Thread: Roberta "Bobby" Snider (69) was murdered by her husband and her body was dumped in a landfill

Roberta "Bobby" Snider (69) was murdered by her husband and her body was dumped in a landfill

Last edited by raisedbywolves; 11-15-2022 at 04:57 PM.

This whole case confuses me. Read the post her sister made on her FB on 1/7. I know less now than I did when I first posted this case.

https://www.facebook.com/becki.waldon.3?fref=search

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    There is certainly a great deal of vagueness surrounding this case, but the story below does help clear a couple of things up...at least a little bit.

Officers have been investigating the disappearance of Roberta L. Snider since they were first notified of the events on Sunday by Snider’s brother.

A village couple, married for 53 years, apparently left Jan. 4 for a trip to Elvis Presley’s Graceland home. The husband returned home last weekend without his wife -- and what exactly happened to her remains a mystery.

“I don’t know if we have a crime or don’t have a crime at this point,” Hartville Police Chief Larry Dordea said on Friday.

His officers have been investigating the disappearance of Roberta L. Snider since they were first notified of the events on Sunday by Snider’s brother, Brian Heisler. His sister’s husband, 72-year-old Philip Snider, told him Roberta had died on the trip to Memphis, Tenn., a birthday present of sorts for her -- she was to turn 70 this past Monday.

WEWS-TV 5 in Cleveland first reported versions of the story on Thursday, and the Beacon Journal on Friday.

“This all started when (Philip) told me he left her ashes down there,” Heisler said. “She’d always said when she was cremated, she didn’t want her ashes sitting on a mantel.”

Heisler reported details to local police on Tuesday.

Dordea said Philip Snider’s version of events “doesn’t add up,” though he said Snider appeared sincere. Snider may be confused about the location and timing of details, the chief said.

“He said they were driving to Memphis ... stopped in a hotel along the way,” Dordea said. “He noticed she was (dead in her seat) ... as he was driving down the road, he saw an EMS-type vehicle, so he stopped and told them.”

Dordea said police haven’t found any evidence of Roberta Snider’s death after checking with multiple agencies and sources in Tennessee, nor have they found her.

He said Philip Snider allowed them to search his home and police recovered receipts from the trip. Dordea said police are in the process of trying to track down video footage that could have captured the Sniders along the 728-mile trek to Memphis.

“We think he just made a mistake, as to where it happened,” said Heisler, adding that he believes Snider may be suffering from dementia. “We think it may have occurred in Kentucky. We’re pretty certain it wasn’t malicious. We don’t think it was foul play.”

Richard Currie, a former village mayor, has lived next door to the Sniders in a condo on St. Abigail Street SW, for about nine years. Currie said he knew the couple, though they weren’t close friends. He said the woman’s disappearance was the topic of conversation at a local barber shop Friday morning.

“It all sounds a little bizarre,” Currie said.

The couple moved to Hartville following a Chapter 7 personal bankruptcy case that was filed in 2008. They lost their house in Plain Township to foreclosure, according to court records, and claimed to be nearly $145,000 in debt.
    http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201801...oad-trip-death

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    There is certainly a great deal of vagueness surrounding this case, but the story below does help clear a couple of things up...at least a little bit.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201801...oad-trip-death
    I suspected that he had dementia. I don't think he did anything nefarious to her. I am confused though, if they don't know where she is, and what happened to her, why is the sister talking about the fact that she was cremated?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Bizarre. Why would he dump her body? Suspect as hell. Dementia or not, you just don't decide to dump a body, do you?

Ohio man claims he threw 70-year-old wife off Tennessee River bridge

This is crazy and sad...

NASHVILLE, Tenn.--Police in Ohio are working with the Benton County Sheriff's Office as they investigate if a man threw the body of his 70-year-old wife into the Tennessee River.
    Police in Hartville, Ohio say Philip Snider told his wife's brother he had taken wife Roberta to Graceland "one last time before she died." Snider told the brother Roberta died in Memphis and he approached an EMS vehicle stopped in a parking lot to ask for help.
    Snider then claimed they confirmed her death and took her away. Roberta's brother contacted police after the conversation and an investigation was launched by the Hartville Police Department.
    However, investigators found nothing when they contacted Memphis hospitals, medical examiner offices, and public/private EMS companies. Nobody had any reports of Roberta or a Jane Doe.
    Further investigation found Snider had indeed checked into a Days Inn in the Graceland area on January 5th, 2018 but video and still images uncovered revealed she never checked into that hotel or any other hotel.
    Police say Snider then changed his story after being confronted with the findings. This time, Snider told police Roberta had died of natural causes during the trip and he "put her with nature" by throwing her off the U.S. Route 40 Tennessee River Bridge on January 6th.
    Benton County Sheriff's units are searching the area in an effort to find Roberta's body and verify if Snider's story is true. Hartville Police say Snider has submitted an FBI interview and polygraph, the results which are currently being analyzed.
    Anyone with information on the case is asked to call the Hartville Police Department at 330-877-2630.

So he dumped he body over the bridge after snipe died of natural causes.....interesting.

http://fox17.com/news/local/ohio-man...graceland-trip

So he dumped her* body after she died of natural causes.** opps sorry it’s late

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Bizarre. Why would he dump her body? Suspect as hell. Dementia or not, you just don't decide to dump a body, do you?
    and wrap it in plastic.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Right ~ I doubt someone with dementia would take the time to wrap the body before dumping it.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    The sister in her birthday/death post made sure that she took digs at her brother in law.
    Can you fake dementia?

The sister in her birthday/death post made sure that she took digs at her brother in law.
    Can you fake dementia?
    I guess so. Dementia is such a crazy disease. In the early stages, a person can be completely fine most of the time that most people don't even realize their loved one is suffering. At the first stages, most people just think it's age-related forgetfulness.

I've found that extreme anger and "worries about money" are some of the first signs of dementia....along with forgetting simple things. Like how to work a remote.

I think it's possible she did just die of natural causes and he was so worried about money he disposed of her.

Probably sounds crazy to everybody else, but after dealing with my mom and her dementia- I can see it. She was always stressed about money and she had no reason to be. After she passed away, we found money hidden all over her apt in the weirdest places.

Sure you do. That's actually kind of classic. My old boss's Dad would hide stuff all over (never a body so far as I know) he'd get a crazy idea and he'd do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

My aunt has dementia and honestly, I wouldn't put anything past her. She's deteriorated to the point where she has the mentality of a child again. She barely kows what's happening around her, she doesn't remember people and she throws tantrums pretty constantly. It's tough to watch, and she needs to be placed somewhere where she can receive around the clock care. My uncle is trying to handle it on his own, and he's quickly approaching the end of his rope simply because he's not trained for this.

I'm not saying that the husband in this story is at the same point as my aunt, but I've seen what dementia does, and anything is possible. I could easily imagine him disposing of her body simply because he felt it was the easiest thing to do at that moment in time.
    "A vagabond dreamer, a rhymer and singer of songs
    Singing to no one and nowhere to really belong." - Waylon Jennings

I worry about money all of the time

I think dumping her body make perfect sense to him. It's better than riding around with it in the car.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thread Information