Thread: Blake Smith (20) was found dead in a creek after he had been reported missing

Blake Smith (20) was found dead in a creek after he had been reported missing

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...student_1.html

Blake Ryan Smith's car was found with the engine running at a construction site late Saturday night. The 20 year-old's college roommate raised the alarm when he did not return home at the usual time. The college contacted police and his parents.

Smith's father traced his son's phone to the construction site where his car was discovered with the door open. His phone was on the seat, according to multiple Facebook messages from friends and family.

"Police think the car was stolen," said Smith's aunt, Jill Basher Williams, when she spoke to AL.com Sunday afternoon. "The canine unit did not detect his scent outside of the car."
    A picture shared by Blake Smith.

Smith, 20, is a student at Crown College, a bible college around 10 miles north-west from Knoxville.

Williams also said that her nephew posted what she described as a cryptic Instagram picture of a lake not long before he went missing. "We're not sure if he was trying to tell us something," she said.

Smith's family are trying to work out where the lake is.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

Why would someone steal his car just to dump it at a construction site? And why didn't they steal his phone?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Last edited by Olivia; 02-07-2018 at 02:02 PM.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    And here is a missing page for him: https://www.facebook.com/BlakeSmithM...ur&pnref=story

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

The friend reported him missing pretty quick. I mean how did he know he was missing and not hooked up w a girl?

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...lay/306318002/

Body recovered near missing Crown College student's car; police investigating

Authorities recovered the unidentified body of a young man in a creek Monday afternoon, about a quarter-mile from where the car of a missing college student was found wrecked at a construction site.

Blount County Sheriff James Berrong said the car, a 2014 tan Toyota Camry, belonged to 20-year-old Blake Smith, though police have not yet confirmed whether the body recovered nearby is Smith. They said they suspect foul play.

Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...d_in_tenn.html

Family says body found in Tennessee creek was missing Trussville man

"It is with heavy hearts that we confirm that it was our beautiful, beloved Blake Smith that has passed into glory,'' according to a Tuesday post on the Facebook page dedicated to updates in his disappearance.

The Knox County Coroner's Office in Tennessee said it couldn't release any information on the case. Blount County, Tenn. sheriff's officials have not released an update in the case since the body was recovered.
    The cause of death has not been released, but Williams said his death was the result of foul play. She said she couldn't release any additional information at this time

http://time.com/5140290/blake-smith-missing-tennessee/

An autopsy confirms the body recovered from a Tennessee creek is that of a missing college student from Alabama.

The Blount County Sheriff’s Office said in a release Tuesday that 20-year-old Blake Ryan Smith’s death appears accidental and was likely caused by hypothermia and drowning. Smith’s body was pulled from Georges Creek on Monday, less than a mile from the construction site where his wrecked car was found.

His aunt, Jill Brasher Williams, told The Tennessean the family believes Smith’s death was “foul play,” despite the preliminary ruling.

The family has said that his friends found the car still running, with a cinder block on the gas pedal.

A cinder block on the gas pedal does not seem very accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygo View Post
    A cinder block on the gas pedal does not seem very accidental.
    Agreed. Are they thinking he did it himself? Or maybe he was trying to get away from someone, jumped in the water and drowned? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

I think the car was found some distance away from where his body ended up being located.

Thread Information