Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Molly Meghan Miller (31) was found dead in her home four days after she went missing

Molly Meghan Miller (31) was found dead in her home four days after she went missing

http://wset.com/news/local/police-se...on-credit-card

According to officials, Molly Meghan Miller was last seen December 29 when she left her home in the 900 block of King St.

They say she is 5?8? tall, weighs 115 pounds and was last seen wearing a black sweatshirt.

Officials say sometime between 8:30 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. that day someone made a purchase of over $300 on her fiance's credit card which she is able to use.

Anyone with information is asked to call Charlottesville Police at (434)-970-3280.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37169390/...rch-01-01-2018

In a Facebook post, advocacy group Help Save the Next Girl stated, "She and her fianc? were cooking dinner when Molly left on foot for a quick walk. She left wearing a black sweatshirt and was without a coat, purse, or phone... She has had no contact with family or friends since she disappeared and her disappearance is described as very out of character." NBC29 has not confirmed these details with authorities at this time.
    “She is very strong, very smart, and I keep praying that wherever she is, she will be able to outwit whoever...probably… I don't know what the situation is… to get out and call us. Of course she has no phone,” said Marian McConnell, Molly's mother.
    I might be wrong, but I get the vibe that she walked away of her own accord.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...e_went_missing
    Last edited by Olivia; 01-07-2018 at 12:04 AM.

If she walked out without a coat she could be dead from hypothermia. Unless she got into someone's car?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

If she walked out without a coat she could be dead from hypothermia. Unless she got into someone's car?
    That's part of why I think she left of her own accord. If she had an accident or was in hiding in the area, I think they would have found her body by now. This story said she might have a coat though, not that it changes much. It's freaking cold right now. I am not getting an abduction vibe, so that leaves leaving on her own. Also, why did the fiance wait 24 hours if she was just going on a short walk? She could have run into someone she knew and left in their car, or had someone pick her up.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37169390/...rch-01-01-2018

She was seen wearing a black sweatshirt at the time, did not have a phone on her, and might not have been wearing a coat. An official missing person report was filed with the Charlottesville Police Department the next day.

Police brought out bloodhounds to the area of King Street Monday morning: "So they're looking for scents on the ground versus in the air. But this time of year, with the cold and with the wind, there's not a whole lot of scent. And the fact that she’s been missing since Friday, it just makes it kind of difficult,” explained Charlottesville Police Detective Declan Hickey.

Acting Charlottesville Police Chief Gary Pleasants said it is imperative that only trained people conduct the search.

“Untrained people do not know really what to look for sometimes for evidence, nor do they know how to handle it if they do see it," he said.

Authorities said Monday that it is not uncommon behavior for Molly to leave her home for the night, potentially to stay with friends. However, her fianc? became worried after he had not heard from her for close to 24 hours.
    Police tell NBC29 that it is unclear if Molly left with a bag or not, but did confirm a purse was left at her home. Pleasants said a command center with the Virginia Department of Emergency Management has been set up at ACAC's downtown location.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    How big is her fucking house?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Saw this over on WS. This is Molly's friend, who is also a journalist:

https://www.facebook.com/jackson.landers?fref=search

earlier post:
    Here's what I can tell you about the death of Molly Miller. Her body was found this evening in the home she shared with her fiance, Anson Parker. I asked a police offer in front of the house if an arrest has been made and she responded, "this is all part of an on-going investigation," which is basically a non-answer.

On Tuesday morning I will likely show up in court to see if Anson has a bond hearing.

The house is not large. It seems a bit far-fetched to think that she could have died anywhere in that building and not been found very quickly by Anson. That said, I don't know all of the facts and I don't know exactly where in the house her body was situated.

I personally know both of these people. At 2:49 am on December 31st, within minutes of my seeing Anson's Facebook post about Molly being missing, I sent him the following FB message:

"Since I know that you don't drive, I want to offer my person and vehicle if you need a driver for any purpose while looking for Molly. I got nothing happening on New Year's Eve that's more important than this. Say the word and I'm your man."

Anson never responded to that message.

He has not been publicly named as a suspect and multiple reliable sources are telling me that this was very likely suicide.
    Latest post:
    There is currently no evidence that I have seen which shows that Anson Parker killed Molly Miller. The presence of her body in their small house is currently the only thing linking her death to him. Three different reliable people have provided me with information suggesting that her death may have been a suicide. There is absolutely no pressing need to pass judgment on Anson or come to any conclusions about Molly's cause of death right this minute. We can wait as more information comes out. Right now we will all mourn Molly but there is not sufficient evidence to condemn Anson.

Right? You would think if somebody comes up missing everybody would at least check the victim's house FIRST.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37173757/...ion-01-02-2018

Authorities have scheduled an autopsy to determine what caused Molly Meghan Miller’s death.

“Once that is completed, and additional follow up is finished, an update will be provided. We currently do not have a time frame for this and appreciate everyone's patience,” said Charlottesville Police Lt. Stephen Upman in a media release.

The Charlottesville Police Department has so far released few details in its on-going investigation of the 31-year-old woman’s death.

The Charlottesville Police Department sent out a media release after 8 p.m. Monday, stating that a detective had located Miller’s body and that there was no reason to believe there was a threat to the public. Authorities have not provided any additional details at this time.

Miller's parents have since thanked the community for its help and support. In a statement released on Tuesday, January 2, Marian and Dano McConnell said they are standing by Parker, and that he was "the love of Molly's life." The parents also thanked the police for their diligence and said that a memorial service for Molly will be held soon, and will provide more details on it later.

The autopsy is scheduled to take place Wednesday, January 3.

A reporter who apparently know Molly and knows the partner has been saying on FB it was a gruesome suicide!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    A reporter who apparently know Molly and knows the partner has been saying on FB it was a gruesome suicide!?!
    From the reporters FB:
    The more of the gruesome details of a suicide that are publicly reported on, the more likely it is that someone reading it will imitate it. So just stop it. I am not publishing the details of Molly's suicide just to sate the idle curiosity of a bunch of armchair detectives who think this is an interactive TV drama. Accept what her family has said about her and Anson and leave it alone.
    And on a side note, if it really happened the way the fiance reported it, she must have really hated him or been super mad at him to walk off like that and kill herself somewhere in the house IMO.

ETA: or maybe she was just in such a bad/dark place that she couldn't think of how the situation would hurt him.
    Last edited by raisedbywolves; 01-02-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    From the reporters FB:

And on a side note, if it really happened the way the fiance reported it, she must have really hated him or been super mad at him to walk off like that and kill herself somewhere in the house IMO.

ETA: or maybe she was just in such a bad/dark place that she couldn't think of how the situation would hurt him.
    This reminds me of the Daniel o keeffe suicide where he did it in in a crawl space of the family home and wasn’t found for 5/6 years. I hope we find out more about what happened.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    She seems like she was a lovely person. RIP Molly
    I never shed a tear when confederates are mauled. Personal policy.
    animosity

Not being able to find a missing dead person inside of your own house is like not being able to find your glasses when their on your head only on steroids. I will never understand it. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37194082/...f-criminal-act

CPD: Molly Miller's Death Does Not Currently Appear to be Result of Criminal Act

The Charlottesville Police Department is now saying that Molly Meghan Miller’s death does not appear to be the result of a criminal act.

Results from an autopsy conducted Wednesday, January 3, are still pending. As a result, the cause of death for the 31-year-old woman has not been finalized. Authorities said in a statement released Thursday, January 4, that, "These tests results and report may take quite some time to be completed and sent to our department. As such, no additional information will be released until those reports are finalized."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Sorry if this has already been shared (too lazy to make sure), but she apparently had terminal cancer:

Police have refused to give any details, but Landers says Molly suffered from terminal cancer, and her death was likely a suicide.
    http://wvtf.org/post/police-say-no-f...h-molly-miller

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Sorry if this has already been shared (too lazy to make sure), but she apparently had terminal cancer:

http://wvtf.org/post/police-say-no-f...h-molly-miller
    Wow, no, I had not seen that. Thanks for posting, and good to see you online!

Molly's Mom seems confused about why her daughter committed suicide. This makes me wonder if she really did have terminal cancer. The whole thing is odd.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37196658/...-cites-suicide

Mom's statement:

FULL FACEBOOK STATEMENT:

Molly is a light shining forever; her spirit and creations are everywhere I look. She is with us and wants us to remember her free spirit. From the moment she was born on April 6, 1986 I have enjoyed the miracle of Molly.

"Why?" will haunt us until we can ask her when we join her in heaven. "Why did you take your life when you were so happy and had so many wonderful plans and dreams?" She and I spoke on the phone at 6:57p the Friday night she went missing. She and Anson had gotten a battery and alternator to fix her truck on Saturday and then she was coming to spend a few days with us. In the past few years, she was the happiest I'd ever seen her - she loved Anson and Luca (their dog) fiercely and completely. There was not a single sign that anything was wrong or bothering her. We were so close - best friends - and had become even closer lately with long talks about politics, religion, and her search for spiritual truth. Believe me we are all asking "Why?" but even if we had the answers, it won't bring her back. We have found no letter left behind.

What we all must do instead is give our love, support, and gentle care to Anson. He lost the love and light of his life, and the despair we feel does not even begin to touch his grief. But he IS here on this earth and there are ways we can help him, beginning with respecting his sorrow.

My husband/Molly's dad, Dano and I; Anson's mother Phyllis, and Anson's sisters Nealin and Laura, are doing everything to help in practical ways - pipes freeze, bills arrive, laundry needs doing, and although none of us has an appetite, we have to eat. Luca, their dog, is a Godsend and I'm so glad Anson is keeping this sweet dog with him. Molly rescued Luca and now Luca is helping to rescue Anson.

The love and help from so many people during this time is a testament to Molly. Family, friends, neighbors, the Police, and even people who don't know her personally are blessing us with love and kindness. Although we cannot answer "Why?" we can answer "What can we do?" Pray for Anson and show him respect and gentle, patient, love.

Anson has asked us to thank all who have reached out and helped. We ask for patience as he is not taking many visitors right now and is not on either his phone or computer. It will take time, and your love in the weeks, months, and years to come will be needed and felt just as strongly.

There may be a need for workers to help work on their house; we will share the details if and when that happens.

There will be a celebration of life for Molly; probably outside where we can spread her ashes. We will share the details of that when it is planned.

For now, cherish your memories, pictures, creations, and conversations with Molly. She is free and shining and at peace.

Her twitter acct: https://twitter.com/easternstarock

I think she would have fit in nicely with the crowd on MDS.

Sooooo weird

Here is what her mom is saying now:
    https://www.facebook.com/marian.mcconnell.14

MOLLY MILLER – We Believe Accidental Overdose of Kratom

Molly suffered most of her adult life from the excruciating monthly pain of endometriosis (a disorder in which tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus). While overall she was healthy, strong, and active, for about a week every month she could be incapacitated from the pain. We (and her doctors) tried everything from laser surgery, prescription pain killers, acupuncture, yoga, meditation, and as of about 2 years ago, she began taking an herbal remedy, Kratom. Up until December 29th, the Kratom worked well for her with little to no negative side effects, and allowed her to function normally and have better quality of life. It was very expensive and not covered by insurance.

On Friday December 29th, she went to Harris Teeter and used her credit card to get the money necessary to pick up the COD package from FedEx – she always ordered the Kratom online and had it delivered. It is legal and the Police have copies of the paperwork confirming her purchases and the source (company) that she bought it from. I had accompanied her many times to do that, and had also witnessed her taking the Kratom drops (in tea) when she was having her period.

I had looked up Kratom online and seen some mild possible side effects mentioned, but didn’t investigate far enough; it was my sister who found the link that made us realize what obviously happened.
    https://deserthopetreatment.com/drug-overdose/kratom/

In this article by Desert Hope Treatment Center it says about Kratom Overdose:

“Possible signs of a kratom overdose include: Nausea, Irritability, Agitation, Drowsiness, Elevated blood pressure, Rapid heartbeat, Psychosis, Seizure.
    These symptoms can be dangerous, and that danger is compounded by the fact that there’s not yet much information on what dose is appropriate. It’s highly recommended to start out small, taking just a few grams at first to figure out how much your body can handle. What is known is that kratom produces stimulant effects at smaller doses, but as the dose is raised, it can produce strong sedative and euphoric effects. At even higher doses, it can produce hallucinations and delusions. Beyond that, overdose is likely. Psychosis mixed with panic attacks, aggression, or severe depression can become very dangerous as the individual may lose touch with reality and cause injury to others or even attempt suicide.”

We are 100% convinced Molly accidentally overdosed on Kratom; perhaps put too many drops in her tea, took an extra dose for extra pain, or got a bad batch, and it made her do what she did because her thought processes were distorted by the Kratom. She was happy and making positive plans up until that night; there was NO indication that she was upset or planning anything other than good things.

We are still awaiting the results of the toxicology report, which the Police specifically requested to look for the presence (and if possible the quantity) of Kratom in her system. Regardless of the results (which may be difficult to get due to the cold temperature of the house), we know without a doubt this is what happened.

With all the challenges in the world today for treating chronic pain safely and effectively, it is imperative that everyone know about the dangers of Kratom. If there can be a blessing in this tragedy, perhaps it’s that other lives can be saved by knowing that this drug can be fatal.

In our grief, this has given us relief knowing that it was Kratom, and not anyone (including herself), who drove her to behave as she did. We love Molly and will continue to pour our love and care on her fianc? Anson, along with spreading the word about the dangers of Kratom to keep this from happening to anyone else. Molly wants it that way.

Marian McConnell (Molly’s Mother)

Hmm....I don't know if I'm buying a supplement overdose. I do know chronic pain could have been a precursor.

Hmm....I don't know if I'm buying a supplement overdose. I do know chronic pain could have been a precursor.
    I'm not sure if I am buying it in this particular case, but many supplements aren't exactly safe since they aren't fully FDA regulated, and this particular one has been in the media lately.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6d83d0aff8ec

FDA warns of 'deadly risks' of the herb kratom, citing 36 deaths

I first heard of kratom a few months ago on Reddit. Someone who was majorly hooked on it was talking about it, and I ended up falling down the rabbit hole on the r/quittingkratom sub. Man, it sounds like some nasty stuff. I don't recall anyone talking about OD-ing on it, but the withdrawals sound terrible, and they supposedly last a lot longer than opioid withdrawals.

There's a pro-kratom sub, too, and people there act like it's this magical, harmless stuff ... harmless like pot, they say. Doesn't sound like it, to me.

I understand why people battling opioid addiction see it as a better option than turning to heroin, but I don't think trading one addiction for another is a great solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not your business View Post
    I will out think the fucking pants off of you and you would thank me for helping you out of them.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by TupeloHoney View Post
    I first heard of kratom a few months ago on Reddit. Someone who was majorly hooked on it was talking about it, and I ended up falling down the rabbit hole on the r/quittingkratom sub. Man, it sounds like some nasty stuff. I don't recall anyone talking about OD-ing on it, but the withdrawals sound terrible, and they supposedly last a lot longer than opioid withdrawals.

There's a pro-kratom sub, too, and people there act like it's this magical, harmless stuff ... harmless like pot, they say. Doesn't sound like it, to me.

I understand why people battling opioid addiction see it as a better option than turning to heroin, but I don't think trading one addiction for another is a great solution.
    I've been down the drug rabbit hole on reddit... My favorite is the guy who decided to try heroin. Took him exactly 2 weeks to become a addict. I've always read kartom to be harmless, but there's also bad trip reports. I personally wouldn't and have never touched anything besides Marijuana. Maybe she was fighting other addictions, I've read about it being used to get off of other drugs.

She seemed like a cool person. RIP Molly.
    I never shed a tear when confederates are mauled. Personal policy.
    animosity

Thread Information