Page 67 of 69 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 1722

Thread: the what video game are you playing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Bioshock was amazing. one of the best games i've played in a long time.

Right now I'm on FarCry3, which I'm really liking.
    That whole last sequence in Bioshock was incredible. I don't typically look for twists or try to read into endings too much so it caught me off guard. Made me feel a little dirty about finding Elizabeth attractive.

I'd like to play FarCry 3 after my current two, but there were a lot of other options I want to look into as well. Also, I need to start saving for all the stuff that's going to be announced in a couple days at E3.

Xbox One
    Pros -
    Games I want to play at launch

Cons -
    Requires online connection once a day(not a problem for me)
    Unclear ability to share used games(?)
    Stupid Kinect that will never be used.
    Priced at $500

PS4
    Pros -
    Priced at $400
    Doesn't require an online connection
    Allows all games to be sold and used games bought

Cons -
    No exclusive games at launch though The Order 1886 does look like it could be cool

Even though there are more cons for the Xbox One and pros for the PS4, the largest decider is games and Xbox One has my interest with Ryse and Dead Rising 3.

Hoping Nintendo does something good in an hour with their presentation.

Destiny looked amazing and so did Battlefield 4.

Since I completed Skyrim and all the DLC (after completing just literally almost everything in Solstheim I could I retired to my three custom built homes and my wife and children) my gaming life has literally been a search for another open world experience like that. RAN THROUGH Kingdom of Amalur, I mean I blasted through that mother...very underrated game, and an enjoyable experience although you can tell it's the studios first (and ultimately last) game. Bought Arkham City today for the price of free after I cashed in some reward points for a free 20 dollar coupon. Loved Arkham Asylum which I played last year so I'm looking forward to starting this bad boy soon.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Anyone playing The Last of Us on PS3 yet? We bought ours but the goddamn things won't play...glitches like a mofo so we installed a new hard drive on the PS3 and now we're waiting for an update to "fix" the last update...grrrrrr.....
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Anyone playing The Last of Us on PS3 yet? We bought ours but the goddamn things won't play...glitches like a mofo so we installed a new hard drive on the PS3 and now we're waiting for an update to "fix" the last update...grrrrrr.....
    the last ps3 update caused a lot of problems. i'm still playing far cry. i'll move onto last of us next.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    I finished it about a week ago and started my second time through. We haven't had any trouble with the updates causing problems. Strange..

This sums up my feelings on the game

Not having a PS3 and seeing my friends play MLB The Show and The Last of Us makes me feel like the fat kid that was picked last in gym class. These flashbacks back to third grade need to stop.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trahnse View Post
    I finished it about a week ago and started my second time through. We haven't had any trouble with the updates causing problems. Strange..

This sums up my feelings on the game
    My wife and kids (total gamers, esp. my teen and wife) were soooo anticipating this game, I went out and bought it at MN on the release date. Unfortunately, for a few thousand of us, the game doesn't work with the newest update or our old PS3 hard drive. We upgraded the drive to a terabyte and are now awaiting the revised update. My wife was soooo upset, too. Hopefully that'll all be remedied tomorrow.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

I traded in my 360 towards a PS4 yesterday. We have a 360 to play at work and I've played everything I wanted to on this generations consoles. The only thing I'll miss out on is GTA 5.

Looking forward to the PS4 and Battlefield 4 though.

So there I was a few weeks ago, blissfully running through Skyrim and hunting down Imperials for lolz. I was in the Whiterun hold, and I noticed the game was getting choppyish, I tried ignoring it, hoping it would go away once I get out of the area or something. Then it froze. No big deal, annoying but it's happened before. I turn the system off, get back in, and it froze almost immediately again. Okay something's not right here. So basically, I try clearing the system cache, didn't help, then I clear the game cache. Aha! This seems to have solved the issue. I play for several minutes, fighting a giant and mammoth on horseback with my husband Marcurio working his battlemage magic. Little did I know what would ensue in just a few minutes.

Well, the game freezes again and I'm looking up how to solve this crap, and reinstalling seems like the only thing I can do. I have the game installed on the 360, and I'm absolutely making sure reinstalling won't delete all my saves and everything I'm reading up on says it won't do that. Well it did. I reinstall, load up the game, get to the title screen and it says new game, but no load option. So, I'm sitting there as the gravity of what is happening is crashing all around me, thinking "no, this can't be happening!" I don't know whether I cried a little after I checked to make sure my saves weren't somewhere tucked away on my system or before, but the point is I was quite heartbroken. 170ish hours, or close to, level 56, some skills quite high indeed. My beloved daedric armour I worked so hard to finally craft-gone. All my blades and bows I gave names to through enchanting-gone. Marcurio and my horses-gone. My mohawked concerned-eyed werewolf alter ego-gone. It was over...

I wasn't sure if I had the heart to start a new game, but I decided to within a day or two. I'm glad I did. I'm having a blast with my new guy who has the same mohawk and facial hair like the previous one, but a better face and stuff. I'm over 100 hours now, and I swear the game is trying to make it up to me or something (even though I got over losing my old game early-on) cause I found daedric armour, boots, and gauntlets before I reached a high enough smithing level to craft them. That never happened in my old game, and I was very grateful and happy indeed when I found that armour. I also found a memory card and keep my game backed up and feel nice and safe now. Everything's frosty, and my story had a happy ending.

Oh hell. I would cry! I don't think I would have it in me to start over again.

I am still trying to get through Dead Island. it causes me serious anxiety. and i can't really progress through because i hate physically fighting the zombies. when i go out on a quest, my mission is to find the first vehicle i can so i can just run them over. so my character has no stamina/skill/strength whatsoever.

frank was playing sniper elite for the longest time. now he's playing State of Decay. tanner mostly plays mine craft, TF2 or skyrim (on the pc, so he can modify it).

Ruth have you heard about Elder Scrolls Online? What platform do you plan on getting for the next gen? As someone that's played the ES series since Morrowind, this is definitely the most I'll ever anticipate and follow a release, and already like a mad man I'm trying to see who's going to join me on the PS4 (making the switch from 360 to PS for the next generation for a number of reasons), so we can FUCK PEOPLE UP!

I for one am so happy ESO isn't coming out until May. If this came out during the school year, I just couldn't see myself sitting down and studying when I could explore the vast forrests of Hammerfell AND fight in the Imperial City Arena in the same game! I mean, I could literally cross over from Bruma in Cyridal to Falkreath in Skyrim! So long sweet summer of 2014.

Thinking about picking up the latest humble bundle. This one is really good. Has all the dead island games, saints rows and more.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

guess i have 5 days left to decide. haha

I'm not wearing any pants
    I don't play but right now it's all about payday with my son. lol

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn

I just bought it last night, and I'm trying to get on the same server with my friends who have had it for a month now. Anyone else pick this one up?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

Sims 3

Call of Duty: Ghosts.

I'll chalk this CoD as a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

i am loving every gatdamned minute of this super mario galaxy game.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

I've been playing Hammerwatch. It's a fun little dungeon crawler that's creepy to play on your own, but multiplayer with friends is an absolute blast!

looks like fun. i'd pick it up if i didn't already have a few dozen games on my list to play.

Tell me about it. Those Steam sales combined with humble bundles equals a full list of untouched games!

ya that's what got me!

Well, if you put Hammerwatch on your wishlist now you can get notified when it's on sale in the next Steam sale... then buy it... then forget about it... then maybe in 3 years we can play together? Seems to be my tried and true method of playing Steam games.

Silent Hill: Downpour. Loving it. I love this series.

I'm also looking for recommendations. I love the Dragon Age and Fallout games, and have played the Elder Scrolls series and the Mass Effects. Any suggestions for games like that I may have missed?
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

Thread Information