Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Kathleen West (42) was found dead outside her home

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I'm glad that this has finally gone to trial. He should have called the police if he wanted to appear innocent. Or has his innocence been proven?
    No innocence proven. My guess is that it wasn't premeditated, that they got drunk and fought all the time, and this time just ended up with her being killed.

Mom of cam-girl wife testifies on behalf of accused killer husband

https://nypost.com/2020/11/20/mother...cused-husband/

The mother of an Alabama cam-girl allegedly bludgeoned to death with an absinthe bottle by her husband testified in defense of the accused killer Friday, saying her daughter was a heavy drinker who had problems stopping herself once she started indulging.

William Jeffrey West, 47, has pleaded not guilty in the January 2018 death of Kathleen Dawn West, a 42-year-old stay-at-home mom who lived a double life as “Kitty Kat West” on an adult subscription-only website.

Police said Kathleen West, whose body was found naked except for a sports bra, died of blunt force trauma from being hit in the head with a bottle of Lucid absinthe by her husband on Jan. 12, 2018, an arrest warrant shows.

But William West’s attorney insists the heavily intoxicated mother died from striking her head during an accidental fall. Her mother, Nancy Martin, took the stand on the fourth day of her son-in-law’s murder trial Friday and told jurors her daughter was a problem drinker, AL.com reported.

“She could not drink just one drink,” Martin said during questioning by defense attorney John Robbins.

Martin testified her daughter would “be up drinking” long after anyone else who joined her while imbibing — and frequently ran around or even danced outside once she was inebriated.

Martin said her daughter would typically go outside while drunk without wearing shoes or fully clothed, behaviors she witnessed in Florida and in Calera, Alabama, where she lived with her husband.

West’s mother said she last saw her daughter alive two days before she was found dead. Martin and her husband, John, took her to a follow-up doctor’s visit after getting a breast job six weeks earlier, she testified.

Martin — the lone witness for the defense — said she next saw West at a funeral home, where her husband broke down while picking out a casket, AL.com reported.

“I know it hurt me,” Martin said during her 30-minute testimony. “But I can’t imagine how he felt.”

Earlier Friday, a state medical examiner testified that the 2-inch wound to West’s skull did not appear to have been caused by a fall. The force of the blow pushed the woman’s brain into its stem, pathologist Stephen Boudreau testified, according to the report.

“It was a considerable amount of force to cause an injury like that,” Boudreau told jurors. “Scalp wounds bleed like mad … [the brain is] a very vascular structure.”

Boudreau, who said West died from blunt force trauma, testified it wasn’t likely she was fatally wounded from falling, particularly since she was just 5 feet 2 inches tall.

Asked directly about the object he believed killed West, Boudreau replied: “Whatever it was had an edge but it wasn’t sharp.”

William West told police during questioning that he went to bed after the pair both had about six drinks. Kat West then put on lingerie to take photos while he went to bed, he told police.

William West awoke the next morning as police descended upon the couple’s home. A 19-year-old neighbor found her body while on her way to work, AL.com previously reported.

A cellphone was spotted near West’s body with the green absinthe bottle on top of it, which appeared staged, according to witnesses.

Boudreau also testified Friday that her blood alcohol content level was 0.23, nearly three times the legal limit — and would have been significantly higher the night before.

West, meanwhile, had been expected to testify in the trial, but decided against it after consulting with his family. Prosecutors rested their case following Boudreau’s testimony, AL.com reported Friday.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I've never seen a fall look like blunt force trauma. I would haunt the shit out of my Mama if I were her.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/11/kat-...der-trial.html

Jeff West found guilty of reckless manslaughter

Jeff West was convicted Friday night of reckless manslaughter in the January 2018 death of his wife, Calera mother and online exhibitionist Kathleen Dawn West, known to most as Kat or Kitty Kat.

Prosecutors argued Kat West died from a blow to the head from a Lucid Absinthe bottle wielded by her husband. Jeff West’s attorney, however, said she died as the result of a drunken, accidental fall.

Jeff West, originally charged with murder, was motivated to kill his wife over her excessive drinking and use of social media to promote her adult website, according to the theory presented to jurors Friday by Shelby County Assistant District Attorney Daniel McBrayer.

The jury deliberated nearly five hours before announcing the verdict.

At one point during the deliberation, jurors asked the time of death, which wasn’t given in the week-long trial. Jurors also wanted help finding data from cell phone Health App to show Kat and Jeff West’s steps that night and to again view body cam video of the first police officer to encounter Jeff West that morning.

After the jury delivered its verdict at about 10 p.m., Shelby County Circuit Judge Bill Bostick polled the jurors individually, which showed the decision was unanimous. The reduced charge of manslaughter is a Class B felony punishable by two to 20 years in prison.

Bostick revoked Jeff West’s $500,000 bond and he will remain jailed until he is sentenced on Jan. 11, 2021 -- almost three years to the day authorities say Kat West was killed.

Jeff West showed no reaction as the verdict was read.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I'm glad he was found guilty, but it's a shame they couldn't get murder to stick. His behavior after her death was gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Her boobs look hard as rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Her boobs look hard as rocks.
    Cheap boob job

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I wonder how long he w get.

Cheap boob job
    You didn't get my Mean Girls reference?
    "he had Skittles so he could have made drugs".
    Quote Originally Posted by daisylane View Post
    Yo mama such a ho, that Foursquare has made her vag a place to "check in".

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    You didn't get my Mean Girls reference?
    No, I've only seen part of it. Sorry.

Thread Information