Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two people have been arrested over the deaths of Breezy Otteson (17) and Riley Powell (18) after their bodies were found in a mine shaft

Two people have been arrested over the deaths of Breezy Otteson (17) and Riley Powell (18) after their bodies were found in a mine shaft

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/01/...missing-teens/

Searchers found a Jeep belonging to two missing teens in Juab County on Thursday, but said there was ?no sign? of the teens.

Riley Powell, 18, and Brelynne ?Breezy? Otteson, 17, left Tooele in the Jeep about 9:30 a.m. Dec. 30. They two had been dating about four months, Otteson?s aunt Amanda Hunt said, and were planning to head to the home they share in Eureka. But they haven?t been seen or heard from since.
    http://kutv.com/news/local/cops-now-...hly-suspicious

In a statement released Tuesday morning, the Juab County Sheriff?s Office said investigators now believe someone else dropped off Riley Powell?s Jeep near Cherry Creek Reservoir before it was discovered last week.

FB search page: https://www.facebook.com/SearchingForBreezyandRiley/

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-17-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Warrants reveal new evidence in case of two missing Utah teens

A pair of unsealed search warrants shed new light on the investigation of what happened to two teens who vanished in Juab County earlier this month.

The warrants were made public Wednesday and detail tips that investigators have received about the disappearance of Breezy Ottenson, 18, and Riley Powell, 18, who were last seen on Dec. 30 2017.

“Several leads regarding the whereabouts of the couple have been followed up on. Several stories that included a possible drug deal gone bad, in which the couple was harmed were mentioned,” the warrant states.

The warrant also revealed the couple was spotted in Eureka on the afternoon of December 30. Prior to the warrant’s revelation Wednesday, the last public reported sighting of the couple was when they left a family member’s home in Tooele County.

A search party found the couple’s Jeep in a remote stretch of mountain near Cherry Creek in Juab County on Jan. 11, 2018.

According to the warrant, the Jeep had two flat tires and three windows rolled down and several personal items were located inside.

“It appeared the vehicle was undisturbed, there was nothing that appeared out of the ordinary upon initial observation,” the warrant states.

Juab County investigators said publicly that foul play was suspected after the Jeep was found.
    http://kutv.com/news/local/warrants-...-missing-teens

It appeared the vehicle was undisturbed, there was nothing that appeared out of the ordinary upon initial observation,? the warrant states.

After stating this, I wonder what is was that made them suspect foul play?

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is the latest.

Tooele County Sheriff's Office
    Police search property of missing Eureka teen's mother

LOFGREEN, Tooele County — Investigators recently searched the property of the mother of a Eureka teen who has not been seen since Dec. 30, according to a new search warrant affidavit.

Riley Powell, 18, and Brelynne "Breezy" Otteson, 17, were officially reported missing Jan. 2 after embarking on a drive from Tooele to Eureka days earlier. On Jan. 11, Powell's missing Jeep was found partially hidden in trees, about a mile south of Cherry Creek Reservoir. The two passenger-side tires were flat.

Based on evidence collected at the scene, the Juab County Sheriff's Office announced that foul play is suspected in the couple's disappearance.

According to a warrant unsealed Monday in Tooele County's 3rd District Court: "The rear passenger tire had a puncture in the side wall that appeared to be straight in with a smaller flat shaped object. The front passenger tire had two punctures identical to the rear tire. There was no tear in the side wall that would indicate that the tires were moving when punctured."

A witness reported to investigators that a truck was spotted pulling a Jeep like "the one Riley is always driving" on Jan. 2 in the Lofgreen area, located off state Route 36 between Vernon and Eureka. The truck matched the description of a vehicle driven by the boyfriend of Powell's mother, the warrant states.

On Jan. 15, Tooele County sheriff's deputies and deputies from the Sanpete/Juab Major Crimes Task Force went to the property where Powell's mother lives with her boyfriend, Riley Powell's grandmother and the grandmother's boyfriend, the warrant states.

A camouflage tie down strap, identical to the one found in Powell's Jeep, was seized, according to the affidavit.

"Based on the above facts, it is suspected that the blue Chevy truck described above was used to transport, conceal, hide and plant the victims' vehicle in Cherry Creek at the location it was discovered, to give the illusion that the victims were indeed stranded," investigators wrote in the warrant.

Three of the residents, including Powell's mother and grandmother, willingly went to the Tooele County Sheriff's Office to be interviewed. The boyfriend of the mother did not, the warrant states.

Police say the three people who were interviewed had different accounts about where Powell's mother and her boyfriend were on New Year's Eve. She claimed she was at her residence. Two others said she was not, the affidavit says.

The warrant requested the use of K-9 and cadaver dogs to search the property.

Other items seized included a receipt from a store in Eureka dated Dec. 28, according to the warrant.

In previous court documents, it was revealed that the couple was seen in the Eureka area on the afternoon of Dec. 30 heading west on U.S. 6 out of town. The couple started driving on Dec. 30 and had planned to stop in Spanish Fork before going home to Eureka, where the two live with Powell's grandfather.

Juab County Sheriff Doug Anderson could not comment Monday on the search warrant. He said there are currently several "investigative leads" in the case but no persons of interest. He said several warrants had been served as part of the investigation and different leads are coming into his office each day.
    https://www.ksl.com/article/46253951...a-teens-mother

It sounds like Riley's mom and mom's bf had something to do with their deaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-murdered.html

Mom's facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/mistielee?r...c_location=ufi

The boyfriends'
    https://www.facebook.com/shepherds.b...c_location=ufi

They did a hell of a job of parenting.

All the stuff people are posting on her fb is pretty enertaining.
    Last edited by Jumaki15; 02-11-2018 at 06:32 PM.

Riley's family just seem like a bunch of meth heads.

Holy shit, the mom's page is a train wreck of comments.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    Holy shit, the mom's page is a train wreck of comments.
    Don't you just LOVE open fb accounts..

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/03/...s-near-eureka/

Police find two bodies, believed to be missing teenagers Breezy and Riley in an abandoned mine near Eureka.

How awful.

Wonder if anyone who called the mother a murderous ugly cunt on her Facebook page will apologize now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-old-man.html

Won't let me cut and paste. So, who is this dude? Everyone was SOOOOOOOOOOO sure it was family.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-old-man.html

Won't let me cut and paste. So, who is this dude? Everyone was SOOOOOOOOOOO sure it was family.
    I still think the meth head parents are somehow involved.

It wouldn't surprise me to find out they all hung out together and planned this in a way only meth heads can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jp1129 View Post
    Did you check out the groups she is in? It might be gone now, but here is my SS

[IMG][/IMG]

So is he confessing to killing other people then? Since he says he hasn't killed an innocent person before...

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...n_a_mine_shaft

Apparently Morgan has a string of dead partners -

I used to be good friends with Morgan but I cut her off about a year ago after discovering numerous lies she had told and things she had stolen from me. And the fact that most people who know her and her deceased husband Tregen Lewis (RIP) fully believe that his death was not a suicide but a homicide, she had murdered him. Then her last bf died in a car wreck that he insinuated abd basically caused. Now I find out that she has viciously taken the lives of these innocent teens...well I am just absolutely disgusted to think I ever even gave her the time of day. At first it was pure anger. Then I remembered her poor, sweet son, Enzo. And I burst into tears for him, for the teens and for their families. So many lives destroyed because 2 sick, pathetic, sad excuses for human beings decided to commit this strocious, viscious act of murder. Parents and siblings that will never see their sin and brother, their daughter and sister. A child who will need serious therapy just knowing what a monster his mother truly was and is. I am so thankful Enzo, who is the sweetest boy ever, has bit been in her custody for the past year and a half. My heart is heavy as it goes out to the families of these teens, to Enzo, and to all who have been impacted by the evil actions of these 2 disgusting lowlifes. May they get JUSTICE for what was taken from them...everything.

We actually already had Tregen on the site - http://mydeathspace.com/article/2016...ith_depression
    Last edited by Olivia; 04-03-2018 at 06:26 PM.

http://people.com/crime/utah-man-for...friend-murder/ A Utah man allegedly ?forced? a 17-year-old girl to kneel and watch as he stabbed her 18-year-old boyfriend, then slashed the girl?s throat before throwing both victims down an abandoned mine shaft, according to court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

?She was right there,? Utah County Sheriff?s Sgt. Spencer Cannon tells PEOPLE. ?Unless she closed her eyes, she would have had to see it.?

Victims Brelynne ?Breezy? Otteson and her boyfriend, Riley Powell, were reported missing Jan. 2. Their bodies were recovered months later, on March 28, based upon information from Baum?s girlfriend, who had been arrested on unrelated charges, the sheriff?s office said in a news release.

Prosecutors detailed the allegations in the newly released documents as suspect Jerrod William Baum, 41, briefly appeared in court Tuesday after being charged with aggravated murder, aggravated kidnapping, abuse or desecration of a human body and obstructing justice, among other counts, according to local news station KUTV, The Salt Lake Tribune and CBS News.

Baum has not yet entered a plea and is scheduled to be back in court with a public defender on April 26. No attorney was available to speak on his behalf.

He is being held in the Utah County jail with no bond. A charging document and probable cause affidavit, obtained by PEOPLE, allege that Baum kidnapped the teenage couple after they made a Dec. 29 visit to smoke marijuana at the residence Baum shared with his girlfriend, 34-year-old Morgan Henderson, and Baum?s father in Mammoth.

Otteson and Powell planned to return to their home in nearby Eureka but never made it.

Henderson told investigators that Baum had forbidden her from having ?guy friends.? After Henderson thought the teenagers had left the house, Baum took her outside and she saw Otteson and Powell in the back of Baum?s Jeep, where prosecutors say their hands and feet were bound and their mouths covered with duct tape, according to allegations in affidavit and charging document.

Baum made Henderson get into the Jeep with him and he drove to the Tintic Standard Mine, the documents allege. The tape at the teenagers? feet was cut so they could walk up to the mine, says Sheriff?s Sgt. Cannon. Henderson ?described that Brelynne was forced to kneel near the open mine pit and witness the beating of her boyfriend, Riley Powell, and his stabbing, before she had her throat cut and was also thrown into the open mine,? Henderson told investigators, according to the court documents.

Baum?s girlfriend ?also described [Baum] stabbing Riley Powell through the groin. Reports from the officer who attended the victim?s autopsies with the medical examiner corroborate Morgan?s statements and likely indicate she would have been present when the killings occurred.?

Henderson further told police that ?prior to the killings, [Baum] was operating under the belief that Brelynne was pregnant, having offered to Brelynne and Riley his congratulations as they walked from the car to the open mine shaft.?

However, prosecutors do not believe the victim was pregnant, said Deputy Utah County Attorney Chad Grunander at a news conference on Tuesday.

Grunander described the teenagers? deaths as ?heinous, depraved murders? but said his office has not yet decided whether to pursue the death penalty for Baum.

A charge against Henderson for alleged obstruction of justice is pending, Cannon tells PEOPLE.

According to a previously released affidavit in the case, Baum allegedly claimed to Henderson that after making Powell ?suffer,? he ?felt bad? about killing Otteson and ?made it quick and painless? for her.

Baum previously spent 11 years in federal prison on firearms and weapons charges, PEOPLE confirmed. He was released in July 2016 but was still on supervised parole when the teens were killed.

So is the killer Riley's mum's boyfriend?

Nope

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ah-couple.html

Jerrod Baum charged in deaths of Brelynne Otteson, 17, and Riley Powell, 18
    Morgan Henderson, 35, said Baum became enraged because the teen couple came over to their house to smoke marijuana with her in December 2017
    Baum bound the teens and put them in Powell's Jeep and had Henderson get in the car before he drove them to an abandoned mine shaft in the Utah desert
    Henderson said he made her and Otteson watch as he stabbed Powell to death
    Cradled Otteson as she cried, told her it would be ok, and allegedly slit her throat
    Their bodies were only found March 2018 after Henderson confessed to police

Thread Information