Thread: Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan (46) has died

Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan (46) has died

http://www.thejournal.ie/dolores-o-r...98887-Jan2018/

CRANBERRIES SINGER DOLORES O?Riordan has died.

She was 46.

A statement from her PR agency said:

?Irish and international singer Dolores O?Riordan has died suddenly in London today. She was 46 years old. The lead singer with the Irish band The Cranberries, was in London for a short recording session. No further details are available at this time.

?Family members are devastated to hear the breaking news and have requested privacy at this very difficult time.?

More to follow.

She was young. I wonder what she died from. There isn't much info out there yet.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Usually "suddenly" means suicide, in obituaries at least. I'm interested either way.

Could be something like a blood clot, a fall, etc.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    The article I read pointed out that she had to cancel concert dates because of health issues with her back and that she was also bipolar. It's possible she took too many pain pills

Very sad because she was so beautiful and talented. Way too young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Ugh. This hurts my heart. I have loved The Cranberries since I was little

Very sad. Love their music. She had a very unique voice. RIP

Well this is depressing. The Cranberries were one of the few bands both my mother and I loved. We saw them in Seattle in the late 1990's, and the live show was amazing.

Another one gone that I'll never get to see perform. I was a big fan, and even used some of her words in a eulogy I delivered for my uncle back in the late 90s. It was phrase in the liner notes for the To The Faithful Departed album that read - "To the faithful departed and those left behind, there is a light that never dies."
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Aww, she was still young. This shit bites ass!!
    This is one of things that suck as I'm getting older. Not only am I losing friends and family but also the icons I grew up with. 😥 Some can say its what happens but it's definitely not something I've come to terms with quite yet.

Love her, and the Cranberries. So young. Had three children. RIP

I heard on the radio that she's been healthy and cheerful recently, but on TMZ it says "Sources connected with the singer tell TMZ she had been "dreadfully depressed" in recent weeks."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So very sad. I love the Cranberries.

Quote Originally Posted by ***JiLL*** View Post
    Usually "suddenly" means suicide, in obituaries at least. I'm interested either way.
    I have no clue how trustworthy this source is, but it's out there:

http://popculture.com/celebrity/2018...nyl-poisoning/

Lead singer of The Cranberries, Dolores O'Riordan, died of fentanyl poisoning on Monday, source in the London Police Department said.

Authorities found counterfeit fentanyl near the 46-year-old's rocker's bed, a source told the Santa Monica Observer. The source added that no official cause of death has been declared yet, saying that an official cause of death will be announced later with the toxicology report.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jlawrence View Post
    I have no clue how trustworthy this source is, but it's out there:

http://popculture.com/celebrity/2018...nyl-poisoning/
    That's tragic. Another one lost to it.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

This is so sad.
    Maybe it was fentanyl, but there's many natural causes that can kill suddenly.
    She could have had a heart attack.
    Regardless, she was way too young. Such a powerful voice.
    Rest in peace☹️

Was she a heroin user? In the US and Canada, we've lost a lot of people in recent years because they believe they're using heroin and are actually using a fentanyl analogue. It's way stronger but I guess it's cheaper or easier to synthesize.

I do know she had a back injury, so another possibility is mismanaged pain. That's one I saw when I was still in practice - people would save their used fentanyl patches because you don't get all of the drug out transdermally. They'd then remove the gel from inside the patch and use it when their pain was worse and they needed more than the patch was transferring. The smarter ones would take a tiny tiny piece and rub in on their gums. Those people could end up with wicked withdrawals after months of doing it, but mostly lived. The ones who smoked or injected the gel weren't so fortunate. It's a tragedy in itself that pain patients end up going to such extremes because of the reactionary penalization of patients with severe and chronic pain, and cases like that just put more restrictions on them.

That's all just conjecture though. Either way, it's very sad and my heart goes out to her family.

The lead singer of The Cranberries was found dead by cleaners in her hotel bathroom, it emerged last night.

Dolores O’Riordan’s body was discovered when staff at the Hilton on Park Lane in London went into her room thinking it was empty.

She was pronounced dead at the scene on Monday morning. Scotland Yard initially said her death was ‘unexplained’ but yesterday ruled that it was ‘not suspicious’.

One hotel worker told the Mail yesterday: ‘The people who found her said they found her in the toilet.

‘I think it was the cleaners who had gone in there because there was no activity around the hallway or from the room. They didn’t say how they found her, this has been kept private.’

Another staff member said: ‘They found her in the bathroom. But the staff that found her have not said anything more, so we don’t know if it’s suicide or what.’

It comes as an interview with the star surfaced in which she expressed her desire to come back as an angel after her death to help people.

Asked what she would be reincarnated as, Miss O'Riordan said: 'I think I'll probably come back as an angel and I'd like to guide people or guard people going through similar experiences in life, whisper in their ear and kind of give them ideas on how to deal with things.'

Miss O’Riordan, 46, had been in London to record a cover of The Cranberries’ 1994 hit single Zombie with rock band Bad Wolves. A seething condemnation of the IRA’s 1993 Warrington bomb attack that killed two boys, Zombie won an Ivor Novello award. The band also enjoyed huge success with track Linger.

They split in 2003 before reforming in 2009 and embarking on a reunion tour around America.

The Irish singer suffered with bipolar disorder and depression throughout her career, and US website TMZ yesterday reported friends describing her as ‘dreadfully depressed’ in recent weeks.

But a long-time friend and music producer, who was one of the last people to hear from her, told how she sounded happy and excited in a voicemail message just hours before her death.

Dan Waite, who was involved in the collaboration between her and Bad Wolves, said: ‘She was looking forward to seeing me in the studio and recording vocals.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz54P9VQsSa
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The funeral was today, and I feel like this statement all but confirms that the death was drug related:

earlier in the week, a London's coroner announced they had released the singer's body back to her family after conducting an autopsy, the results of which will be revealed no earlier than April.
    While it's yet to be seen if it will be ruled an accident or a suicide, I feel like this usually means they didn't find a definitive cause of death and must wait for toxicology. It's so sad either way, but it makes me that much more sad if all she was trying to do was stop hurting. Becausenof the bone disease I have, there have been times when the pain has been so bad and I've been so desperate that I've taken a second dose of medication closer together than I should, taken a concurrent dose of a discontinues medication that I had left over, or taken things that I knew little about just trying to get the pain to stop. When you have chronic, severe pain, there are times when you get desperate for something, anything to make it stop and to let yourself have one normal day when you can go on a family outing without ruining it or slowing everyone down, or for one night when you can lay down and go to sleep and stay asleep till morning without having to reposition or get up and walk every hour or so. I feel so sad for her, and for Tom Petty who we lost in similar fashion. I feel like most people are not aware of how desperate you can become when you have bad pain that never goes away, what you'd do to just make it stop for one day, one night, one hour. It really sucks. ��

I went way OT there for a minute. Here's the article on today's funeral (it sounds like she's having a second public funeral at another location, then a private, graveside service for her family at a later date):

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...reland-w515680

THE inquest into the death of Cranberries star Dolores O?Riordan ? due to start today ? has been removed from schedule without reason.

The Irish singing icon tragically passed away on January 15 of this year in a London hotel room.

The inquest into the 46-year-old?s death opened four days later but was adjourned until April 3 so the Coroner could receive medical test results.

However, the coroner?s court announced that the scheduled hearing will not take place today as scheduled.

A new inquest date has yet to be set.

The Limerick idol was in London for a recording session at the time of her death.

Metropolitan police said that her death was not being treated as suspicious.

On January 19, Coroner?s officer Stephen Earl said in court: ?This lady was staying at a hotel in central London when on Monday 15 January she was found unresponsive in her room.

?The London Ambulance Service was contacted and verified her death at the scene.

?Subsequently the Met Police attended and they determined the death to be non-suspicious.

?A post-mortem has now been carried out and the court is awaiting results of various tests that have been commissioned.?

The mum-of-three was laid to rest in her native Ballybricken where friends and family gathered to pay a tearful farewell.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/m...ithout-reason/

Seriously? Just from drinking those tiny bottles in the minibar?? It doesn't say she was taking medication or had a condition that would exacerbate the effects of alcohol so how the fuck is it even possible she was drunk enough to just drown?

Edit : another morning reading comprehension disaster. Missed the 4 x legal limit bit

Thread Information