Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Hernandez (5) was found dead three months after he went missing

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Missing boy's dad would welcome stepmom home if she can win release from jail

The father of a missing Wichita boy says he would welcome his wife home if she can win release from jail.

Jonathan Hernandez?s wife, Emily Glass, is seeking a lower bond so she can go home.

Glass is being held in jail on a $50,000 bond, charged with a misdemeanor ? endangering the couple?s 1-year-old daughter. Before she was charged, police announced that she had also been arrested on suspicion of endangering her missing 5-year-old stepson, Lucas Hernandez. Prosecutors charged her only with endangering her daughter.

In a phone interview with The Eagle on Monday ? the 23rd day that his son, Lucas, has been missing ? Jonathan Hernandez said: ?I am standing by her until either some other information comes out or something about the case breaks. If it involves her, obviously it would be different. Obviously, my thoughts would be changing if she was implicated in any way involving Lucas.?

Still, he said, ?Everybody has to be innocent until they?re proven guilty.?

There shouldn?t be a lynch-mob mentality against his wife, he said.

?I realize it?s frustrating for the public not to know? what happened to Lucas, he said.

He added he remains hopeful that his son will be found OK.

If his wife can obtain a lower bond and get out of jail, it would benefit her and their children ? their daughter and Lucas, Hernandez said.

?I?m sure we have a lot of things to do personally between her and me? if she gets released, he said.

Glass is asking a judge to change her bond so she can be released from jail and have contact with her family and other children.

?Defendant does not pose a threat or harm to the community,? her attorney contended in a court document filed in Sedgwick County District Court on Friday.

Wichita police and the FBI have been conducting a criminal investigation of the boy?s disappearance. Police, volunteers and a national group have assisted in looking for Lucas.

Glass?s attorney says that the stepmother?s $50,000 bond is too high.

Glass has been held in the Sedgwick County Jail since Feb. 21 on a charge of misdemeanor child endangerment. The charge alleges that she endangered her 1-year-old daughter.
    http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204752704.html

Man she really hid his body well.

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204885094.html

Emily Glass told a police detective that the day before her stepson, Lucas Hernandez, disappeared, ?she smoked a few bowls? of marijuana, then drove her 1-year-old daughter to Olive Garden for dinner.

That new information is in a police affidavit released Tuesday. The affidavit was used as part of the legal basis for arresting Glass, who is charged with misdemeanor child endangerment of her 1-year-old daughter.

The court document gives this account: At 6:14 p.m. Feb. 17, Wichita police officers were dispatched to a home on South Edgemoor to a ?lost juvenile call.? The child was identified as 5-year-old LH, ?who was in the care of Emily A. Glass ? at their residence? along with a 1-year-old child.

After police Detective Ryan Schomaker read Glass her Miranda rights, the affidavit says, Glass said that around 3:30 p.m. the day before the 5-year-old disappeared, ?she was cleaning then went to the garage to smoke marijuana ? she said she smoked a few bowls.?

Glass said she then became hungry and drove the 1-year-old to Olive Garden for dinner, it says. She said she spent about an hour at the restaurant before driving home with the 1-year-old.

Glass ?offered consent to search her phone,? the affidavit says. Records showed texts between Glass and someone identified only by initials as ?JH? the same day she drove to the restaurant.

She told JH that ?she was going to smoke a couple bowls of marijuana and go to Olive Garden and use the gift card JH had sent her,? the affidavit says.
    http://www.ksn.com/news/local/bond-r...dez/1045281002

Emily Glass, the stepmother of Lucas Hernandez, appeared in court Wednesday for a bond reduction hearing.

The motion was denied by a judge.

Glass asked that her $50,000 bond be lowered so she could be released from jail. She is being held in jail for a misdemeanor child endangerment charge involving her one-year-old daughter.

Lucas Hernandez, Glass' stepson, was reported missing February 17. Lucas has not been seen since. In court today, the judge said that charge and Lucas' disappearance plays a role in his decision.

"That ongoing investigation, in this court's opinions, makes Ms. Glass a flight risk," said the judge. "And that's just a reality. And that is not in any way suggesting in any way that Ms. Glass is guilty or not guilty in any kind of offense, but it's a reality."

An affidavit released Tuesday provided details on that case. If Glass is able to come up with the bond money, she will be held on house arrest and fitted with an ankle bracelet.

So is she saying she left Lucas alone at home when her & her one year old went to Olive Garden?

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    So is she saying she left Lucas alone at home when her & her one year old went to Olive Garden?
    She changed her story then. She originally said she was taking a nap.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    She changed her story then. She originally said she was taking a nap.
    Let's not jump to conclusions about "story changing". I *always* nap at Olive Garden. Always. Best naps. Breadsticks make an excellent pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I think she went to Olive Garden the day before he went "missing." I believe she is still claiming she was sleeping when he supposedly went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I think she went to Olive Garden the day before he went "missing." I believe she is still claiming she was sleeping when he supposedly went missing.
    You are correct. So I guess she left him alone 2 days in a row?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You are correct. So I guess she left him alone 2 days in a row?
    I have no idea if the child was supposed to be with her on Olive Garden day, or maybe he was with his mom? I don't remember him being mentioned at all when the article was discussing her Olive Garden fun the day before.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I have no idea if the child was supposed to be with her on Olive Garden day, or maybe he was with his mom? I don't remember him being mentioned at all when the article was discussing her Olive Garden fun the day before.
    I was thinking she was supposed to be watching him, because why would they even mention it if she wasn't?

I was thinking she was supposed to be watching him, because why would they even mention it if she wasn't?
    I think so too. It's strange that she doesn't mention him - it's like he was already gone or something. Where was Lucas when you went to Olive Garden?

But yet he is willing to support her if she is released? Or did he change his mind?

I can't believe this poor little boy hasn't been found yet

But yet he is willing to support her if she is released? Or did he change his mind?

I can't believe this poor little boy hasn't been found yet
    They are referring to the father of her children, not her husband.

They are referring to the father of her children, not her husband.
    Ohhhhhh! Thanks for clarifying :)

Philip Klein is the investigator in the Deorr Kunz case.

Philip Klein is the investigator in the Deorr Kunz case.
    and in the Michael 'PaPaw' Chambers case.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...208704089.html

Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

The timeline on Lucas begins on Feb. 14, 2015: Lucas' biological mother, Taylor, asked police to check on Lucas. Police contacted Hernandez and Lucas, and "noted Lucas was 'fine,'" it says.

Feb. 22, 2016: Glass reported that she and Hernandez were arguing, that he was ?throwing property outside.? A month and a half later, the document says, police arrested the couple for ?fighting/domestic violence.?

March 2017: Someone saw Lucas with ?temporary tattoos that were hiding bruises.? Lucas was reported to have been covered ?from head to toe in bruises,? according to a report to the Kansas Department for Children and Families on Feb. 19, two days after Glass told police he had disappeared. The person said Lucas had a bruise on his bottom ?that looked like the shape of a clothes iron. ? Lucas reportedly stated (Glass) had caused the bruises,? the document says.

May 16, 2017: DCF, the Kansas child protection agency, received the first of two reports of suspected abuse involving Lucas. Glass and an ?unknown perpetrator? were suspected. The boy reportedly had bruising in the shape of a hand on his left arm, bruising on his left cheek and on his bottom.

?It was reported that when asked about his bruises, all Lucas would say is that (Glass) 'doesn?t like me any more,'" it says.

DCF investigated, ?determined that there was not enough evidence to support the allegation. DCF closed the case.?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This poor boy knew nothing but abuse his entire short life
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Emily Glass loses custody of her daughter

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...209903884.html

The stepmother and caregiver of a 5-year-old Wichita boy missing for more than two months lost custody of her 1-year-old daughter on Friday.

Sedgwick County juvenile court Judge Kevin Smith found that Emily Glass? daughter is, under state law, a ?child in need of care.? The designation puts the girl in the custody of the secretary for the Kansas Department for Children and Families. The agency will decide where the child will live. The girl had already been placed in police protective custody.

Police have said that Glass is the stepmother of Lucas Hernandez and that she reported him missing from their south Wichita home on Feb. 17.

At a hearing Friday morning, neither Glass and nor Lucas' father, Jonathan Hernandez, contested a petition filed by a prosecutor laying out a factual basis for why the 1-year-old girl should be declared a child in need of care by the state.

During the hearing, Glass, wearing an orange jail shirt and pants, dabbed at tears with a tissue. She waived her right to a hearing on whether her daughter should be found a child in need of care. Hernandez, who is listed in the petition as the "alleged father" of the girl, appeared to look straight at the judge rather than at Glass. Glass and Hernandez, who have lived together in recent years, each had their own attorney; a lawyer sat between them. Both said "yes" when asked if they understood their rights. Neither spoke at length during the brief public portion of the hearing.

After Smith ruled that the 1-year-old girl is a child in need of care, he said the rest of the court proceedings with Glass and Hernandez present were closed to an Eagle reporter who was allowed to cover the child-in-need-of-care portion.

?It was reported that when asked about his bruises, all Lucas would say is that (Glass) 'doesn?t like me any more,'" it says.
    That poor little boy.

http://www.kake.com/story/38151794/l...d-with-battery

Wichita Police arrested Jonathan Hernandez Wednesday for abusing the 6-year-old son of Emily Glass, Lucas' stepmother. A police report showed the crime happened February 5, less than two weeks before Lucas was reported missing.

The Sedgwick County district attorney's office said in an email that 34-year-old Jonathan Hernandez appeared in court Wednesday morning and was charged with misdemeanor battery. He's scheduled for a bench trial on May 23.

In a statement, the district attorney said the case is not related to Lucas' disappearance.

Volunteers with the Kansas Search Team were at the Sedgwick County Courthouse Wednesday, holding signs with Lucas' name.

"Trying to kind of put myself in Lucas' position, to almost wonder what is it that he really went through living in that household," said Misty Cox, with the Kansas Search Team.

Maybe it is me, but this sentence makes no sense given he is the father of Lucas.

Wichita Police arrested Jonathan Hernandez Wednesday for abusing the 6-year-old son of Emily Glass, Lucas' stepmother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Maybe it is me, but this sentence makes no sense given he is the father of Lucas.
    Sounds to me like they are referring to Emily's son, which would be Jonathan's stepson.

Sounds to me like they are referring to Emily's son, which would be Jonathan's stepson.
    You are totally right. Thanks, Nic.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/jury-f...ent/1182748910

A jury found Emily Glass not guilty of child endangerment Wednesday morning. She is now free to go. The case was not connected to Lucas Hernandez. Lucas has been missing since February.

Glass was on trial after she was accused of endangering her 1-year-old daughter. Prosecutors said she got high on weed and drove her to the Olive Garden to eat on February 16 this year.

During the trial, Assistant District Attorney Monika Hoyt told jurors that Glass admitted to smoking weed and later driving with her daughter in the car to police. Hoyt also told jurors about a jailhouse confession by a woman who says Glass admitted the same thing to her.

been missing since February.

Glass was on trial after she was accused of endangering her 1-year-old daughter. Prosecutors said she got high on weed and drove her to the Olive Garden to eat on February 16 this year.

During the trial, Assistant District Attorney Monika Hoyt told jurors that Glass admitted to smoking weed and later driving with her daughter in the car to police. Hoyt also told jurors about a jailhouse confession by a woman who says Glass admitted the same thing to her.

Defense attorney Julia Leth-Perez told jurors the state did not have enough evidence. A jury decided with the defense on the case.

"Till this day, no one knows or can prove that she ever has ingested marijuana, ever," said Julia Leth-Perez.

KSN talked with Sedgwick County District Attorney Marc Bennett after the verdict. He said he was disappointed he didn't get a conviction, and he said it was a difficult case to prove. Again, he pointed it had nothing to do with Lucas.

Thread Information