Thread: Sophie Smith (21) missing from Gorleston, Norfolk, UK since 12/26/17

Sophie Smith (21) missing from Gorleston, Norfolk, UK since 12/26/17

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-42493127

Police have been scouring CCTV in an effort to locate a student who has been missing since Boxing Day, as hope of finding her safe and well "diminishes".

Sophie Smith, 21, left her home in Gorleston, Norfolk, dressed in shorts and a vest top at 03:00 GMT.

CCTV footage may show her heading towards the town's beachfront, police said.

But despite a large search effort, "no further trace" of Sophie has been found.

On Thursday, members of her family and volunteers went out to search a beach near a pier in Great Yarmouth.

Ms Smith's father Martin Knowles said the family was "still praying and hoping Sophie will walk through her mum's door, just so we can put our arms around her and tell her how much we love her".

He described his daughter as "happy-go-lucky, full of life, very popular, liked by a lot of people".

"She's had a bit of hard time recently but I think all youngsters do. It's hard being young," Mr Knowles said.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

Doesn't sound good.

?We have a possible CCTV image of Sophie heading towards the seafront but, despite all our efforts, we have found no further trace of her.? Sophie, who suffers from anxiety and depression, is described as being white, about 5ft 8in tall, and is slim with shoulder length blonde hair.

Mr Drummond added: ?I would like to take this opportunity to ask the public to check their sheds and outbuildings in case Sophie has got disorientated and slept in the nearest place of shelter. ?We are in close contact with Sophie?s family, who are being supported by officers at what is a very difficult time for them.
    However, due to the circumstances in which she left home with minimal clothing, no mobile phone, her mental state and the weather conditions, the hope of finding Sophie safe and well diminishes as time goes on.?

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/29/missin...1/?ito=cbshare

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-42521945

On Friday, police said it was likely the 21-year-old had gone into the sea. The coastguard and police helicopter has searched the shoreline.

Caravans at the Hopton Holiday Village in Great Yarmouth were searched.
    http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/reward-of...mith-1-5338102

Cash reward offered in search for missing Gorleston student Sophie Smith

A ?5,000 reward has been offered in the hope of finding information which leads to the safe return of missing Gorleston student Sophie Smith.

The gesture has been made by Jason Smith, from Gorleston-based RJS Builders and will only be paid following information which leads directly to the safe return of the 21-year-old.
    Find Sophie FB page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/8007...1698223348038/

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-42543300

Missing Sophie Smith: Police scale back search

The search for a missing student who disappeared the day after Christmas is being scaled back after police "exhausted" all lines of inquiry.

Sophie Smith, 21, walked out of her house in Gorleston, Norfolk, wearing just a pair of shorts and vest top at 03:00 GMT.

Norfolk Police, which said it was most likely she went into the sea, confirmed it was scaling back its search.

Volunteers have vowed to continue looking for her.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018...disappearance/

Missing student left suicide note before her disappearance

A 21-year-old student from Norfolk left a note to her family "outlining her intentions", police have said.

Sophie Smith, who was in her second year at The University of East Anglia, was known to be suffering severe anxiety and depression before she went missing in the early hours of Boxing Day.

Police Inspector Will Drummond said: "What I can say is that from speaking to the family in great detail, Sophie suffers from severe anxiety and depression, which she is being treated for.

"There was a level of what I would call preparation prior to running away.

"I think the combination of the preparation and her mental state at the time, comments made, may suggest there is a likelihood that unfortunately she may have gone into the sea.

"We know from speaking to her family that Sophie had previously spoken about her intention to enter the sea to take her own life.

"Sadly, we can also confirm that Sophie had left a note and messages for loved ones, outlining her intentions."

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    So sad.

A student who went missing on Boxing Day had researched train journeys from her nearest station the day before she disappeared, her father has said.

Sophie Smith, 21, left her home in Gorleston in Norfolk, dressed in shorts and a vest top at 03:00 GMT. She left a note about taking her own life.

Martin Knowles said a computer search revealed she had looked at trains travelling away from Great Yarmouth.

This had given him "a glimmer of hope" that she was still alive, he said.

The last sighting of Ms Smith was on CCTV running towards the seafront in Gorleston after she left her home.

She had been receiving treatment for depression and anxiety.

The police, coastguard, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and Norfolk Lowland Search and Rescue scoured the area, before the search was scaled down.

Mr Knowles said the police told him there were no new leads at a recent meeting and "they are still under the impression that she's gone into the sea".

He added: "Not having closure is the most difficult part of it for me and the family.

"I will not give up until I hear otherwise - that she has been found in unfortunate circumstances or hopefully in a positive circumstance."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-43005190

I hate that this gives him a glimmer of hope because likely she travelled away to take her own life. The only other option is that she left the note to throw them off so she could run away and start a new life, but considering what she left with (which seems like not much) and her anxiety and depression it doesn't seem likely. So sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller22 View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. Poor Brennen Tammons.
    Oh well, back to gum.
    ....or exchanging Puke's wang for spicy nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    I know, right? What the fuck, puke? Willing to take in Boston, an Irish dude and like, 17 dogs but not Ron? poor Ron.

Thread Information