Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1722

Thread: the what video game are you playing thread!

Quote Originally Posted by boogieman View Post
    Yeah, I figured it would be super long. That's actually what made me decide to buy it, rather then Rent. I was going to rent it first, just to try it out...But I no longer have gamefly and Redbox only carries the PS3 version.
    I cancelled my game fly and went to Blockbuster. I was getting 2 games from game fly for 25 bucks a month and it would take them over a week to get to me. I now get 3 games from blocbuster for 15 bucks a month and they get me my games in 2-3 days. Im alot more pleased with it.

once i find a way to cheese a game. i can't not do it. there's no way i'm letting murderers go :D

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    I cancelled my game fly and went to Blockbuster. I was getting 2 games from game fly for 25 bucks a month and it would take them over a week to get to me. I now get 3 games from blocbuster for 15 bucks a month and they get me my games in 2-3 days. Im alot more pleased with it.

Yeah, I'm thinking of going with Blockbuster rather then restarting my Gamefly account. The only thing I will really miss is the deals on used games that Gamefly has. With the 10% off for members, and the $5 credits... I was getting older games for dirt cheap. I got Need For Speed Prostreet for $1 from them, a year or so ago. (Which is as much as I would pay for that game.).

But yeah, it always took a week or so to get my game back. At first, it was quick... but it just got slower. I guess the main reason was that USPS wasn't telling them they wer ein the mail so they could ship the game before recieving the last one back. But still... A week is too long to wait. Netflix gives me my movies in 2 days.

ETA: Just got an email from netflix that they're raising their rates. Now, it's much cheaper for me to use blockbuster rather then Netflix+Gamefly, So I am switching over next month.
    Last edited by boogieman; 07-12-2011 at 03:51 PM.

The next game I am really really looking forward too:

finished la noire finally. i'd have to say the first 4 hours i would have rated the game a 9. the final hours like a 6. too repetitive. had to really muscle through the end to finish it.

We're going old school in our house this week. OH is replaying FF7 and I'm playing Golden Sun for GBA.
    Last edited by Tarren; 09-20-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

We picked up a Kinect and a few games for it. Rise of Nightmares is pretty cool.. definitely not a kid game! I haven't played it yet, but the controls look pretty fluid. Also picked up the Michael Jackson experience. It's fun.. except I was rocking out to Beat It when it took my fucking picture. I was in my jammies!

Dead Island kicks ass. Husband and I are trying to play it co-op all the way through, but we've both been busy as hell, so we haven't gotten too far. Lots of fun so far and thugs are easier to kill with two people! lol

Just ordered the new silent hill the other day.

I've been playing Driver: San Fran (Bought it. Good driving game, but gets a bit boring after awhile) lately, as well as Enslaved: Odyssey to the west (Rented it. I highly recommend it as a rental.. It's fun, but short.).

I played Singularity on X360 a few weeks ago (rental), and I have to say I was VERY surprised by how much I enjoyed the game. It was easily missed when it came out, and I probably wouldn't have even tried it out if it wasn't for my sister raving about how much she enjoyed it. It's kind of like Bio-shock meets Halo meets TimeSplitters meets Dead space. Really fun gameplay and a good story, Everyone should rent it.

Anyways... Now I am just waiting for Forza 4 to hit next month.

interesting. i was excited about singularity, but i heard it sucked after it came out, so i never bothered with it.

i'm trying to muscle through one of the vegas addons -- dead money. it's ok. mostly i'd describe it as tedious. lots of saving and reloading. but i've come this far. i'm gonna finish it.

then i might do infamous. since sony gave me that one for free thanks to their downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    interesting. i was excited about singularity, but i heard it sucked after it came out, so i never bothered with it.

i'm trying to muscle through one of the vegas addons -- dead money. it's ok. mostly i'd describe it as tedious. lots of saving and reloading. but i've come this far. i'm gonna finish it.

then i might do infamous. since sony gave me that one for free thanks to their downtime.
    It's no COD/Halo, but it's not too bad. Multiplayer is absolute shit... But singleplayer has a good story and some cool weapons/powers. I'll be honest though, It took me about 2 levels before I actually started to like the game.

I got Infamous that way too... It is actually one of the only PS3 games to really hold my interest. I didn't finish it though, as I think something else came out on Xbox and distracted me.

Enjoying Gears of War 3 single player. I've never cared for it's multiplayer.

i've never played those multi either. i need to pick it up.

i pre-ordered duke nukem from game stop and never picked it up. i was gonna move my preorder to gears, but never went in. i wonder if they keep my money if i never go in to pickup my pre-order. haha

i've never played those multi either. i need to pick it up.

i pre-ordered duke nukem from game stop and never picked it up. i was gonna move my preorder to gears, but never went in. i wonder if they keep my money if i never go in to pickup my pre-order. haha
    I think they'll still have it on file. I put down 5 bucks on a preorder for a game a long time ago. I think they contacted me about it, but I didn't feel like going across town for 5 bucks.

I'm trying to decide if Rage is going to be any good. I've already got Battlefield 3 bought and then I want either Skyrim or the new Legend of Zelda. Problem with Zelda is I need to fix my Wii.

I have a feeling rage is gonna be underwhelming, i'm not gonna preorder that. skyrim will be bad ass.

ya. i finally unplugged and put away the wii. don't think it's gonna get plugged back in.

I have a feeling rage is gonna be underwhelming, i'm not gonna preorder that. skyrim will be bad ass.

ya. i finally unplugged and put away the wii. don't think it's gonna get plugged back in.
    I had my Wii put away for months, then one day I plugged it in and it actually worked for a day or two. I only want to get it fixed to play Zelda. I was going to get it fixed a long while ago and Nintento said it would cost $75. As far as internet searches go, it still costs that much even though that's basically half of what a new Wii costs.

I just traded my copy of Driver: SF online for Shadows of the Damned (According to USPS, it should be here tomorrow!). I'm really hoping it will be as good as the hype has made it sound. It's gotten a lot of good reviews, and the few things people are complaining about (Potty humor, Short story mode, etc) don't seem like it'd be too big of a pitfall.

Currently playing... Saints Row 2 and Forza 3. Trying to get ready for Forza4 (Next week!) and SR3.

I played the shit out of Forza. bought forza 2 and played it once. i even have a wheel. otherwise i haven't played any of those games. saints row? those fun? those look like gta. how do they compare? i loved gta.

I just finished Dead Money, addon for fallout vegas. it sucked. story was ok. but the play was tedious. get your limbs blown up every 5 seconds. constant saving and loading. i'm playing on the hardest setting, but it was tedious-hard, not fun-hard.

i'm gonna pickup Old World Blues addon next. That one got decent reviews.

I played the shit out of Forza. bought forza 2 and played it once. i even have a wheel. otherwise i haven't played any of those games. saints row? those fun? those look like gta. how do they compare? i loved gta.

I just finished Dead Money, addon for fallout vegas. it sucked. story was ok. but the play was tedious. get your limbs blown up every 5 seconds. constant saving and loading. i'm playing on the hardest setting, but it was tedious-hard, not fun-hard.

i'm gonna pickup Old World Blues addon next. That one got decent reviews.
    Saints Row 2 was full of bugs and glitches, but it was pretty fun. They are like GTA but the games don't take themselves too seriously.

I'm waiting for reviews for Rage. I was considering Dark Souls, but I don't know how much I really want a super hard game. I'll probably pass on Forza 4. If I pass on Rage then I'll end up getting Arkham City in a few weeks.

Just got Shadows of the damned in the mail today, as I figured I would.

Saints is fun, and kind of like GTA. GTA IV was geared towards a serious story, where as Saint's is completely batshit and doesn't take itself too seriously. As Cap-n said, It does have it's glitchy times (Although, I haven't experienced anything too big or detrimental), and it's not as refined as other games (Although SR3 is supposed to look and play amazing), but I still like it more the GTA, just for it's humor. I mean, One of the activities (Side mission type things) has you driving around in a Septic truck spraying buildings and cars with shit for points. Another has you commiting insurance fraud by purposely falling and bouncing off of traffic.

As for Forza.... I think Forza is one of my favorite game series of all time. Forza 4 is an absolute must have for me (and the Demo just hit last night!).

Just pre-ordered Skyrim... The gameplay videos look sick. I got a $50 Amazon gift card for doing a survey thing on some news site and decided to use it to pre-order that. And, When you pre-order on Amazon, you get a free $10 gift card. So, I essentially will be getting Skyrim for Free (Even free shipping).

Forza 4 will hopefully be here Next week. I screwed up and missed a payment on my credit card, so they blocked the payment on release day. It's fixed now, and I am waiting for confirmation that my copy of Forza actually exists or not. (Gamestop.com's customer service is the WORST customer service I have ever dealt with. Period.)

I had no idea Amazon gave gift cards with pre-orders. I pre-ordered mine from Gamestop.

When do you get the game? With Gamestop I can drive down and pick it up at midnight.

I usually pre-order mine from Gamestop, but I think I am going to start doing it from Amazon. Amazon has better customer service, and they have better pre-order bonuses usually (Same thing as Gamestop + a $10 gift card on both Skyrim and Saint's Row 3. I assume this is how it is on most games, but only looked at those two.).

Both Amazon and Gamestop have an option for Free shipping, They say it takes 5-10 days for it to arrive, but it usually only takes 2-3 days in my experiences. I believe both companies actually send the game out BEFORE the release date, to ensure a speedy delivery. The one time I used the gamestop in store pickup method (After pre-ordering online), I didn't get the pre-order bonus because that store had "run out". So, I prefer to just order online and have it shipped to my door, that way I know I will actually get everything I order.

Can your $10 gift card go towards anything? I have a gift card from pre-ordering the 3ds and last I checked, I could only use it for a handful of games.. Not even Zelda when it came out. I like going through Amazon too but I get so paranoid about someone stealing my packages!

Thread Information