Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1722

Thread: the what video game are you playing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I was really looking forward to the new Sim City. But I think I'll pass. http://www.amazon.com/review/R3MHPUO...ore=videogames
    i'm playing simcity right now and it's pretty fun.

people were upset because the servers were down for like 4 days and nobody could log in. the game is actually fun though. the online DRM is shit. but what can you do?

Good to hear. I may give it a try then.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    I'm not playing anything right now, I'm listening to the Top 50 Minecraft songs on Youtube.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    i'm playing simcity right now and it's pretty fun.

people were upset because the servers were down for like 4 days and nobody could log in. the game is actually fun though. the online DRM is shit. but what can you do?
    From what I heard, I believe EA has fixed the issues and made it so the game can be played offline now, to avoid the issues it was having.

I hear it's a really good game, once you get past it's release flaws.

basically, ya.

I was SOOOO excited to get my new Tomb Raider!! And it took me a total of 3 evenings to play through the single player story I waited 5 years for 10 hours of game play...WTF?? Don't get me wrong, it was a good game, but I am very disappointed with the length of the single player...ugh.
    Sorry, had to bitch

Quote Originally Posted by qtkitycat View Post
    I was SOOOO excited to get my new Tomb Raider!! And it took me a total of 3 evenings to play through the single player story I waited 5 years for 10 hours of game play...WTF?? Don't get me wrong, it was a good game, but I am very disappointed with the length of the single player...ugh.
    Sorry, had to bitch
    I get annoyed with that too. They spend less and less time on the story line and more on advertising the stupid thing.

really? that seems short. i was looking forward to that one too.

Yeah, my son is playing Tomb Raider right now..seems like a good game, I'll have to give it a try. And after they all go to bed I might just give Skyrim a whirl.

Im bouts to be playing Walking Dead. Im just trying to get the kid off to bed. Maybe bedtime comes earlier tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Yeah, my son is playing Tomb Raider right now..seems like a good game, I'll have to give it a try. And after they all go to bed I might just give Skyrim a whirl.
    I hope you have 5 hours to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Im bouts to be playing Walking Dead. Im just trying to get the kid off to bed. Maybe bedtime comes earlier tonight?
    The New one (Or the Telltale's one?)? If the new one, Does it suck as badly as I think it will?

New. It's actually not bad. It's a prequel. Gets you more into Daryl and Merle and what they were up to before everything. It's got some scary moments. But I'm not too into first person shooter. I like to see my character.

New. It's actually not bad. It's a prequel. Gets you more into Daryl and Merle and what they were up to before everything. It's got some scary moments. But I'm not too into first person shooter. I like to see my character.
    Is it anything like resident evil? That game is frustrating because I want badly to like it, the controls are just weird. The characters movements don't flow and if you aren't in just the right place it just doesn't work.

No, Its not really like Resident Evil. Its a first person, where Res is a 3rd. But the controls are kinda tricky. You have to move with both joysticks. you know, Like one moves while the other looks around? So I usually end up aiming my weapon too high or to low and it takes me a few to get used to. Ive died a lot. I havent even made it past the first half hour of the story line and I played until my kid got home from school. I died quite a bit. I like to fancy myself a gamer chick, but Im not. I mean, I like video games. I like to play them, I like to watch them and I enjoy wide varieties of them, but Im not the girl whose going to kick your ass at call of duty or anything.

No, Its not really like Resident Evil. Its a first person, where Res is a 3rd. But the controls are kinda tricky. You have to move with both joysticks. you know, Like one moves while the other looks around? So I usually end up aiming my weapon too high or to low and it takes me a few to get used to. Ive died a lot. I havent even made it past the first half hour of the story line and I played until my kid got home from school. I died quite a bit. I like to fancy myself a gamer chick, but Im not. I mean, I like video games. I like to play them, I like to watch them and I enjoy wide varieties of them, but Im not the girl whose going to kick your ass at call of duty or anything.
    Right 1st person. My bad. Have you considered inverting your view and/or lowering your sensitivity? I used to suck super bad, worse than I thought was normal and I inverted my Y-axis. It turned out for whatever reason to be way more comfortable for me. Almost like a left hand person or something my brain works backwards where up is down and down is up. I didn't suck as bad after that point. I invert my view on most every game now and I can't even play the other way anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystalette247 View Post
    Right 1st person. My bad. Have you considered inverting your view and/or lowering your sensitivity? I used to suck super bad, worse than I thought was normal and I inverted my Y-axis. It turned out for whatever reason to be way more comfortable for me. Almost like a left hand person or something my brain works backwards where up is down and down is up. I didn't suck as bad after that point. I invert my view on most every game now and I can't even play the other way anymore.
    Maybe Ill try that. Im the same way with my directions. Thanks for the tip. Im probably going to be up very late tonight playing. Hopefully I can get to a save point at least. I suck.

Maybe Ill try that. Im the same way with my directions. Thanks for the tip. Im probably going to be up very late tonight playing. Hopefully I can get to a save point at least. I suck.
    HAHA! You may not have known you had a handicap on yourself the whole time! Obviously it might take you a second to get used to, but I think if it is naturally more comfortable your brain will smile at you.
    I always wonder how many people use inverted view.

Also don't forget about the sensitivity. Make it less sensitive because if it is moving too fast, for me I slow it down and it feels better that way.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Shins View Post
    I hope you have 5 hours to spare.

I do. I watch my wife and kids play all the time, I just never took the time to get into it.

My son just got the new Tomb Raider game and I have to say, it's pretty cool as well. I'm gonna play that once he goes to bed.

Rented the walking dead game last night, and just beat it today. Can't say I was all that impressed... I knew it was a budget title, but they could have done so much more with it. It's not that it was HORRIBLE, It just felt a bit cookie-cutter and it's definitely not something I would pay money to play (I had a free rental code, and will use another free rental code next weekend to knock out the rest of the achieves.)

The controls aren't well laid out (Using the left stick button to sprint was way wonky and made those annoying 'run through the herd' missions so damn frustrating.) and the game is majorly repetitive (Basically, My pattern on every zombie was... Bait, block, stab, stab. Rinse and repeat).

I did like the roadtrip part of it (the breaking down, running out of gas, scavenging on the side, etc.) but it lost a bit of it's fun once I realized that you're really only finding the same items over and over and theirs only 3-4 "side" places that repeat. Their could have been a greater variation in items... Or make it so you had to search cupboards and such to find stuff... But I guess I can't expect RPG elements in a Budget FPS-style game.

I did enjoy the little bit of backstory it added to the show, though.

Anyways, I just returned TWD to redbox for the week... So, I am back to playing NIER.

An accomplishment only a gamer would understand:

I spent all day leveling my DK and got through 4 levels to 80. (WoW)

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    Rented the walking dead game last night, and just beat it today. Can't say I was all that impressed... I knew it was a budget title, but they could have done so much more with it. It's not that it was HORRIBLE, It just felt a bit cookie-cutter and it's definitely not something I would pay money to play (I had a free rental code, and will use another free rental code next weekend to knock out the rest of the achieves.)

The controls aren't well laid out (Using the left stick button to sprint was way wonky and made those annoying 'run through the herd' missions so damn frustrating.) and the game is majorly repetitive (Basically, My pattern on every zombie was... Bait, block, stab, stab. Rinse and repeat).

I did like the roadtrip part of it (the breaking down, running out of gas, scavenging on the side, etc.) but it lost a bit of it's fun once I realized that you're really only finding the same items over and over and theirs only 3-4 "side" places that repeat. Their could have been a greater variation in items... Or make it so you had to search cupboards and such to find stuff... But I guess I can't expect RPG elements in a Budget FPS-style game.

I did enjoy the little bit of backstory it added to the show, though.

Anyways, I just returned TWD to redbox for the week... So, I am back to playing NIER.
    Im REALLY bad at video games, So its challenging for me. I like it.

So I got a new laptop this weekend. I am uber excited and my little brother who is a bigger gamer then me is even more excited. normally I am a mac person, but hubby needed a computer to run his CAD software for school so the result was a Samsung series 7 Chronos laptop. Holy crap it is awesome. It is touch screen, windows 8(still a love hate relationship), and it has dual graphics cards. My bro Downloaded "Steam" for me because he says it is the best place to find games and to play together with him. I started off with minecraft.. lol Gotta love it! I am getting used to the controls as I am used to x-box version and have never played on the pc. I hope to make it look cool as I either get used to this new start menu thing or find a replacement which I have been looking around for. Any suggestions from Windows 8 Vets?

I'd recommend some games from humblebundle.com or http://www.indieroyale.com. good place to find indie games on the cheap. different games each week.

Right now I am playing Guild wars 2.

Thread Information