Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
We probably don't have a thread on here due to the age of the case.

I remember this case. This kid was a POS! I think his dad should pay the taxpayers back then for the Death Penalty trial and all his death penalty appeals, because all that definitely costs more than a regular trial. As I read in another story, where the DA was coming out against the clemency, this victim doesn't get to decide if the offender is punished, and the community and public in general were also victims, not just the family.

Dad is a wealthy, white religious dude...that's why this kid got clemency in TX.
Yep- money talks & religion does too! And there are definitely people here who pick & choose which parts of the Bible should be followed. Here & in other places too, I supppse, but it still seems kind of odd to me. Which is why I posted that one part in bold letters.
I agree that he?s a POS. If things had gone the way he?d planned, dad would never have survived. Yet the dad begs for clemency for his son. Either dad is a fool, or he?s a better person than me. Forgiveness? I?m not convinced that the son has any remorse anyway.