Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1722

Thread: the what video game are you playing thread!

I won't get the card until the game comes out, but according to amazon:

get a $10 Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including Kindle books, MP3s, Gift Cards, and video rentals and downloads)
    It seems like it only excludes download/streamable content, and I can't find more info that would qualify as fine print... So, I am hoping that is not the case.

ETA: I guess it's a CREDIT, not a gift card.. I wonder if that makes a difference.

I just went through my emails and it was actually a credit of $25 (my memory is lame) but it might not have worked for me because I was trying to use it on another pre-order. Thanks for reminding me, though. I never redeemed my credit so maybe I'll get myself something new tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    I usually pre-order mine from Gamestop, but I think I am going to start doing it from Amazon. Amazon has better customer service, and they have better pre-order bonuses usually (Same thing as Gamestop + a $10 gift card on both Skyrim and Saint's Row 3. I assume this is how it is on most games, but only looked at those two.).

Both Amazon and Gamestop have an option for Free shipping, They say it takes 5-10 days for it to arrive, but it usually only takes 2-3 days in my experiences. I believe both companies actually send the game out BEFORE the release date, to ensure a speedy delivery. The one time I used the gamestop in store pickup method (After pre-ordering online), I didn't get the pre-order bonus because that store had "run out". So, I prefer to just order online and have it shipped to my door, that way I know I will actually get everything I order.
    Amazon Prime gives me free shipping and sometimes a game can be shipped to me on the day of release.

same day huh? i like that. i'll try it next time.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    same day huh? i like that. i'll try it next time.
    It's not all games. For instance, Arkham City isn't, but Battlefield 3 is. I'd assume Skyrim will also be delivered on release day.

I just picked up Orcs Must Die. That game is pretty fun too.

Spent all last night playing Arkham City. Love the graphics, characters and the story line.
    Im not a huge fan of hand to hand combat, but at least this one makes it interesting

that game looks cool. got too many games going on right now. i might have to pick that one up later.

I'm moving this week so I skipped on Arkham City because I wouldn't have time to play before Battlefield 3 comes out next week.

I recommend it.
    It looks like one I'll be able to finish up pretty quick.
    Its really neat to unlock the characters especially if youre a fan of the comic, but the upgrade system sucks.

i need some of those. i have those games that take like 80 hours to beat going on right now.

Yea like Dead Island.

Arkham City is pretty breezy, they have side missions, but if you ignore those and play the straight story line its a quick game

I was going to rent the new Batman, but Redbox doesn't have it (The only game they got in that week was Price is right for the Wii. ), So I will have to wait until it is available through Blockbuster by mail. It looks good though.

ETA: I bought this custom painted car on Forza earlier, and thought it was so awesome I needed to share:

I'm not a MLP fan, but that is some skilled artwork, and I love the irony of a pink MLP+ American muscle car. Plus, It pisses people off when they lose to it.
    Last edited by boogieman; 10-19-2011 at 01:07 PM.

beat arkham city in 2 days including most of the side missions. really fun but I agree, the combat system sucks.

GTA V trailer dropped yesterday:

Looks like it will be pretty good.

Skyrim comes out next Friday... I feel like a huge nerd, but it has me psyched. 4 days later, Saints Row 3 hits. I'd say I hope I have Forza 4 done by then... But it won't happen, the games too damn big. And to top off the back log of games, I still haven't touched my copy of Shadows of the damned.
    Last edited by boogieman; 11-03-2011 at 04:42 AM.

That Grand Theft Auto 5 trailer was pretty but really, who gives a shit? So it will be the same as GTA4 in that people will get bored of it after a few days of playing and never finish the story? They really need something different in it. Something new to set it apart from the rest. Something to make it more fun.

Currently, I'm playing Battlefield 3. The online is incredible. The single player so far has been entertaining, but nothing more special than Call of Duty.

The only reason im excited about GTA is because theyre representin parts of Southern California I can actually identify
    I usually grasp the theme/concept right away, but ive watched a couple trailers and im not sure i grasp the one on this GTA. Poverty?

I really liked GTA4. Even bought all the expansions. If it's more of the same, then it's good for me :D

I'm excited about skyrim also. I'll go pick it up at midnight on release :)

I'm hoping to have the fallout addon finished by then. I've been lagging because of fucking work. arggg

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    That Grand Theft Auto 5 trailer was pretty but really, who gives a shit? So it will be the same as GTA4 in that people will get bored of it after a few days of playing and never finish the story? They really need something different in it. Something new to set it apart from the rest. Something to make it more fun.

Currently, I'm playing Battlefield 3. The online is incredible. The single player so far has been entertaining, but nothing more special than Call of Duty.
    Yeah.. I liked GTA IV at the time... but once I beat it, I never really went back and played it anymore(I half assed the DLC, but never finished them). I am excited that they are bringing it back to San Andreas though, I like the idea of the mountains and forests and rural areas redone using current gen technology.

I meant to play the Battlefield beta multiplayer demo when it was on XBL, but could never remember until I was about to shut the game system off. haha. My friend said it's really good, but he's a Battlefield fanboy so I will have to wait till I try it, to know for sure. It might have to be my replacement for Homefront, as I have not played it in awhile and I am betting it's servers are completely dead at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    Yeah.. I liked GTA IV at the time... but once I beat it, I never really went back and played it anymore(I half assed the DLC, but never finished them). I am excited that they are bringing it back to San Andreas though, I like the idea of the mountains and forests and rural areas redone using current gen technology.
    You mean southern California

I'm going to hold off on Uncharted and Battlefield and grab Modern Warfare next week and probably Saints Row when it comes out.

As much as I want Uncharted, COD multiplayer will keep me busy until after Christmas. I don't understand why everyone is so into Skyrim, graphics look amazing but the combat looks boring.

My buddy played the Battlefield beta and said it was horrible. Apparently it looks and runs like garbage on the console versions so I'd rather stick with MW for now.

Since I just accidentally unsubscribed from this thread on my phone, a post. I am a huge Battlefield fan but the spyware coming on the PC version has put me off of this outing.

I'm still playing the same old ARMA2 2 years on, the joy of sandbox games.

not watching any of that. gonna wait to be surprised :)

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    not watching any of that. gonna wait to be surprised :)
    Same here. They have the nice gameplay videos on XBL, I watched a bit of those but couldn't watch too much as I'd rather experience it all first hand for the first time then know what to expect.

Did you play the last Elder scrolls (Oblivion)?

Thread Information