about 12:30 p.m. Jan. 30 leaving William Howard Taft High School in the 11600 block of Culebra Road.

"It is important to note, the investigation has revealed allegations that Maarib was physically abused by someone she knew," the sheriff's office said in a written statement. "Authorities are therefore not only focused on recovering Maarib, but also on ensuring that she is in a safe environment."

The FBI has joined the sheriff's office in the search for Maarib.

Maarib is described as 5-5 with a light complexion, black hair and brown eyes. She was wearing jeans, a white jacket with black piping, light-colored pump-style heels and a black and white floral hijab that covered her head and neck.

Anyone with information about Maarib's disappearance is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 214-224-7867. Tips may also be submitted online at tips.fbi.gov. Tipsters may remain anonymous.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

http://news4sanantonio.com/news/loca...-find-daughter

"Please help me. Every time we go into her room, we cry," said Abdulah Hishmawi, the teen's father.

Both the Bexar County Sheriff's Office and FBI are investigating Maarib's disapperance.

"There may be physical abuse involved in her family, and I cannot speculate on who or where," said authorities.

Hishmawi denies the abuse allegations surrounding his only daughter.

"Nobody abused my daughter," Hishmawi said he did tell police about a possible arranged marriage in the works between Maarib and a family friend from Dallas. The teen's father says the man is around 25 years old and first meet the family last May when Maarib was 15 years old.

"He never touched her. He never go to her room. She never go to where he live in Dallas. I have nothing to hide. I'm not scared about this. My daughter and this guy - we help those together to build a family, " he added.

Hishmawi says he was never going to force his daughter to marry the family friend, but if she agreed, he would give his parental permission through the courts to do so. Marriage or not, Hishmaw doesn't believe that's the reason his daughter is missing.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    It isn't sounding good. Why do I feel this is some sort of honor thing going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    It isn't sounding good. Why do I feel this is some sort of honor thing going on?
    I thought the same thing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I thought the same thing.
    I also thought this. An honor killing or she ran away because she didn't want to marry the guy they decided on for her.

25 years old with a 15 year old? What the fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

I'm with the ran away crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Toasters for everyone. Thankfully she was found alive and now her parents have been charged. Sucks that they were that horrible, but now maybe all the kids will get out of there and get the help they need and move on to a good life.

https://www.ksat.com/news/parents-of...-disappearance

BCSO: Parents beat, poured hot cooking oil on Taft HS student for refusing arranged marriage
    Maarib Al Hishmawi, 16, found alive, in CPS custody with 5 siblings

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office is sharing new, horrifying details in the arrest of a 16-year-old girl's parents in connection with her disappearance. The teenager has since been found alive.

Authorities said Maarib Al Hishmawi's parents attempted to force her into an arranged marriage to a man and subjected her to physical abuse when she refused.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said the girl's family had arranged for her to marry a man in another city and that a sum of $20,000 would be exchanged.

"This young lady, at various times over that time period was subjected to some pretty bad abuse because she didn't want to be married to this person," Salazar said. "Several times it was reported to us that this young lady was abused with hot cooking oil being thrown on her body. She was beat with broomsticks. At least at one point, she was choked almost to the point of unconsciousness."

The teenager ran away and was reported missing on Jan. 30 after she was last seen leaving Taft High School, where she was a student. Salazar said they found her in mid-March, adding that she was taken in by an organization after she ran away and was safe.

Wow. Her family is a crowd of cunts!

I don't blame her AT ALL. I hope she gets the help she needs. Terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

They are American now. She is American. She now has rights.

Thread Information