Thread: Akubra girl Amy "Dolly" Everett (14) comitted suicide because of online bullying

Akubra girl Amy "Dolly" Everett (14) comitted suicide because of online bullying

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-42631208

(Her Father) invited the bullies to her funeral, saying: "If by some chance the people who thought this was a joke and made themselves feel superior by the constant bullying and harassment see this post, please come to our service and witness the complete devastation you have created."

Northern Territory father shares daughter’s vile bullying messages after Dolly Everett’s death
    UST days after 14-year-old Dolly Everett’s suicide rocked the nation, the father of another teenage girl from the Northern Territory says his daughter has been bullied and harassed by an anonymous Snapchat user.

Russell Simpson, who said he knew Dolly and her family, said 15-year-old Katelyn had been bullied relentlessly via Snapchat for years.

He posted a photo on Facebook of one of the horrible messages he said Katelyn regularly receives.

“Why don’t you just go cut your wrist until you bleed out,” the message said.

“You’ll do everyone a favour. Go do what dolly did it should’ve been you not her”.
    Mr Simpson said his daughter hadn’t told her parents about the offensive messages and was made aware of the bullying by another parent.

“Just had a phone call from a very concerned mother because her daughter is so upset and emotionally distressed because she read the following and this was sent to Katelyn,” Mr Simpson wrote on Facebook.

“After (the mother) calmed and explained the following issues that we have been having, the mother like us is totally bewildered.

“To all the people that think we go on and on about cyber bulling here is your example to what Katelyn has put up with over the years.

“It doesn’t worry her anymore but now it has become to the point where OK here I come and look out.”

He said the family was on a mission to track down the bully and have narrowed down the possible suspects to five people.

“Let us track this little vermin down,” he wrote.

“We know it has to be someone Katelyn knows as you must have her phone number to connect to her account. If by any chance ... you get to read this, keep looking over your shoulder.”

Mr Simpson said Katelyn has reported the messages to Snapchat.

The incident comes just days after hundreds of supporters bid farewell to Dolly Everett at her funeral service on Friday.

Hundreds of supporters gathered at the Casuarina Street Public School in Katherine and wore her favourite colour, blue.

Dolly’s father Tick Everett encouraged parents to check in with their children and for young people to “be kind and do it for Dolly”.

“To all the parents — please check your children, talk to them, talk to them about their relationships, talk to them about their bullying, whichever way it might be happening,” Mr Everett said.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/par...c19e21c0f28920

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Poor lovely girl. I cannot imagine the pain her parents/family and friends are going through.

Why is that article referring to katelyn when the girls name is either dolly or Amy? My mind immediately jumped to "Katelyn Nicole Davis" and I thought this was an old story.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    Why is that article referring to katelyn when the girls name is either dolly or Amy? My mind immediately jumped to "Katelyn Nicole Davis" and I thought this was an old story.
    Katelyn is one of Dollys friends. After dolly died, Katelyn got messages telling her to die too.

Oh thanks. I was so confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Omg children are savages. How are you gonna tell the friend of a suicide victim that she should join her? I'm not *that* old, but I can say that we didn't do shit like that in my day. If someone killed themselves, and a couple kids at my school did, everyone was kind to their friends for a couple of weeks at least, and after that time if some bullying resumed it was never about the friend who was dead. That's just fucked. Omfg that's brutal.

This happens with way too much frequency.

I wish kids would cut the crap and stop bullying, but if they don't why not just block social networking sites like Snapchat or whatever they're using to message you?

We were lucky we could get away from bullies when I was a kid, all we had to do was go home from school.

Maybe it's that lack of a break that makes suicides more frequent. In that case you need to be proactive!

So much easier to say than to do.

This could have been me once.
    Rest In Peace, little girl.

Thread Information