Thread: Wynter Parker (2) was found frozen to death on the porch of her home

Wynter Parker (2) was found frozen to death on the porch of her home

Authorities in Ohio are trying to figure out how a 2-year-old girl died after she was found unresponsive in frigid weather Friday laying on the front porch of an apartment building.

The girl was found by her mother outside the building in Akron, and the woman then frantically called 911.

Akron Police told FOX8 they were called to the home around 3:30 p.m. by a woman who told the 911 dispatcher she found her daughter "frozen" outside.

?You're gonna carefully tilt the head back, you're gonna pinch her nose closed and completely cover her mouth with your mouth and blow two regular breaths into the lungs," said the dispatcher, trying to give mouth-to-mouth resuscitation instructions, on the 911 call obtained by FOX8.

The Summit County Medical Examiner?s Office identified the girl Monday as Wynter Parker, according to FOX8. The medical examiner's office said the toddler suffered severe hypothermia, but an official cause of death has not yet been determined. Temperatures in Akron on Friday ranged between 12 and 19 degrees.

Akron Police have not yet released the mother's name, and said they are still investigating the incident.

A neighbor told FOX8 she would occasionally hear people arguing outside the apartment and the woman, who lived in the apartment with the toddler and a boy, had left both children outside alone before.

"I've had to take the baby home because she'll be outside playing, it was a few times that I had to take both of her kids home," Crystal Lucas told FOX8.

Lucas said she was surprised when police officers knocked on her door Friday.

"I cried because I just don't understand how a 2-year-old could be outside and you not know," she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/05...h-outside.html

Wynter. Parker.

My drug addicted neighbors had their daughter outside in only a diaper like 6 years ago and she couldn't open the door to get in. It wasn't this freezing, but it wasn't warm out. We took her to our apartment's office and called the cops. the cops just brought her back and didn't do anything else, even though it took the cops 10 mins of pounding on the door to get them to answer and you could tell the dad had just been woken up.

I mean, I'm not saying it's drugs...but it's probably drugs. Poor baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

A toddler who was found by her mother on a porch in freezing temperatures and later died had wandered from home when her father fell asleep, police said Monday.

Two-year-old Wynter Parker's mother left for a few hours Friday afternoon only to come back and find her unresponsive on their apartment's front porch, authorities said. The Akron Beacon Journal reports she called 911 and screamed "she's frozen."

The girl later died at a hospital. Temperatures on Friday ranged between 12 and 19 degrees Fahrenheit (-11 and -7 degrees Celsius).

The mother left Wynter with her father for about two hours at the family's apartment, and authorities said the father, who works a night shift, fell asleep.

No charges have been filed, but an investigation is continuing. Results from an autopsy are pending.

A memorial of stuffed animals was on the porch of the family's apartment building.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8196366.html

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Wynter. Parker.
    This took me back to primary school.
    Where I'd wear my winter parker, in winter.

RIP, little girl 😔

Thread Information