Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Louise and David Turpin allegedly chained, starved, and beat their 13 children

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    It?s going to take years of therapy for the boys to recover from those haircuts alone
    Was there NO other bowl in the house?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Was there NO other bowl in the house?

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/us/tur...ews/index.html

Aunts of 13 captive children reveal years of secrecy and concerns

Guarantee you he was molesting those kids.
    Yep.

I can't tell if they've been arraigned or are being arraigned later today, but I found this:

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/18/us/tur...ion/index.html

Dad is, in fact, facing additional charges above the mother for "lewd conduct" and "touching of a female child".

Attorney says 13 siblings were prevented from showering more than once per year

PERRIS, Calif. ?
    Prosecutors say 13 malnourished children found in captivity in California were chained as punishment and a 17-year-old plotted her escape for two years.

Riverside County District Attorney Mike Hestrin said Thursday that another sibling escaped with the 17-year-old over the weekend but turned back out of fear.

Hestrin says all 13 victims were severely malnourished and as a result some have cognitive impairment and a lack of basic knowledge of life. He says a 29-year-old female victim weighed 82 pounds.

Hestrin says none of the victims were allowed to shower more than once a year.

Fifty-seven-year-old David Allen Turpin and 49-year-old Louise Anna Turpin have been charged with torture and abuse.

http://www.kcra.com/article/attorney...-year/15391423

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Turpin in court with a chain around his waist. Good!!

"The parents would buy food for themselves, but not allow the children to eat it, Hestrin said. The couple would buy apple pies that only he and his wife ate and toys that sat unopened, he said".

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...118-story.html

The court appearance has happened, and it's weird.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/califor...tream-updates/

The public defender will represent David Turpin, and an outside attorney will represent Louise Turpin, the Press-Enterprise reported via Twitter.
    So either the mom's family has money and are trying to protect her, but not him; or she's turned on him. How long do you think it will be before she starts claiming she is actually another "victim"?

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/us/tur...oter_expansion

For decades, Elizabeth Flores begged to see her nieces and nephews. Even Skype would do.
    But her sister and brother-in-law, Louise and David Turpin, kept such a secret life that they wouldn't let her in.
    "When that happens for 20 years, and it was before the kids even were there, you don't think it's abnormal," Flores told ABC's "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.

"If it had been like two years ago that she cut us off, then we might think, wow, something's not right. But this has been going on before they even had children ... they were real private, and they didn't come around much."
    The world now knows some of what was happening inside the Turpins' 4-bedroom house. Their 13 children were held captive -- with some shackled and chained with padlocks.
    Now the children are free, and the parents are in custody. The Turpins face charges of torture and child endangerment; bail was set at $9 million. It was not immediately clear whether they have hired an attorney.
    Sister-in-law: He watched me when I showered
    Flores said she was never really comfortable with her brother-in-law.
    Back when she was in college, Flores lived with the Turpins for a few months. At that time, the couple had a few children.
    David Allen Turpin, left, and Louise Anna Turpin face charges of torture and child endangerment.
    David Allen Turpin, left, and Louise Anna Turpin face charges of torture and child endangerment.
    "I thought they were really strict, but I didn't see any abuse," Flores told GMA.
    But something very disturbing did happen: Turpin used to watch Flores shower, she said.
    "If I went to get in the shower, he would come in while I was in there and watch me. It was like a joke," Flores said. "He never touched me or anything."
    But she said she never told anyone about the shower stalking.
    "I was young. I was scared. I was in Texas, where I knew nobody," Flores said. "I was treated like one of the kids, kind of, so I had rules. Well now that I'm an adult, and I look back, I see things that I didn't see then."
    As the family grew, Flores said, Louise Turpin even shut out her own father.
    Several years ago, she said, her father booked a flight to go see Louise and her family.
    "He got the ticket, he was going to surprise her, and he called her to tell him he was coming. And she told him not to come."

Another sister: The kids looked really skinny
    Teresa Robinette, another sister of Louise Turpin, said she sometimes kept in touch with the mother of 13. But she was concerned about the children's weights, Robinette told NBC's "Today" show.
    Neighbor says Turpin children seemed 'terrified' when she tried to talk to them
    Neighbor says Turpin children seemed 'terrified' when she tried to talk to them
    "I always made comments to Louise when I did talk to her, about, 'Gosh, they're so skinny.' And she would laugh it off: 'Well David's so tall and lanky. They're going to be like him,'" Robinette said.
    After hearing about the children's alleged torture at home, Robinette broke down in tears.
    "We are as hurt and shocked and angry and disappointed as everybody else," she said.
    Flores said she, too, was devastated to hear what happened. But she said she still loves her sister.
    "I want her to know that she's still my blood, and I love her," Flores said. "I don't agree with what she did, and her actions has made the whole family suffer. But I want her to know I'm praying for her salvation."
    Flores said she had a more important message for her nieces and nephews:
    "I want them to know they do have family that they love, whether they know us or not."
    Aunt: Everybody wondered why they had 'all them kids'
    Brenda Taylor, who is Louise Turpin's aunt, said she wasn't around her niece often, but followed the couple's lives on Facebook.
    "With the pictures they put on Facebook, you thought they were one big happy family," she said.
    David and Louise Turpin were both from Princeton, West Virginia, she added.

Found shackled and emaciated, children of torture suspects are freed
    "She was young when they married," Taylor said. "She was 16, I think."
    Taylor said she hadn't seen them in West Virginia since the mid-1990s when the couple had only two children. She said that they didn't come home for Louise's parents funerals and that she wasn't in direct contact with the family.
    "Everybody in the family was always wondering why they had all them kids," Taylor said. "I never dreamed they had all them kids."
    But she would comment on their Facebook page, but never got a response back.
    Taylor said she was shocked to hear of their arrest.
    "We always thought she [Louise Turpin] was the most stable of them," her aunt said. "Now it sounds like she was the worst of them."
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

The more I'm reading about these parents, the more they sound like sick psychopaths. I heard (don't have a link) they would keep food just outside the kids reach, just to torture them.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

I found an article where they interviewed either the people who rented a house to them in Texas or to whom they sold their house when they left Texas - it wasn't totally clear to me - but I'm having a hard time getting it to load. Did anyone else see it? The condition of the house was so shockingly poor (and, at times, confusing) that the people who came after them took tons of photos. They left a bunch of stuff behind when they left, including wardrobes which had air vents installed in them, and there were closet doors that had fingernail scratches on the inside as though someone was locked inside. Those people assumed that they'd had dogs locked up or something, but now that this has come to light... not cool. And the house was rented in the mid-to-late 1990's, so it's been going on for a while.
    It has pictures of the condition of the house after they left. The wardrobes that were fitted with air vents made my stomach sink, now that it's abundantly clear why something like that would need an air vent.

Got it to load, but it's the telegraph... does anyone know if they're legit, or are they like the Daily Mail?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...ages-wardrobe/

Apparently this is a picture of her pregnant with the youngest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eloped-16.html
    There's more info in here, most of the stuff I've already read though, basically about how they got married young. I don't know if it's in this article or another I read, but they wanted to have a 14th child but were also planning on leaving the state and saying bye to people, but I can't find the other one that I read earlier anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post

There's more info in here, most of the stuff I've already read though, basically about how they got married young. I don't know if it's in this article or another I read, but they wanted to have a 14th child but were also planning on leaving the state and saying bye to people, but I can't find the other one that I read earlier anymore.
    Oh I'm so glad. This photo gives me serious relief. I was so afraid that was one of the children's child, but I also so hoped it was not.

Honestly, those kids are so malnourished and underdeveloped they probably couldn't carry a child to term. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post

Not that there?s any logic understanding with psychopaths but I don?t get why they wanted to keep having more kids? I imagine torturing 13 was already a full time job. Did they like the kids when they were in baby stage & then got tired of them when they started walking? With how stunted growth/mental wise the kids are, im surprised they even learned to walk. If you hated your kids so much, why have more?

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    Not that there?s any logic understanding with psychopaths but I don?t get why they wanted to keep having more kids? I imagine torturing 13 was already a full time job. Did they like the kids when they were in baby stage & then got tired of them when they started walking? With how stunted growth/mental wise the kids are, im surprised they even learned to walk. If you hated your kids so much, why have more?
    I honk you hit the nail on the head here - they like them when they're babies. The reason they are being charged with 12 counts of torture when there are 13 kids is because the baby showed no signs of starvation or abuse. At some point, they decide the kids aren't cute and little anymore and the abuse starts.

I've been hearing suggestions that they were part of the quiverful movement, but I doubt that because their purpose is to raise children who are brainwashed but self sufficient who will do the same until the group takes over the u.s.

I honestly have no clue what is happening here it's like at first I would assume some religious ideology or image, but the control and torture in most of those cases has a purpose - to create perfect obedient children. The fact that they kept these kids chained well past adulthood suggest that maybe they are just psychos who enjoy torture and mask it in religiosity. The mom may have a motherhood thing where she loves the idea of being pregnant and nursing but doesn't want to have anything to do with actual children or maybe they attempt to create secure bonds with the children while they are young to they will more easily submit to the torture. That's giving them too much credit, I think.

I swear, I can't wrap my head around this.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

No words.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

So, they resented that they didn't get to do all these things because they had children...so they tortured and starved the kids and did all this stuff but continued to pop out kids? Makes sense.
    plus they could have gone out and done all those things and still fed their kids and didn't chain them up and shit, so missed youth is no fucking reason for being horrible people.

I?m reading now they let the kids keep journals. Wtf? Surprised the kids could write but how stupid (or lucky) to let the kids keep records & evidence of all the abuse. This case just makes less & less sense.

I would just like to point out how hilarious it is that user "Words words" posted directly under the post that just says "no words". That is all.

This whole case is a cluster fuck and it makes my head hurt. Every day I'm afraid of what else were going to learn.

This is all so disgusting. Where the fuck did the parents live when they had the kids living on their own?

This article describes both a 4-bedroom home and later mentions a trailer on the Texas property, but it doesn't make it very clear.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ris/ar-AAuWX96
    Sometimes in the evenings she would hear the Turpin children playing in their yard, so one day she grabbed a jump rope and knocked on the door of the trailer.

?I knew they were really strange, but I was willing to get over the strangeness to be friends,? she said.

A skinny, pale girl with long brown hair opened the door and just stared, she said. ?Her eyes just got real wide. She closed the door back in my face,? Vinyard recalled. ?? She came around the back, looked at me and then ran back away into the house, through the back door.?

So they hoarded themselves out of their old house that was foreclosed on? Dead animals and trash everywhere, I'm surprised all these kids survived without any medical services.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelen View Post
    This article describes both a 4-bedroom home and later mentions a trailer on the Texas property, but it doesn't make it very clear.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...ris/ar-AAuWX96
    I think the trailer was used as a garbage dump. This keeps getting more disturbing. The family keeps saying she got married veey young, like its understandable behavior, but wouldnt ahe have needed her parents permission?

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    but wouldnt ahe have needed her parents permission?
    In the link I posted on the last page it explained it. I think it's west Virginia that you can be 16, and that's where they went. One of her parents wanted to call the cops about it, but (I think) the father wanted to let it happen.

Thread Information