Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur charged with 5 deaths in Toronto, Canada-police searching for more victims

Alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur charged with 5 deaths in Toronto, Canada-police searching for more victims

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...kton-1.4509608

At first hesitant to use the term, police are now clearly calling the case of Toronto landscaper Bruce McArthur, who is charged with killing five men, a serial killer case while some crime experts are drawing parallels with notorious B.C. serial killer Robert Pickton.

Police had been leading an investigation into the disappearances of three men from Toronto's Gay Village between 2010 and 2012 but had resisted calls from some in the community to link the disappearances to a potential serial killer.

But on Monday, as police announced more charges had been laid, Det.-Sgt Hank Idsing said unequivocally that the crimes were indeed the work of a "serial killer" and that Toronto police had "never seen anything quite like this with the number of crime scenes that we have to process."

McArthur, 66, who had already been charged in the deaths of Selim Esen, 44, and Andrew Kinsman 49, who disappeared from downtown Toronto last April and June, respectively, faces three additional first-degree murder charges in the deaths of Majeed Kayhan, 58, Soroush Mahmudi, 50, and Dean Lisowick, 47.

The three additional counts were announced as investigators also revealed that they discovered dismembered remains in the bottom of large planters after searching a property at Mallory Crescent in midtown Toronto that was linked to the self-employed landscaper.

Investigators are scouring about 30 Toronto properties to which McArthur had access, believing more remains may be found.
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police...urce-1.3781786

Police found man tied up at McArthur's apartment: source

Police found a young man tied up inside suspected serial killer Bruce McArthur?s apartment on the day they burst in and arrested him, CTV News has learned.

Police were surveilling McArthur when they saw the young man enter his home on Jan. 18, prompting them to go in after him out of concern for his safety, CTV News has independently confirmed. The man was freed from his bonds and was not injured.
    The police are asking his landscape clients to let them search their yards, as they believe there are more body parts hidden in the clients yards. Many of the body parts they found where in flower pots in one client's yard.

Bruce McArthur:

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

They're expecting to find more victims. He's probably been doing this for years and getting away with it.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Just crazy.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Imagine finding a arm in your plot of tulips one day?
    I never shed a tear when confederates are mauled. Personal policy.
    animosity

They always said he had a green thumb.

Everything's coming up Rosie (or Tom, or Alan, or whoever the last person to go missing was)

I am going to say this all stemmed from something.

He seemed to only be killing gay people, but then he started killing people with Middle Eastern names too. I guess he decided to branch out.

Ok, I'll stop there.

I live about 70 miles from Toronto and they're now looking into missing persons from here being potentially connected to this man.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...er-update.html

Toronto police have now recovered the remains of six individuals in an investigation into what they have described as the work of a serial killer.

Bruce McArthur, 66, has been charged with five counts of first-degree murder in the disappearances of Andrew Kinsman, Selim Esen, Majeed Kayhan, Soroush Mahmudi and Dean Lisowick.

Speaking Thursday at a home on Mallory Cres., near Bayview and Moore Aves., where Bruce McArthur mowed the owner?s lawn in exchange for storing landscaping equipment in the garage, Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga said Kinsman?s remains are among those recovered.

Idsinga also said police have now found the remains of six people.

Investigators have expanded their search to more than 30 properties tied to McArthur?s landscaping business.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Everything's coming up Rosie (or Tom, or Alan, or whoever the last person to go missing was)

He seemed to only be killing gay people, but then he started killing people with Middle Eastern names too. I guess he decided to branch out.

Ok, I'll stop there.
    LOL 😂

Many serial killers in the past have had a certain look to them. This guy just looks like someone's grandpa.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/us/to...ler/index.html

So far, McArthur is accused of killing Andrew Kinsman, 49; Selim Esen, 44; Majeed Kayhan, 58; Dean Lisowick, 47; and Soroush Mahmudi, 50.

But police have said more victims could be discovered soon.

Investigators found the remains of three victims in potted plants last week, and police said they had found at least three more remains on Friday. Of those six sets of remains, one has been identified as belonging to Kinsman. The five other remains are still unidentified.

Police said even though remains recovered so far have not been linked to the four men named as victims in addition to Kinsman, investigators have "sufficient evidence" to believe they were killed.

Police say he's a serial killer who buried his victims' remains in potted plants

All of the remains found so far were located at one property where McArthur stored his landscaping equipment. The expanding investigation is now focusing on that property and one other location closely connected to McArthur.

Both locations will be excavated by investigators for evidence, but the excavation of one property has been partly held up by the frozen winter ground in Toronto, where it was 23 degrees Fahrenheit (minus-4 degrees Celsius) Friday afternoon. Toronto police said they have been heating the ground at that property for over a week to thaw it and allow for a fuller excavation.

In addition, police have seized a total of 15 planters from several properties that investigators say could contain more evidence or remains. McArthur is connected to up to 30 properties, and officials have asked more of his landscaping clients to come forward.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Thus far I have only been able to find the following FB page

Andrew Kinsman: https://www.facebook.com/andrew.kinsman.31

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

Well, he does look the part.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/12/us/to...aus/index.html

McArthur, who is charged with five counts of murder and is alleged to have hidden some victims' remains in planters around Toronto, served as Santa Claus at Agincourt Mall in the Scarborough neighborhood of the city.

"He was hired through an event management company who provides various forms of entertainers including Santa to many events throughout the (Greater Toronto area)," a statement from the mall said.

"There were no reported incidents by customers or by store and mall employees during his time at the mall."
    The statement from the mall provided no further details of his employment.

Ok, I'll stop there.
    This made me laugh harder than it should have
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

YIKES 😳

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/ameri...ler/index.html

New murder charge announced against suspected Toronto serial killer

Toronto police announced a new charge Friday against alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

Investigators added a first-degree murder charge to the five McArthur is already facing in connection with missing persons cases that date back as far as 2010.

The latest charge is for the death of Skandaraj "Skanda" Navaratnam, 40, who was last seen September 6, 2010, according to Detective Sgt. Hank Idsinga. Navaratnam was reported missing by a close friend 10 days later.
    Navaratnam's remains are among those discovered in planters found at a property linked to McArthur, Idsinga said Friday.

Investigators also identified some of the remains as belonging to Soroush Mahmudi. McArthur has already been charged in connection with Mahmudi's death.

The remains of Andrew Kinsman, which were previously identified, also were found on the property.

Idsinga said they are using fingerprints, dental records and DNA analysis to identify the remains. Investigators are awaiting confirmation on the identities of at least three more victims found in the planters.

Idsinga said he believes there could be more victims, but he has "no idea" how many.

I've been landscaping for about 15 years and have become pretty good at bullshitting my way through jobs where I lack enough proper materials but I haven't pulled this off...yet. Respect.

W5 aired a mini documentary about the information released so far and interviewed some friends of the victims. Not sure if it's available to view outside of Canada but here's the link:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/missing-me...tary-1.3807002

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...serial-n851211

Unexpected victim may have revealed Canada's 'Gay Village' serial killer

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    I've been landscaping for about 15 years and have become pretty good at bullshitting my way through jobs where I lack enough proper materials but I haven't pulled this off...yet. Respect.
    If I ever need to hide bodies I'm hitting you up.

Welcome back, BTW.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    If I ever need to hide bodies I'm hitting you up.

Welcome back, BTW.
    I have a wood chipper too!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BradfordCocks View Post
    I have a wood chipper too!

Thanks!
    HANDY!
    Oh well, back to gum.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    HANDY!
    I am keeping my eye on you 2.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=53528049

7th set of remains linked to alleged 'planter pot' serial killer, police say

Toronto Police announced today that a 7th set of remains has been found related to the investigation of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

In a press conference Monday, Toronto Police Detective Hank Idsinga released a photograph of the deceased male and asked for anyone with information about his identity to come forward, after trying without success to identify him.

"I do not want to release this picture and am doing so as a last resort," Idsinga said.

Idsinga said it is not yet clear if the 7th set of remains are definitively from the man in the photo they released.

He confirmed the 7th set of remains were found in planter pots on 7 Mallory Crescent, a property where McArthur worked as a landscaper and where other sets of remains were also found in planter pots.
    http://torontosun.com/news/local-new...-mcarthur-case

FFS
    Oh well, back to gum.

One of my closest friends who is gay lives right in the heart of this neighborhood where most of the bodies have been found. It's been a terrifying time for them. They all knew there was a serial killer out there but it seems no one was taking them seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Thread Information