Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1722

Thread: the what video game are you playing thread!

One of my buddies has been digesting every single Skyrim video, but I'm also holding off. I want to be surprised by it.

Oh and the Battlefield 3 multiplayer on consoles is great! The Beta did kind of suck, but it was just a beta. It's way better than the small maps of Call of Duty and it's more about strategy than just running and gunning like most people do in CoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    Oh and the Battlefield 3 multiplayer on consoles is great! The Beta did kind of suck, but it was just a beta. It's way better than the small maps of Call of Duty and it's more about strategy than just running and gunning like most people do in CoD.
    i def want to try it, I just know cod is a sure thing. I like running and gunning and i have no interest in being a medic and strategizing. lol

the skyrim vid is a little underwhelming imo. i only watched it because i'd consider grabbing it but there are too many other games out right now that look better.

Quote Originally Posted by delta9 View Post
    i def want to try it, I just know cod is a sure thing. I like running and gunning and i have no interest in being a medic and strategizing. lol

the skyrim vid is a little underwhelming imo. i only watched it because i'd consider grabbing it but there are too many other games out right now that look better.
    Another thing that I like about Battlefield games that I don't remember being in Call of Duty is you have to judge your distance when firing because there is a drop. When you're sitting on the side of mountains trying to drop a guy from a mile out you have to have some skill to pull off the kill.

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    Same here. They have the nice gameplay videos on XBL, I watched a bit of those but couldn't watch too much as I'd rather experience it all first hand for the first time then know what to expect.

Did you play the last Elder scrolls (Oblivion)?
    Nope. this will actually be my first elder scrolls game. I owned and played a total of like 5 minutes of Morrowind, but I had too much shit going on at the time and didn't actually play it.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    Nope. this will actually be my first elder scrolls game. I owned and played a total of like 5 minutes of Morrowind, but I had too much shit going on at the time and didn't actually play it.
    Ah. I played some of Morrowind, but didn't like it at the time. Oblivion was one of the first games I bought on X360, and I loved it. I sunk a good 50 hours into it before I even touched the main storyline... Sadly, I got stuck 1/2 through the main storyline and never got to complete the game though.

My friend played it for awhile too, then he went to sleep in an Inn and got bit by a vampire. Didn't know how to cure it, so he missed the 24 hour window, which left him permanently a vampire. Now any time I ask him if he wants to play an elder scrolls game (or even Fallout), he just says "Hell no. Fuck Vampires".

haha that's pretty funny. ya i had a friend that had a similar story. he went into some zone he couldn't beat but it was a one way trip. he couldn't load any of his previous saves so he just quit.

i have like 50 saves for fallout. i can go back many many hours. one time i had to load back 2 hours of game. so i could go back to right before i leveled and change the way i distributed my talents for the next mission. haha

my guy is playing battlefield 3 and loves it. He wants me to get into it, but i find that its hard to see. im constantly getting killed. i told him its so much like real life that im gonna get PTSD. i probably have to get used to it, but its really realistic.

i cant wait for CoD. midnight this monday. my guy took tuesday off to spend together (i dont have school) so we can order in and play and "play" tehehee...

haha that's pretty funny. ya i had a friend that had a similar story. he went into some zone he couldn't beat but it was a one way trip. he couldn't load any of his previous saves so he just quit.

i have like 50 saves for fallout. i can go back many many hours. one time i had to load back 2 hours of game. so i could go back to right before i leveled and change the way i distributed my talents for the next mission. haha
    Yeah, If I've learned anything over the years of playing video games, it's to save often and to make multiple saves. There is nothing worse then making a mistake and realizing your only options are to live with the game changing mistake, or reload an old save from hours ago. This translates over to computers too, as I cannot count the times I have been working on something and not saving my progress, then windows crashes and I lose everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    my guy is playing battlefield 3 and loves it. He wants me to get into it, but i find that its hard to see. im constantly getting killed. i told him its so much like real life that im gonna get PTSD. i probably have to get used to it, but its really realistic.

i cant wait for CoD. midnight this monday. my guy took tuesday off to spend together (i dont have school) so we can order in and play and "play" tehehee...
    I just can't go back to CoD multiplayer. I got sick of people with double barrel shotguns and spamming of helicopter attacks, air strikes, etc once they got a kill streak going.

Yeah, If I've learned anything over the years of playing video games, it's to save often and to make multiple saves. There is nothing worse then making a mistake and realizing your only options are to live with the game changing mistake, or reload an old save from hours ago. This translates over to computers too, as I cannot count the times I have been working on something and not saving my progress, then windows crashes and I lose everything.
    That is why I never finished the first Dead Space. I got to a point I couldn't get past and I didn't have any other saves except more towards the beginning.

Currently Playing...

It's pretty good.

Awesome! I want to try that on my PC

skyrim!

skyrim!
    You already get it?

You already get it?
    Not yet, but Amazon is shipping it and it will be in my xbox by lunch time tomorrow.

Trying to decide if I should go to the midnight release of Skyrim. But I don't want to seem nerdy... haha!

i am picking it up at midnight. but i also have a poker game tonight. arrrgg.

i am picking it up at midnight. but i also have a poker game tonight. arrrgg.
    Husband decided we are too. Only problem is who gets to play first when we get home!

Not yet, but Amazon is shipping it and it will be in my xbox by lunch time tomorrow.
    I don't think mine has shipped yet, but I will have to check my amazon now and see.

I can wait a bit though, Forza still has me pretty addicted. haha.

Also... Any chance any of our Euro members are looking to buy some Microsoft points? I bought an 800pts card for a friend, but he ended up not needing it. Now I'm stuck with it (It an EU one, and won't work on NA xboxs, I don't think...). Paid $15... Would sell for $13.

Hrm. well unless the game ends early, it looks like I'll be picking it up tomorrow. oh well. guess Orcs gonna die tonight too.

So, how's Skyrim, Cap-n? First person on my XBL friends list to play it... breaking up the pattern of MW3-Forza-MW3-Forza-MW3-Forza that everyone else on there seems to be playing.

So I went down to pickup my game at the midnight release. There were like 200 people lined up outside of the Gamestop. I said fuck it and just went home. Picked it up yesterday.

So far the game seems pretty fun. I'll have to say it starts out pretty slow though.

So I went down to pickup my game at the midnight release. There were like 200 people lined up outside of the Gamestop. I said fuck it and just went home. Picked it up yesterday.

So far the game seems pretty fun. I'll have to say it starts out pretty slow though.
    I made the dumb mistake of going with free shipping, so I will get mine Wednesday-ish.

That's one downside to the games, is they tend to start off pretty slow. And then as soon as you are done with the start up quest they are just like HERE... It's a big ass world, now go do something. It can be a bit overwhelming at first, but once you get the hang of things, it can get pretty addicting. Well, that's for Oblivion anyways, But I am sure that Skyrim is the same way. The wait is going to kill me.....

so check this out: PLEASE I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME

me and the boyfriend LOVE to play multiplayer games together - since Rainbow six on the first xbox we have had a set up of two tv's in a room, with our respective xbox's and we join up in a party and play multiplayer. its awesome. we have the best time. just before CoD came out, we were playing GoW3 with no problems. we played halos like this and of course all CoD's...
    THEN, our lives are ruined and our relationship in jeopardy....

there was some kind of update made to the xbox 360 which NOW, makes our router recognized all the xbox's in the house as ONE Xbox, meaning that we cannot get into a room in a party together. We can only play separately. WHICH SUCKS!!! Now, we cant even play GoW3 together either!!!

we waited at midnight for CoD and tookthe following day off together and couldnt play ONe fucking game together. i dont know what the hell is the problem. he has called verizon (which is the internet cable provider) and the router company - neither could help, im about to call xbox live and BITCH them the fuck out.
    the last experiment that we are going to do is to bring his xbox to my apartment and try it here to see if it does the same thing.

anyone have any help or advice for me?

No idea if this will help at all, but it's what came up in google search so i figured I'd post it: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-3...2-xbox-360-why

Thread Information