Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lucas Hernandez (5) was found dead three months after he went missing

Lucas Hernandez (5) missing from Wichita, KS since 2/17/18

Surprised there wasnt a thread for this one yet.

It?s been a week since 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez was reported missing, and a second search of Chisholm Creek Park on Friday came up empty, Wichita police said.

Authorities had previously searched the park on Monday, but Officer Paul Cruz said ?a new tip? prompted ?a strategic search? of a portion of the park Friday afternoon. The search included K-9 units and Sedgwick County Sheriff?s deputies.

?We want to be very thorough,? Cruz said in a media briefing late Friday afternoon. ?We want to make sure that we search every inch of this park that was of interest to us.?

Asked on Saturday morning if there were any overnight developments, Cruz said, ?Not at this time, we just ask the public to call in with any information.?
    http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article201950384.html

WICHITA, Kan. -- The father and stepmother of a 5-year-old Kansas boy who has been missing since Saturday had a volatile relationship, according to police records.

Emily Glass, 26, the stepmother of Lucas Hernandez, was arrested Wednesday and jailed on two counts of endangering a child involving Lucas and another child. She remained jailed Thursday and has not been officially charged.
    http://abc7chicago.com/records-missi...nship/3131755/

Quote Originally Posted by poeticchaos View Post
    Surprised there wasnt a thread for this one yet.
    It is under the Missing Persons without social media profiles.

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...08#post3756508 Maybe a Mod can merge this with that thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article202053314.html

Lucas Hernandez has been missing for more than a week. The search continues
    Officer Paul Cruz said there are no updates on the search as of 8 a.m. Sunday — eight days after Lucas was first reported missing.

Police have said the second search for Lucas in Chisholm Creek Park on Friday came up empty. Authorities had previously searched the park on Monday, but Cruz said “a new tip” prompted “a strategic search” of a portion of the park Friday afternoon. The search included K-9 units and Sedgwick County Sheriff’s deputies.

“We want to be very thorough,” Cruz said in a media briefing late Friday afternoon. “We want to make sure that we search every inch of this park that was of interest to us.”
    Police said the best way for the public to help is to share photos of Lucas. If you have any information about Lucas, police ask that you call the tip line at 316-383-4661
    Yeah, they've got nothing.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Ste...475174883.html

Stepmom of Lucas Hernandez charged with child endangerment

The stepmother of a missing five-year-old Wichita boy is charged with one count of child endangerment.

Emily Glass appeared before a Sedgwick County District Court judge Monday afternoon and heard the single charge against her.

According to the complaint, Glass permitted a one-year-old child "to be placed in a situation in which the child's life, body or health may be endangered" on Feb. 16, the day before she reported Lucas missing.

A spokesperson for the Sedgwick County District Attorney's Office said Glass was not charged with a second count of child endangerment because the case involving Lucas' disappearance is a part of an ongoing investigation.

Her bond is at 50k. That's a lot.

I wonder why they keep searching parks. Why not try searching woods or far out areas?

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    Her bond is at 50k. That's a lot.

I wonder why they keep searching parks. Why not try searching woods or far out areas?
    Looks like they're finally doing that. Took them long enough.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article203296564.html

Residents have started their own searches, and Davidson has asked that volunteers be careful about trespassing on private property. He also asked that people call 911 or 316-383-4661 if they see something out of the ordinary that may be associated with the case, which has been deemed a criminal investigation. If you find something that may be evidence, don’t disturb it, Davidson said.

A search group called Texas EquuSearch said they’ll be in Wichita Saturday.

Missing Pieces Network, an organization that works closely with law enforcement and fire departments to assist in search and rescues, said in a Facebook post that the family is asking private land owners in Wichita and surrounding counties for help.

“They are asking the public to check their properties — including farm land, wooded areas, ponds and outbuildings — for anything suspicious,” the post said.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/03/06/t...g-wichita-boy/

Texas Search Team Unable To Find Missing Wichita Boy

The Wichita Eagle reports that Texas EquuSearch arrived in Wichita on Saturday to look for Lucas Hernandez. The team of volunteers searches for lost and missing people.

Wichita Police Officer Charley Davidson says that the group joined other volunteers and police in the search, but found nothing linked to Lucas, who has been missing now for more than two weeks.

Police don’t believe Lucas was abducted, and encourage people to continue sending tips.

The step mother more than likely killed him. Poor baby.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...204674149.html

Police close tip line for missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez; EquuSearch returns

Wichita police have closed the tip line for a boy who has been missing for 23 days due to a drop-off in tips.

Police continue to ask for tips from the public in the case of missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez, Officer Charley Davidson said. Fewer tips are coming in, he said, so police closed the emergency operations center tip line and are asking tipsters to call detectives or Crime Stoppers.
    Police are also working with Texas EquuSearch, a mounted search and rescue team for missing persons, Davidson said.

EquuSearch came to Wichita to join the search for Lucas on March 3, but suspended its search on March 5 to work on another case. The group returned to Wichita on Monday, a post on their website said.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Missing boy's dad would welcome stepmom home if she can win release from jail

The father of a missing Wichita boy says he would welcome his wife home if she can win release from jail.

Jonathan Hernandez?s wife, Emily Glass, is seeking a lower bond so she can go home.

Glass is being held in jail on a $50,000 bond, charged with a misdemeanor ? endangering the couple?s 1-year-old daughter. Before she was charged, police announced that she had also been arrested on suspicion of endangering her missing 5-year-old stepson, Lucas Hernandez. Prosecutors charged her only with endangering her daughter.

In a phone interview with The Eagle on Monday ? the 23rd day that his son, Lucas, has been missing ? Jonathan Hernandez said: ?I am standing by her until either some other information comes out or something about the case breaks. If it involves her, obviously it would be different. Obviously, my thoughts would be changing if she was implicated in any way involving Lucas.?

Still, he said, ?Everybody has to be innocent until they?re proven guilty.?

There shouldn?t be a lynch-mob mentality against his wife, he said.

?I realize it?s frustrating for the public not to know? what happened to Lucas, he said.

He added he remains hopeful that his son will be found OK.

If his wife can obtain a lower bond and get out of jail, it would benefit her and their children ? their daughter and Lucas, Hernandez said.

?I?m sure we have a lot of things to do personally between her and me? if she gets released, he said.

Glass is asking a judge to change her bond so she can be released from jail and have contact with her family and other children.

?Defendant does not pose a threat or harm to the community,? her attorney contended in a court document filed in Sedgwick County District Court on Friday.

Wichita police and the FBI have been conducting a criminal investigation of the boy?s disappearance. Police, volunteers and a national group have assisted in looking for Lucas.

Glass?s attorney says that the stepmother?s $50,000 bond is too high.

Glass has been held in the Sedgwick County Jail since Feb. 21 on a charge of misdemeanor child endangerment. The charge alleges that she endangered her 1-year-old daughter.
    http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204752704.html

Man she really hid his body well.

http://www.kansas.com/latest-news/article204885094.html

Emily Glass told a police detective that the day before her stepson, Lucas Hernandez, disappeared, ?she smoked a few bowls? of marijuana, then drove her 1-year-old daughter to Olive Garden for dinner.

That new information is in a police affidavit released Tuesday. The affidavit was used as part of the legal basis for arresting Glass, who is charged with misdemeanor child endangerment of her 1-year-old daughter.

The court document gives this account: At 6:14 p.m. Feb. 17, Wichita police officers were dispatched to a home on South Edgemoor to a ?lost juvenile call.? The child was identified as 5-year-old LH, ?who was in the care of Emily A. Glass ? at their residence? along with a 1-year-old child.

After police Detective Ryan Schomaker read Glass her Miranda rights, the affidavit says, Glass said that around 3:30 p.m. the day before the 5-year-old disappeared, ?she was cleaning then went to the garage to smoke marijuana ? she said she smoked a few bowls.?

Glass said she then became hungry and drove the 1-year-old to Olive Garden for dinner, it says. She said she spent about an hour at the restaurant before driving home with the 1-year-old.

Glass ?offered consent to search her phone,? the affidavit says. Records showed texts between Glass and someone identified only by initials as ?JH? the same day she drove to the restaurant.

She told JH that ?she was going to smoke a couple bowls of marijuana and go to Olive Garden and use the gift card JH had sent her,? the affidavit says.
    http://www.ksn.com/news/local/bond-r...dez/1045281002

Emily Glass, the stepmother of Lucas Hernandez, appeared in court Wednesday for a bond reduction hearing.

The motion was denied by a judge.

Glass asked that her $50,000 bond be lowered so she could be released from jail. She is being held in jail for a misdemeanor child endangerment charge involving her one-year-old daughter.

Lucas Hernandez, Glass' stepson, was reported missing February 17. Lucas has not been seen since. In court today, the judge said that charge and Lucas' disappearance plays a role in his decision.

"That ongoing investigation, in this court's opinions, makes Ms. Glass a flight risk," said the judge. "And that's just a reality. And that is not in any way suggesting in any way that Ms. Glass is guilty or not guilty in any kind of offense, but it's a reality."

An affidavit released Tuesday provided details on that case. If Glass is able to come up with the bond money, she will be held on house arrest and fitted with an ankle bracelet.

So is she saying she left Lucas alone at home when her & her one year old went to Olive Garden?

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    So is she saying she left Lucas alone at home when her & her one year old went to Olive Garden?
    She changed her story then. She originally said she was taking a nap.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

She changed her story then. She originally said she was taking a nap.
    Let's not jump to conclusions about "story changing". I *always* nap at Olive Garden. Always. Best naps. Breadsticks make an excellent pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

I think she went to Olive Garden the day before he went "missing." I believe she is still claiming she was sleeping when he supposedly went missing.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I think she went to Olive Garden the day before he went "missing." I believe she is still claiming she was sleeping when he supposedly went missing.
    You are correct. So I guess she left him alone 2 days in a row?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

You are correct. So I guess she left him alone 2 days in a row?
    I have no idea if the child was supposed to be with her on Olive Garden day, or maybe he was with his mom? I don't remember him being mentioned at all when the article was discussing her Olive Garden fun the day before.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I have no idea if the child was supposed to be with her on Olive Garden day, or maybe he was with his mom? I don't remember him being mentioned at all when the article was discussing her Olive Garden fun the day before.
    I was thinking she was supposed to be watching him, because why would they even mention it if she wasn't?

I was thinking she was supposed to be watching him, because why would they even mention it if she wasn't?
    I think so too. It's strange that she doesn't mention him - it's like he was already gone or something. Where was Lucas when you went to Olive Garden?

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...208094544.html

Why a dad wanted a judge to keep two sons away from stepmom of missing Lucas
    Twelve days before Emily Glass reported that her 5-year-old stepson — Lucas Hernandez — was missing, the father of her own young sons reported a safety concern to police after the boys visited her home.

On Feb. 5, the day after one of his two sons returned from visiting Glass and had red marks with visible fingerprints on his chest, the boys’ father filed a report with police “for the safety and welfare of the children,” a court document says.

According to the document — an affidavit from the father — Glass blamed the red marks on her boyfriend, Jonathan Hernandez, who is Lucas’ father.

But yet he is willing to support her if she is released? Or did he change his mind?

I can't believe this poor little boy hasn't been found yet

But yet he is willing to support her if she is released? Or did he change his mind?

I can't believe this poor little boy hasn't been found yet
    They are referring to the father of her children, not her husband.

They are referring to the father of her children, not her husband.
    Ohhhhhh! Thanks for clarifying :)

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/cri...208470554.html

Why a Texas private investigator needs $25,000 to look for missing Wichita boy

A GoFundMe effort seeks $28,000 in donations to hire a Texas private investigation firm to help find Lucas Hernandez, the 5-year-old Wichita boy missing for almost two months despite an extensive law enforcement investigation.

Of the $28,000 being sought, $25,000 is needed “up front” to hire the private investigator, according to an online letter attributed to Jonathan Hernandez, Lucas’ father. Hernandez couldn’t be reached Tuesday. The letter — titled “Help me find my boy!” — said an additional $3,000 that is being sought would help cover a GoFundMe processing fee. As of Tuesday, the fund had raised $1,805 in a day from 29 people.

Philip Klein, president of Klein Investigations and Consulting, on Tuesday confirmed that his hiring is dependent on $25,000 being raised to pay him. That amount is necessary to cover transportation and lodging costs for a team of investigators, Klein said. He said he would cover separate investigative costs. His business is in Nederland, in southeast Texas.
    GFM: https://www.gofundme.com/find-lucas-hernandez

Thread Information