Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Parkland high school in Florida

I saw on the news this morning a report that the football coach who was killed threw himself in front of a group of students to protect them from the shooter. He died protecting those kids. That's a true fucking hero.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Man, when I heard about this my first thought was "oh well." Of course I don't mean oh well, and this situation is terribly sad, but I'm just burnt out on emotional responses to shit like this. Like, I'm not the one who is consistently barring changes to the law that would prevent it or promoting toxic masculinity or refusing affordable mental healthcare. I'm just one person and feel completely stuck and unable to do anything about it. This is just reality and it's never going to change in this shithole country. This is me feeling defeated.
    Unfortunately I feel the exact same way.

Wow-fucking wow. So it's the student's fault, not Congress, the NRA, the President, and every other gun nut apologists, and the actual shooter.
    ...or THE FBI:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasack...bzR#.ncD2v9Q6P

Trump on Florida shooting: Classmates, neighbors should have reported gunman Nikolas Cruz[/QUOTE]

Also, Scott Biegel, a 35-year old geography teacher, has reportedly died shielding students from the gunfire. A student on CNN was talking about how he saved her life.

Here's a link to the article that has information on the confirmed victims.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-pictured.html

Now what are they going to say?

(CNN) —
    The FBI was warned in September about a possible school shooting threat from a YouTube user with the same name as the suspect in Wednesday's campus massacre in Parkland, Florida, according to a video blogger.

Ben Bennight, a 36-year-old YouTube video blogger from Mississippi, noticed in September an alarming comment on a video he'd posted. He told CNN he immediately contacted the FBI.

"Im going to be a professional school shooter," read the comment, left by a user with the name Nikolas Cruz, the same name as that of the suspected shooter who is accused of opening fire at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Wednesday, killing at least 17 people.
    http://www.kcra.com/article/fbi-was-...-says/18194517

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

And then this....the FBI followed up on the guy's tip right after the shooting? They waited until something happened? Yikes.

Then, on Wednesday afternoon, after Cruz was arrested, Bennight got a call from an agent in the FBI's Miami field office, who wanted to follow up on the September incident, he said. A few hours later, FBI agents from the Mississippi office paid Bennight another visit.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

So people did report him, and it did nothing.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I know the ages are off but didn't an article say he had a brother and that he was also in trouble too? In January there was a youtube video of guys playing Fortnight or whatever and a guy kept saying he was going to shoot up schools in Pittsburgh causing them to go into a lockdown. It was a hoax caused by a 21 male from Broward County.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ci...s/201801290069

[quote] “I’m shooting up schools, bro,” the male says in a rambling rant. “As many as I can before I get killed by the cops.”

The male also claims to have two AK-47s and a handgun and says he hates people. /[quote]

Those men who put themselves in front of those kids, amazing. That is a level of bravery few people know.

Is there a discussion about this under deaths, or am I missing something?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Build that wall!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Here ya go:

Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Was a Member of White Supremacist Group
    http://time.com/5160819/parkland-sho...emacist-group/

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Build that wall!
    Seriously. It'll be back to that before these victims are even buried. What this country has become makes me sick sometimes. The stupid, bigoted bullshit that gets prioritized over the real problems that effect people - CHILDREN - makes my head spin. None of it should shock me anymore, but I won't let it stop shocking me because once you get complacent they win.

Guys, we need that wall to keep "outsiders" out for our safety!

We can kill each other all by ourselves.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Seriously. It'll be back to that before these victims are even buried. What this country has become makes me sick sometimes. The stupid, bigoted bullshit that gets prioritized over the real problems that effect people - CHILDREN - makes my head spin. None of it should shock me anymore, but I won't let it stop shocking me because once you get complacent they win.
    Don't ever read the comment section. Holy shit, they've officially gone off the deep end.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Don't ever read the comment section. Holy shit, they've officially gone off the deep end.
    Oh, I've already fallen into that trap.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/loca...200220844.html

The victims of the Douglas High mass shooting
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Why?

Because I don't like anal penetration sex between men, I don't.

Just because I don't like anal sex, doesn't make me any less gay or unable to be loved.

I can't be the only one out here, I'm just not. Don't worry about it. Mind your fucking business.

Video from a student inside of a classroom after the shooting. NSFW and kind of graphic

https://twitter.com/TheDJLegacy/stat...16390624350209

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    Video from a student inside of a classroom after the shooting. NSFW and kind of graphic

Won't play for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post

Fuck. That's all I can come up with to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I forgot it was Valentines Day. I wonder if he was an Incel man child, or just mentally ill.
    He looks like he has fetal alcohol syndrome. He and his brother are both adopted, and I've read about people adopting babies without knowing they had this affliction.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Man, when I heard about this my first thought was "oh well." Of course I don't mean oh well, and this situation is terribly sad, but I'm just burnt out on emotional responses to shit like this. Like, I'm not the one who is consistently barring changes to the law that would prevent it or promoting toxic masculinity or refusing affordable mental healthcare. I'm just one person and feel completely stuck and unable to do anything about it. This is just reality and it's never going to change in this shithole country. This is me feeling defeated.

Hugs.
    I feel much the same.
    [quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211093#msg211093 date=1172939327]<br />Thank you! Good Karma for you! I&#39;m sick of everyone using &quot;bi-polar&quot; as an excuse for violent behavior. Pet peeve here. :2angry:<br />[/quote][quote author=Olivia link=topic=5272.msg

Jezzebelle, our kids have lockdown drills the same as we had fire drills. I?m in NB

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Reporting people does nothing. There's no laws on the books that says people can't say threatening things. What would they book him for? What legal standing would they have to take his weapons away?

NONE.

If they DID pass a law, that would just make these psychos keep quiet and still pull off these shootings. The common denominator in all of these massacres are GUNS. The government is letting the NRA fuck us all up the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Reporting people does nothing. There's no laws on the books that says people can't say threatening things. What would they book him for? What legal standing would they have to take his weapons away?

NONE.

If they DID pass a law, that would just make these psychos keep quiet and still pull off these shootings. The common denominator in all of these massacres are GUNS. The government is letting the NRA fuck us all up the ass.
    I agree there is probably nothing that could have done, but trying to make it seem like those around him knew he was a loose cannon and did nothing is not cool....

Thread Information