Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1722

Thread: the what video game are you playing thread!

Re: the what video game are you playing thread!

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=7358.msg1624108#msg1624108 date=1273923260]
    We've bought DJ Hero.  :lol:
    [/quote]Have you got to play it yet?

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=7358.msg1624133#msg1624133 date=1273929046]
    Have you got to play it yet?

[/quote]

Not yet. My fella has been on it and I was watching but then I started doing housework and got caught up with other stuff.
    I'm going to play it later, might get a few beers or some wine and do a gig.  :lol:

Also, he is uber stoked for Red Dead Redemption which I am going to get as a surprise for him on Tuesday. I've also bought him God Of War 1 and 2  which he doesn't know about.
    He's also looking forward to Demon's Souls.

My xbox loving mate is highly excited about Alan Wake.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=7358.msg1624145#msg1624145 date=1273932384]
    Not yet. My fella has been on it and I was watching but then I started doing housework and got caught up with other stuff.
    I'm going to play it later, might get a few beers or some wine and do a gig.  :lol:

Also, he is uber stoked for Red Dead Redemption which I am going to get as a surprise for him on Tuesday. I've also bought him God Of War 1 and 2  which he doesn't know about.
    He's also looking forward to Demon's Souls.

My xbox loving mate is highly excited about Alan Wake.
    [/quote]I might pick up Alan Wake tomorrow.  I could probably finish it by midnight on Monday.

[quote author=Cap-n Meow link=topic=7358.msg1624151#msg1624151 date=1273932942]
    I might pick up Alan Wake tomorrow.  I could probably finish it by midnight on Monday.
    [/quote]

I like the premise of Alan Wake, it looks ace.
    Anyone who says onions make you cry has clearly never been hit in the face with a turnip.

I was excited about allan wake 100 years ago when they started 'making' it :lol:

Portal is now free on Steam.

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=7358.msg1625394#msg1625394 date=1274079506]
    Portal is now free on Steam.
    [/quote]

I think TC9 posted that the other day. We already have it with The Orange Box, but I think my friend downloaded it.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=7358.msg1625800#msg1625800 date=1274136328]
    red dead review.... 9.7

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/74848...dr_051710.html
    [/quote]

Are you getting it? I'll be picking it up on Friday.

Metacritic rating of 95 on RDR.
    http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/reddeadredemption

I'm picking it up after work today.    I don't work until 3 tomorrow so I'm gonna get drunk and play late tonight.

[quote author=Tarren link=topic=7358.msg1626310#msg1626310 date=1274164598]
    Are you getting it? I'll be picking it up on Friday.
    [/quote]

i'm going to wait until the price comes down a bit, I have three games i'm in the middle of now.

I really want to play it but if it's like GTA, it took up 3 months of my life  :lol: which I can't really spare right now.

The next game I get will either be RDR or the new Undisputed.

Mod Nation Racers also came out for PS3 which is like MarioKart + Little Big Planet. Got amazing reviews too.

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=7358.msg1626619#msg1626619 date=1274203699]
    i'm going to wait until the price comes down a bit, I have three games i'm in the middle of now.

I really want to play it but if it's like GTA, it took up 3 months of my life  :lol: which I can't really spare right now.

The next game I get will either be RDR or the new Undisputed.

Mod Nation Racers also came out for PS3 which is like MarioKart + Little Big Planet. Got amazing reviews too.
    [/quote]

I'll be picking it up whether or not, no matter what the price. If he wants a game, he gets it. If I get it for a good price I get rewarded. 

I like the sound of Mod Nation Racers. And we love LBP so I'll look that one up.  :-D

Nearly 5 hours into Red Dead Redemption and I'm loving it.  The environments and graphics are beautiful.  I have experienced a few glitches with graphics popping, but it doesn't bother me too much.

This should be a game of the year contender.

Totally lovin Red Dead!!
    two thumbs up for sure, it's worth every penny

Got my copy of Split/Second that I pre-ordered awhile ago.....  :|

It has gotten decent reviews, But I just can't get into it. Luckily, Blur comes out next week and it will help me forget about this game.

BLUR released today.. Everyone should go buy it.

My copy gets here Thursday, which is a long wait when you keep watching Blur trailers on youtube. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPqRue51GZ8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XYWXc6Wnqo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ub7DhJWHs

Insomniac Games is no longer Sony's exclusive developer.

http://kotaku.com/5547071/ratchet--clank-makers-next-game-coming-to-the-xbox-360-ps3

The next big gaming franchise from the creators of a decade and a half's worth of some of the Playstation's most beloved titles is coming to the Xbox 360.

Insomniac Games, the studio behind Spyro the Dragon, Ratchet & Clank and Resistance, unveiled a deal this morning with Electronic Arts that will put their still unannounced, undated next franchise on the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Under the agreement Insomniac will retain ownership of the intellectual property.

"There have been a lot of great reasons to make games for the Playstation," said Ted Price, founder and CEO of Insomniac Games. "We have a wonderful relationship with Sony and will continue to work with them on Playstation titles."

While Insomniac Games' growth as a developer has been steady, it hasn't seen any big spikes, Price told Kotaku. Making a game for multiple systems means that the developer and its games will be able to reach a broader audience.

"We never wanted to limit ourselves," Price said. "People are inspired here by having the opportunity to try new things. (Playstation 3 shooter) Resistance was a chance to branch out and we will continue to look for those opportunities."

The latest chance is bringing Insomniac Games' upcoming, all-new franchise set in a new universe to the PS3 and Xbox 360. The title is currently in production at the company's Burbank studio, but Price remained tight-lipped about what it was.

"We've never approached any of the games we make as one-offs," Price said. "Our goal is to create a franchise."

Price declined to specify the sort of game it would be, adding that the developer won't be talking about it at this year's E3 next month.

He did say that Insomniac currently has "multiple teams working on multiple projects."

We've heard that Insomniac Games has agreed to produce at least one more Ratchet & Clank title and perhaps two more Resistance games. Price declined to confirm those details, but did verify that his company is still working on both franchises.

"We are going to continue to support Ratchet and Resistance," he said. "I think (PS3 owners) will be happy with what we have coming."

Rumors of Insomniac breaking their 16-year tradition of creating games exclusively for the Playstation first surfaced during the Game Developers Conference earlier this year. Craig Rechenmacher, vice president of marketing at EA Partners, said the discussions with Insomniac started "pretty organically."

"We have relationships with everyone," Rechenmacher said. "This is one we've had our eyes on forever."

"Our goal is to work with the best and brightest game developers"

Still not sure how this game will turn out, but it does look amusing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUKlG9DHAOA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0C2bsuvAx4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWm2Dbbndt8

I dont like how you have to choose between Jason bear and Freddy bear when Pre-ordering, though... as I want them both:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87m8WpRoY24
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITixYoU_Lwo

Im currently playing God Of War 2 again
    <br />It&#39;s always funny until someone gets hurt, And then it&#39;s fucking hilarious

[quote author=boogieman link=topic=7358.msg1633118#msg1633118 date=1274816621]
    BLUR released today.. Everyone should go buy it.
    [/quote]

so is Blur better than Split Second? I really like the looks of Blur...

[quote author=delta9 link=topic=7358.msg1641019#msg1641019 date=1275777686]
    so is Blur better than Split Second? I really like the looks of Blur...
    [/quote]

In my opinion? Yes. &nbsp;I actually ended up trading my copy of S/S for a 2nd copy of Blur so my ex could play multiplayer with me (And because I think Blur will hold value longer then S/S). The guy I traded with hated blur with a passion, But loves split/second.

Both games are a little harder then they should be, in my opinion. (S/S due to its insane Rubber-banding, Blur is just frustrating sometimes because it's easy to go from 1st to last). I actually play half the races in Blur on Easy, just because Medium can get so frustrating that it kills the fun if you have to try a race 30 times. Luckily, It's easy to switch up the difficulty on any given race.

Multiplayer (online) wise, &nbsp;S/S has nothing on Blur. I played S/S online ONCE, and it was just a bare bones experience. They put me up against a veteran of the game, and he beat me by 12 seconds.. You do level up and unlock more cars, but it's not as in depth as Blur:lol:

As I am sure everyone has read, Blur's multiplayer is a LOT like Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2. You &nbsp;go up levels and unlock new cars and mods as you go. &nbsp;My favorite part of Blur is that EVERYONE has a chance to win, as it kind of comes down to luck. I have beaten level 50s (who should have the fastest cars in the game) with a car you get when you first start the game.

So yeah... Blur isn't perfect, But It definitely beats S/S in every way, in my opinion.

ETA: Just be prepared for MANY frustrating times where it feels like everyone is ganging up on you. That's a usual online race for me, I will be in 3rd or so and once one person hits me.. I slowly go down the pack and come in last. It's happened in every race tonight, and I finally had to shut it off before I got too frustrated. Out of 69 Online races, I have came in first 2 times. :lol:

Red Dead is in high rotation in my house.&nbsp; :)
    My life is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.....

It took me 30 hours to beat Red Dead Redemption to about 88% completion.&nbsp; I LOVED the game!&nbsp; I enjoyed it much more than GTA4.&nbsp;

I would say that Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption are easily the best games I've played this year.

[quote author=sweetcaro link=topic=7358.msg1641330#msg1641330 date=1275793827]
    Red Dead is in high rotation in my house.&nbsp; :)
    [/quote]

Red Dead is never off in my house.&nbsp; :-)

Still playing my old ARMA2, with more new mods everyday.&nbsp; Viva PC gaming.

Thread Information