Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Undercover High - A&E

Where they don't have maps.......such as..

Undercover High - A&E

Anyone else watch the first episode? 7 adults go back to high school as ?students? in Topeka, Kansas a?la 60 Days In. I hadn?t heard about it (although many had) and came across it OnDemand the other evening and turned it on. As I was in my bathroom washing my face, I hear this voice......

I know that voice......

The freaking superintendent, Dr Tiffany Anderson...was my superintendent for about 5 years, here in podunk Montgomery County, Virginia and boy is she sucking up her 15 minutes of fame. Still wearing her scarves everyday (that?s her thing) and bad business suits with sneakers (also her thing.....I mean come on certainly there are comfortable flats or SOMETHING?)...she left our county as she decided she didn?t want to continue in education.....

Oh unless it?s being filmed by a network. 🙄 I looked up Highland Park highschool on greatschools.com and they?re not setting the world on fire. Still what are the odds, I?d flip that on and know someone?

http://www.aetv.com/shows/undercover-high
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Not sure why my apostrophes are question marks.
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    Never even heard of the show. I'll have to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    Never even heard of the show. I'll have to check it out.
    I hadn’t either, just popped up in my suggestions on my xfinity app. Once I started googling it looks like A&E is pushing to make this “groundbreaking” docuseries big big. When Anderson does her voiceovers, my skin crawls. Takes me back to years of All-County Openings with her droning on, wearing her scarf and sneakers. She’s a dick.

Fuck Topeka, Kansas though. And high school. I will keep my happy ass as an elementary educator in the mountains of podunk, Virginia TYVM.

It airs on A&E Tuesday nights at 10:00. I’ll continue watching to count scarves and sneakers...lol actually it was kind of interesting but probably more so because ol’ Tiffers is in it. Only 3 students have started as of first episode. Brother and sister Jorge and Lina (although J is 19 which is still high school in my mind) and this 25 year old chick they put braces on who needs to work on her poker face! All these 15 yo guys are aggressively trying to hook up with 22 yo Lina talking about raping her.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Dr. Anderson looks pretty impressive to me. She's credited with turning a school around in St. Louis and they were quite sad to see her leave. Her husband who was a Dr. Recently passed away. I know a lot of career women who wear tennis shoes with their business suits. I don't know her personally, and I'm not in the education field, but on paper she's pretty impressive and I know a few school districts that could use her expertise.

You know school districts? Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    You know school districts? Impressive.
    I think that by stating... 'I know a few school districts that could use her expertise' I was very clear, I'm not sure what you are implying? I didn't refer to school districts as if it were a person. Would you like for me to list a few? Perhaps you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    I think that by stating... 'I know a few school districts that could use her expertise' I was very clear, I'm not sure what you are implying? I didn't refer to school districts as if it were a person. Would you like for me to list a few? Perhaps you can help.
    She is unnecessarily correcting your grammar because she is biased against the woman. Possibly because she has negative memories about her and feels like her subjective memory trumps your analysis of the woman's credentials and experience.

Sorry classic, but why you gonna try and fight like that? Your criticism of her has been limited to not liking the sound of her voice, the style of her shoes, and the vague notion that "she's a dick." Sound like the way everyone tried to discredit a specific presidential candidate for wearing pants suits and having a shrill voice.
    Last edited by animosity; 01-17-2018 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    She is unnecessarily correcting your grammar because she is biased against the woman. Possibly because she has negative memories about her and feels like her subjective memory trumps your analysis of the woman's credentials and experience.

Sorry classic, but why you gonna try and fight like that? Your criticism of her has been limited to not liking the sound of her voice, the style of her shoes, and the vague notion that "she's a dick." Sound like the way everyone tried to discredit a specific presidential candidate for wearing pants suits and having a shrill voice.
    Help a sister out, what's the correct grammar? I don't want to walk around or rather scroll around typing things incorrectly...

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Help a sister out, what's the correct grammar? I don't want to walk around or rather scroll around typing things incorrectly...
    I'm assuming she would prefer "I know of school districts" or "I've had experiences with school districts."

You got it right, she was implying that your sentence technically would indicate that school districts are able to be known personally.

It's no big deal. Language depends on common usage and it's just a bit defensive to call out one stupid word when your meaning was clear.

I'm assuming she would prefer "I know of school districts" or "I've had experiences with school districts."

You got it right, she was implying that your sentence technically would indicate that school districts are able to be known personally.

It's no big deal. Language depends on common usage and it's just a bit defensive to call out one stupid word when your meaning was clear.
    Thank you. As long as it was able to be understood, I'm ok. I can understand her frustration... I've known family members to appear on TV. I just didn't watch to keep from being aggravated.

Whatever. My point was I can make my soap dish sound good on paper. I HAVE worked with her as my superintendent for years with my pay scale (all county educators) stuck 6 steps lower than it should be while she doles out secret raises to her PR people and buys tens of thousands of dollars for unneeded new furniture for her new office as well as thinking she doesn’t have to follow traffic laws, wait in line, or do simple duties we all have to do because shes the superintendent...(and don’t you know who she is, geez) That’s just the surface. Her husband was also my OB as well.

I know/knew both of them and SHE IS A DICK. And even though you know career women who wear business suits and tennis shoes doesn’t make it look good to me. Why am I “fighting” bc I voiced an opinion on someone I KNOW AND WORKED FOR PERSONALLY? Queena came in based on what she read on the internet likely written by Dr. Anderson. Im going by what I know and experienced.

I think you are taking this a little too personally. You could have just said this all in a first place in response to queena's comment about her qualifications instead of immediately being glib.

I think you are taking this a little too personally. You could have just said this all in a first place in response to queena's comment about her qualifications instead of immediately being glib.
    I could have but I’d had a couple glasses of wine and it irritated me so i chose to say that and sleep on it. And why do I have to support my opinion on someone I personally know with examples of her many specific infractions especially with her now in the media and easily googled. Next time I’ll put a disclaimer that it’s my opinion only and 4 supporting pieces of evidence.
    Last edited by SuchAClassicGirl; 01-17-2018 at 05:39 PM.

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I see both sides of this and feel like it's a miscommunication. Queena and Ani, you didn't realize the extent of how much Classic knew about this Woman and Classic you didn't fully explain the reasons why this Woman is a dick.

Yes, things could have been done and said differently by both sides, but now that it's all explained I hope everyone can see past this?

It sounds like this Woman really is a dick by how Classic explains her. I can totally understand the heated emotions of clicking on the TV to see someone who treats their position as an advantage to themselves rather than caring about the students cashing in on their 15 minutes of fame. Especially someone like Classic who has personally put her heart and soul in to some of these kids. I'd be pretty pissed too.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Ty for recommending this show! I'm really bored and needed something needed to watch and the concept seems pretty interesting. :)

How much are they paying these people? You could not pay me enough to go back to high school. Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchAClassicGirl View Post
    Whatever. My point was I can make my soap dish sound good on paper. I HAVE worked with her as my superintendent for years with my pay scale (all county educators) stuck 6 steps lower than it should be while she doles out secret raises to her PR people and buys tens of thousands of dollars for unneeded new furniture for her new office as well as thinking she doesn’t have to follow traffic laws, wait in line, or do simple duties we all have to do because shes the superintendent...(and don’t you know who she is, geez) That’s just the surface. Her husband was also my OB as well.

I know/knew both of them and SHE IS A DICK. And even though you know career women who wear business suits and tennis shoes doesn’t make it look good to me. Why am I “fighting” bc I voiced an opinion on someone I KNOW AND WORKED FOR PERSONALLY? Queena came in based on what she read on the internet likely written by Dr. Anderson. Im going by what I know and experienced.
    The thing is, I never discounted your experiences with her. I just said that on paper she's pretty impressive. In fact, I think that's what I said. I never once implied that you were lying or anything of the sort. I don't know her. I am well aware of how people can have an impressive resume, but have a shitty personality. You just assumed that I was against you because I said something positive about her.

Drink your wine sis and chill. Not everyone is against you or discounting your experiences, and I'm sorry that you felt that way. I still know of a few school districts that could use her help. She may be too high class and maintenance for the areas that I am thinking of based on your description... Which I believe, I've seen that type.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephine View Post
    How much are they paying these people? You could not pay me enough to go back to high school. Nope.
    Going back to high school would be easier for me than middle school. I hated middle school with a passion. The high school experience today is very different than when I went. There was no internet, no social media, no cell phones. Thank God. They must be paying them pretty well since they took all of their credit cards and rented them housing to cut off from their “normal” lives, but maybe screen time is the allure? I’m with you though. Nope, no way

I watch this show. It is a constant "slow start" -commercial, then they spend 5 minutes giving you a recap of what you just saw before the commercial. UGH. We are 3 freaking episodes in and they still haven't unleashed all the undercovers yet. COME ON A&E! Let's speed this up some.

I'm no educator but here's my take on what's wrong with that school. Social Media. FFS put the damn phones away. I'm so shocked kids are allowed to have their phones out in school.

I think it's a good concept because high school is different than what it used to be and this is a good way for adults to get a real eye opener as to what is going on.

I wish they had something like this for high schoolers and what life is really like after graduation. To show them that there is soo much to life after graduation and maybe reduce the number of kids committing suicide.

Otherwise I agree with you Berm, them dang phones. SMH
    I can be your *ADDICTION* if you wanna get hooked on something!!

Cell phones and texting got big when I was a senior in highschool. We werent allowed to use them in class because we could cheat. I did go to a private school though.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by bermstalker View Post
    I watch this show. It is a constant "slow start" -commercial, then they spend 5 minutes giving you a recap of what you just saw before the commercial. UGH. We are 3 freaking episodes in and they still haven't unleashed all the undercovers yet. COME ON A&E! Let's speed this up some.

I'm no educator but here's my take on what's wrong with that school. Social Media. FFS put the damn phones away. I'm so shocked kids are allowed to have their phones out in school.
    This! My hubs and I are both educators and both completely shocked at the cell phone use in the show. It was so uncomfortable watching that one digital photography class in the first episode with the male teacher drawing boxes on the smartboard (trying to teach panoramic I think) and every student is on their phones, sharing pics to the class, playing music. He asks them to turn it down, they turn it up. He asks if they’re through, they say “are you??” Hubs and I turned to each other, shook our heads and said “fuck that, I’d walk straight out the door.” Sticking to elementary, we are.

Also agree that episode 2 was meh. The new addition is forgettable and the whole way the Winter Royalty thing went seemed extremely scripted. The focus seems on Lina and Jorge predominantly.

I also can’t help but think Vanessa looks like a character from OITNB

I've been watching this show...so the Hispanic chick (sorry idk her name) was added to a group text, and someone said they wanted to rape her? Did they want her to see the text to scare/intimidate her?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information