Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at South Florida high school

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Too bad he didn't do this in the halls of Congress.

Bad form? Fuck you.

Children are dead, just like they were after Newtown, and nothing at all will be done. Not a goddamn thing. Why? Because, bottom line is that your legislators don't give a shit. They forget the whole "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" line that applies to everyone and cling to the one line that says "the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Never mind that children die, that doesn't really matter! All we care about is our gunnzzzz!!!

I'm a gun owner, I'm just not a giant pussy who has to be strapped like Rambo to go to Wal Mart. I don't carry at all, because I don't feel threatened and know very well how to handle myself.

But there's a population of this country that is mentally ill enough to believe that the Boogeyman is just around every corner waiting to kill him for his $5.00 belt buckle and the keys to his F150.

This was a problem kid. A problem kid with a gun obsession. Whether he developed that at home from mom and dad or watched one too many episodes of The A-Team remains to be seen.

One thing I know:

This has very little to do with guns, per se, and everything to do with the availability of these weapons getting into the hands of the mentally deranged, like this little prick.

But any time legislation is proposed to keep the mentally ill from getting their hands on guns, some dumbass gun loving fucknugget gets his panties in a twist and the legislation dies before it is even read through completely.

The last administration tried, but because this country is full of dipshits who can't read and or do higher math, let alone secure jobs that require more brainpower than brawn, gun laws have become less strict than they were just a few years ago.

Now another bunch of kids are dead. And it will never end until those legislators pull their fucking heads out of their ass - or someone shoots all of them, to get the message across.

A gun by itself is not dangerous. A gun in the hands of an asshole with an agenda is the most dangerous common threat there is.

I agree.
    And when NOTHING was done after Newtown, it kind of made me go numb.
    Kind of.
    Shock, anger, pain, numb. I mean, those kids were what- first graders? Or thereabouts.
    If nothing was done when LITTLE KIDS were shot & killed like fish in a barrel, what are the odds that this country will pass legislation to protect ANYONE from a maniac with a gun (or guns) & a sick mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Why was the shooter in a hospital gown when he was taken into custody?
    Earlier somewhere I read that after being apprehended, he was "having some trouble walking" and had thrown up some...
    Maybe they gave him the gown for a clean change of clothes.

Man, when I heard about this my first thought was "oh well." Of course I don't mean oh well, and this situation is terribly sad, but I'm just burnt out on emotional responses to shit like this. Like, I'm not the one who is consistently barring changes to the law that would prevent it or promoting toxic masculinity or refusing affordable mental healthcare. I'm just one person and feel completely stuck and unable to do anything about it. This is just reality and it's never going to change in this shithole country. This is me feeling defeated.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I just realised the shirt he is wearing has the school football emblem on it - Stoneman Douglas Eagles.

CNN was just saying that he got away by blending in with a group of kids. Looks like the choice of shirt was part of that plan.

I saw on the news this morning a report that the football coach who was killed threw himself in front of a group of students to protect them from the shooter. He died protecting those kids. That's a true fucking hero.
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins
    There's a guard on every door and a drink on every floor
    Overflowing with a thousand amens - Tom Petty

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Man, when I heard about this my first thought was "oh well." Of course I don't mean oh well, and this situation is terribly sad, but I'm just burnt out on emotional responses to shit like this. Like, I'm not the one who is consistently barring changes to the law that would prevent it or promoting toxic masculinity or refusing affordable mental healthcare. I'm just one person and feel completely stuck and unable to do anything about it. This is just reality and it's never going to change in this shithole country. This is me feeling defeated.
    Unfortunately I feel the exact same way.

Wow-fucking wow. So it's the student's fault, not Congress, the NRA, the President, and every other gun nut apologists, and the actual shooter. Like Kevansvault, I too have a gun, but there is a huge difference between having a hand gun in your house for protection, and wanting to walk around with multiple assault weapons strapped to you at all times-with no restrictions on purchase, like these gun lovers want to do. But of course it's the student's fault.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...gunman-n848246

President Donald Trump on Thursday said there were "many signs" the suspected shooter in the horrific attack at a high school in Parkland, Florida, was mentally disturbed and that his classmates should have reported him to authorities.

"So many signs that the Florida shooter was mentally disturbed, even expelled from school for bad and erratic behavior," Trump tweeted, referring to 19-year-old Nikolas Cruz, who was charged Thursday with 17 counts of pre-meditated murder. "Neighbors and classmates knew he was a big problem. Must always report such instances to authorities, again and again!"

Trump made no reference to guns or the AR-15 believed to have been used in the attack. The president is scheduled to address the nation about the shooting Thursday morning at 11:00 a.m., the White House announced. Trump did not speak on-camera about the attack on Wednesday.
    Trump on Florida shooting: Classmates, neighbors should have reported gunman Nikolas Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

Wow-fucking wow. So it's the student's fault, not Congress, the NRA, the President, and every other gun nut apologists, and the actual shooter.
    ...or THE FBI:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasack...bzR#.ncD2v9Q6P

Trump on Florida shooting: Classmates, neighbors should have reported gunman Nikolas Cruz[/QUOTE]

Also, Scott Biegel, a 35-year old geography teacher, has reportedly died shielding students from the gunfire. A student on CNN was talking about how he saved her life.

Here's a link to the article that has information on the confirmed victims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pictured.html
    I'm moving on alone over ground that no one owns past statues that atone for my sins

Now what are they going to say?

(CNN) —
    The FBI was warned in September about a possible school shooting threat from a YouTube user with the same name as the suspect in Wednesday's campus massacre in Parkland, Florida, according to a video blogger.

Ben Bennight, a 36-year-old YouTube video blogger from Mississippi, noticed in September an alarming comment on a video he'd posted. He told CNN he immediately contacted the FBI.

"Im going to be a professional school shooter," read the comment, left by a user with the name Nikolas Cruz, the same name as that of the suspected shooter who is accused of opening fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Wednesday, killing at least 17 people.
    http://www.kcra.com/article/fbi-was-...-says/18194517

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

And then this....the FBI followed up on the guy's tip right after the shooting? They waited until something happened? Yikes.

Then, on Wednesday afternoon, after Cruz was arrested, Bennight got a call from an agent in the FBI's Miami field office, who wanted to follow up on the September incident, he said. A few hours later, FBI agents from the Mississippi office paid Bennight another visit.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

So people did report him, and it did nothing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I know the ages are off but didn't an article say he had a brother and that he was also in trouble too? In January there was a youtube video of guys playing Fortnight or whatever and a guy kept saying he was going to shoot up schools in Pittsburgh causing them to go into a lockdown. It was a hoax caused by a 21 male from Broward County.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ci...s/201801290069

[quote] “I’m shooting up schools, bro,” the male says in a rambling rant. “As many as I can before I get killed by the cops.”

The male also claims to have two AK-47s and a handgun and says he hates people. /[quote]

Those men who put themselves in front of those kids, amazing. That is a level of bravery few people know.

Is there a discussion about this under deaths, or am I missing something?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Build that wall!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Here ya go:

Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Was a Member of White Supremacist Group
    http://time.com/5160819/parkland-sho...emacist-group/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Build that wall!
    Seriously. It'll be back to that before these victims are even buried. What this country has become makes me sick sometimes. The stupid, bigoted bullshit that gets prioritized over the real problems that effect people - CHILDREN - makes my head spin. None of it should shock me anymore, but I won't let it stop shocking me because once you get complacent they win.

Guys, we need that wall to keep "outsiders" out for our safety!

We can kill each other all by ourselves.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Seriously. It'll be back to that before these victims are even buried. What this country has become makes me sick sometimes. The stupid, bigoted bullshit that gets prioritized over the real problems that effect people - CHILDREN - makes my head spin. None of it should shock me anymore, but I won't let it stop shocking me because once you get complacent they win.
    Don't ever read the comment section. Holy shit, they've officially gone off the deep end.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Don't ever read the comment section. Holy shit, they've officially gone off the deep end.
    Oh, I've already fallen into that trap.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...200220844.html

The victims of the Douglas High mass shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Video from a student inside of a classroom after the shooting. NSFW and kind of graphic

https://twitter.com/TheDJLegacy/stat...16390624350209

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    Video from a student inside of a classroom after the shooting. NSFW and kind of graphic

Won't play for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post

Fuck. That's all I can come up with to say.

Thread Information