Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Louise and David Turpin allegedly chained, starved, and beat their 13 children

Louise and David Turpin allegedly chained, starved, and beat their 13 children

This story just kind of threw me. Who has 13 children and then decides, "You know what, they're cute and all... but feeding kids is expensive and I'm tapping out. *death drop*"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...a-home-n837871

And they also commuted the worst of all social media crimes... they have a couples account. Gag. Gagging right meow.

https://m.facebook.com/davidlouise.t...content_filter

Their cover photo is all of their kids, all dressed up alike and adorable for what looks to be the parents' wedding or a vow renewal. There's a photo of all of them together at Disneyland, and several photos of mom with the youngest child visible. They seem like such involved parents! It looks like they presented really really well. The kids look so happy and loved, but the police report says that the eldest girl "escaped" and that the rest of the children were found chained up. I wonder what happened for it to go so bad so quickly - the wedding/vow renewal photos are only a year old.

If you look at that photos of the kids knowing that when they were posted, the oldest seven range in age from 17 to 28, it is really disturbing how small and young-looking they are.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    How many kids does one need? This is insanity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

That is the creepiest family photo I have ever seen in my life. It's hard to believe any of those kids are in their mid to late 20's.

ETA: jk forgot about the Duggars
    Last edited by Angiebla; 01-15-2018 at 05:01 PM.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Yeah. They're pretty creepy looking.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lelen View Post
    If you look at that photos of the kids knowing that when they were posted, the oldest seven range in age from 17 to 28, it is really disturbing how small and young-looking they are.

Holy crap. I saw that the 17 year old was the one who escaped and presumed that was the oldest child. I would have NEVER thought any of those kids were almost 30! Good catch. Things must have really been awful for none of the older/adult children to have had the confidence to escape upon reaching adulthood.

Plus, for real, who has an infant when your children are mostly adults. You were almost home free!!!

This is so horribly sad. Holy crap. Why the hell do people keep having fucking children if they can't properly care for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post
    Plus, for real, who has an infant when your children are mostly adults. You were almost home free!!!
    Mine are 8 & 9 and my husband keeps talking about how he wants another and this is always my excuse...well, that and his vasectomy making it impossible lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
    Because they are probably not ghetto and hood like me.

Hey - for posting in the future, it's been brought to my attention that I should quote some of the key points from the article. How do I put them in the box thing like other posters do? I've been trying to find some of the bbc code things but I'm not great at it. :(

Also, more on topic, what I am assuming is the eldest girl, all the way on the right in the big group picture, really is creeping me out now that it's been pointed out. She's the only one who looks like a starved adult to me, and once you realize it you can't... I don't know... "unrealize" it. I think one of the boys is an adult, too, the taller one with glasses and the same haircut as his dad. Weird story. I'll be following this one for sure.

That is the creepiest family photo I have ever seen in my life.
    And that style of haircut on the "dad", i would think by now is enough to alert anyone that some very fucked up shit is going on somehow, somewhere.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Why do I get the feeling the two year old is the daughter of one of the children?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Why do I get the feeling the two year old is the daughter of one of the children?
    Okay, I know this is going to sound crazy or like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon early, but I swear I thought the same thing. When I looked at their shared Facebook page, I even tried to scroll back in her profile pics to when she would have been pregnant since so many women will use belly pictures or sonograms as their profile pics. All I can see are their Disneyland pictures and their super frequent vow renewals - like every other year or something close to it. But for real, I literally searched with the (admittedly f'ed up) thought, "Damn, I hope there's not some <I>Flowers in the Attic</I> shit going on up in this piece.", but I'm only recently returned and so technically a newbie, and I didn't want to say something that fucked up after just coming back. But since I'm not the only one... yeah, I'll throw my hat in on that one.

They look like a cult.

This is the weirdest. Anyone who lives in Southern California knows Perris is the florida of this state though so it's really not surprising. They do look like a cult and I'd agree that the baby might be one of the girls'. Maybe the dads', but I wouldn't discount the sad possibility that a couple of the kids got a little too close on account of all the trauma and shit.

That 17 year old is a hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Also, that kid is closer to three. By the dates on the photos she was probably born in February 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Don't even try to distract from the fact that this is your state's weirdness by bringing Florida into it for comparison! Dammit, own it! My state has its own weird thread, so this is allllll yours!

I think the Facebook is removed.
    Last edited by animosity; 01-16-2018 at 04:15 PM.

I had a poke around her family members’ facebooks earlier. One of her sisters calls herself a “god warrior”, has her own brood of kids, and claims to be a best selling author. She wrote in a bio that she dealt with child abuse. Another sister has five kids, and I swear the oldest one looks nearly the same age as she is. There are also two younger mixed race siblings who seem pretty normal, which is a little odd for the whole backwoods West Virginia jesus freak scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I had a poke around her family members? facebooks earlier. One of her sisters calls herself a ?god warrior?, has her own brood of kids, and claims to be a best selling author. She wrote in a bio that she dealt with child abuse. Another sister has five kids, and I swear the oldest one looks nearly the same age as she is. There are also two younger mixed race siblings who seem pretty normal, which is a little odd for the whole backwoods West Virginia jesus freak scene.
    This family is deep with crazy.

Here is daily mail with awkward vow renewal videos. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rnia-home.html

On NBC Evening News tonight they said the mother married the father when she was 16. So many levels of red flags.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelen View Post
    On NBC Evening News tonight they said the mother married the father when she was 16. So many levels of red flags.
    Yeah. I have a feeling that his one is going to be epically weird by ge time all the facts are out. Kudos to the 17 year old who had the courage to free her siblings and herself. She is one brace girl, that is for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

I think the Facebook is removed.
    I think you're right - they're talking about the page going missing over in the My Favorite Murder group, too. Someone did set up a closed group for people who are following the case, though:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/378964599233522

I hope they don't manage to get family to scrub their social media and force this story to fade out of the news. I want to know what happens to the kids, especially the adult children. I can't even begin to imagine how the adult children will ever live "normal" lives after up to 28 years of this.

Side note: my little sister is CONVINCED that the three-ish year old "baby"'of the family is the daughter of the 17 year old who escaped. I think it's possible that she's a grandchild, but I would like to think if that's the case that she belongs to one of the adult children and not that a 14 year old was incestually raped and forced to have a child. But my sister, who is also 17, has sound logic: in all these years, not one of those children or adults have found the strength to escape. What would be the most compelling reason for someone to finally say "enough"? Protecting their own child.

My little sister belongs on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    This family is deep with crazy.

Here is daily mail with awkward vow renewal videos. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rnia-home.html
    That vow renewal video looks like its straight out of a Rob Zombie movie. This whole thing is so bizarre and sad :(

Seven of those kids are over the age of 18? Unbelievable.

Yeah, I've been wondering which is the 17 year old and it also stuck me tha the one girl is checking on the baby in the one picture. I wouldn't be surprised it you (or your sister) are correct, Josephine.

It?s going to take years of therapy for the boys to recover from those haircuts alone

Quote Originally Posted by of_corpse_not View Post
    It?s going to take years of therapy for the boys to recover from those haircuts alone
    I will have you know that chicken and stars soup burns like fire when it comes through the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post

: in all these years, not one of those children or adults have found the strength to escape. What would be the most compelling reason for someone to finally say "enough"? Protecting their own child.

My little sister belongs on these boards.
    I agree with this, protecting your own child is a pressing motivation...except for the mom in this case of course.

Thread Information