Thread: 6 dead, including suspect, after shooting at Vaughan condo building: police

6 dead, including suspect, after shooting at Vaughan condo building: police

Not much info released yet, but one person survived the shooting so hopefully there will be more information soon.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9358130/v...VXs2y44uU9JeKo

6 dead, including suspect, after shooting at Vaughan condo building: police

By Ryan Rocca Global News
    Posted December 18, 2022 9:27 pm
    Updated December 19, 2022 7:29 am

Six people are dead, including a suspect, after a shooting at a Vaughan condo building Sunday evening, the York Regional Police chief says.

In a press conference around 11 p.m., Chief Jim MacSween said emergency crews responded to an active shooting call around 7:20 p.m. at a building on Jane Street, just north of Rutherford Road.

?Once the officers arrived, they were met with with ? a horrendous scene where numerous victims were deceased,? MacSween said.

MacSween said a seventh person was also injured, taken to hospital and is expected to survive.

An officer discharged their firearm and as a result the suspect died, MacSween said.

The province?s Special Investigations Unit, which investigates the conduct of officers in incidents that have resulted in death, serious injury, or alleged sexual assault, has been notified to investigate the suspect?s death, he said.

No officers were injured in the incident.

York Region Paramedics said they responded to the scene with five ambulances, two special response vehicles, and one multi-patient vehicle.

MacSween said officers were working to clear the building, but added that there was ?no further threat to the community at this point.?

?Right now (we) just offer our sincere condolences to the victims? families,? he said.

?We?re in the process right now of doing notifications to those families.?

MacSween didn?t confirm whether the shooter went to multiple units, but in an earlier press conference Const. Laura Nicolle said ?it sounds as though there (was) more than one unit affected.?

York police?s homicide unit is investigating.

?It?s going to take us some time to determine the motive in this investigation and what drew this person here,? MacSween said.

In an update Monday morning, police said any residents that were evacuated have been able to return to their units as it?s been deemed safe following a thorough search by officers.

An officer discharged their firearm and as a result the suspect died, MacSween said
    What a round about way of saying the officer shot him.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    What a round about way of saying the officer shot him.
    It's Canada, eh. They can't say that, it's way too harsh. Remember, they're our kinder, gentler neighbors up north and apparently living next to a bad neighborhood is rubbing off a little on them.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    It's Canada, eh. They can't say that, it's way too harsh. Remember, they're our kinder, gentler neighbors up north and apparently living next to a bad neighborhood is rubbing off a little on them.

They are now saying the shooter was a 73 year old man who lived in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by jennafyre View Post
    They are now saying the shooter was a 73 year old man who lived in the building.
    I wonder if the victims were targeted, or he just randomly shot people?

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

73 year old shooter had complaints about living conditions and this article says he had a meeting with the condo board scheduled for tomorrow.

https://medicotopics.com/vaughan-cit...hM5YnCkS58bBMU

Who was Francesco Villi?
    Francesco Villi is the suspect who was shot by the police. At around 7.20 p.m., on Sunday, a male shooter who had shot several victims at a condo in Vaughan, Ontario, prompted police to be dispatched to a residential building in the city. Police reported that a male suspect passed away. Following an interaction with authorities upon their arrival, a male suspect was shot by police. Medical personnel on the site verified his demise.

At least one conscious woman was spotted being carried into an ambulance. Heavy weapons are drawn, and officers could be seen patrolling the area. ?I just want justice? Toronto condo shooting gunman condemned building management about quality of life issues, as per the unconfirmed sources.

Francesco Villi, the suspect, is a native of Vaughan, Canada. On his Facebook page, he frequently posted tirade videos denouncing injustice. Due to the terrible air quality, he was suing Belleria Residences. He had a hearing with the condo board committee set for tomorrow.

Villi shot five individuals before being shot by police. He wrote rants every day about his living situation and phone discussions with lawyers. He also published a photo of himself last month with the word ?murder?.

Francesco Villi stated that he resides at the address 9235 Jane Street, Maple, Ontario. That is the location of the Bellaria Tower Condos, where the quadruple murder occurred in Vaughan, Toronto.

McSween said there is no further threat to the community at this time, as he offered his condolences to the families of the victims. ?We?re in the process right now of notifying those families, so at this point, I can?t share any information about the victims or the matter,? he said.

SIU Investigation:
    The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) of Ontario will be notified, according to York police. The SIU investigates any occurrence in Ontario in which someone dies while police are present.

?When the police came, an interaction happened between the policemen and a male person, and the subject was shot?. In a statement issued late on Sunday, York regional police confirmed that Francesco Villi was declared dead at the scene.

James MacSween, chief of York?s police department, described the incident as a ?Horrendous scene.? Six deceased. One of them is the subject. The other five are victims., he added. According to police officer Laura Nicolle, the incident was the ?most terrible call I?ve seen in my entire career?.

In a previous news conference, Nicolle stated that it looked the victims were from more than one unit. Although MacSween claimed there was no longer a threat to the neighborhood, police evacuated the building at 9235 Jane Street, north of Rutherford Road. He stated that they wanted to have occupants back in their units within hours.

Why did Francesco Villi shot multiple people?
    The motive behind the shooting is not known yet. Five victims are deceased, a sixth victim is in hospital in serious condition and the suspect is deceased following an active shooter incident at a condominium building located at 9235 Jane Street in the City of Vaughan, York police said in the statement.

On Sunday, December 18, 2022, at around 7:20 p.m., police were called to a residential building on Jane Street, north of Rutherford Road, for a report of an active man shooter who had shot several people.

When the police came, a male subject engaged the cops in conversation, leading to the shooting of the person. At the scene, he was declared dead. The Special Investigations Unit has been contacted by the York Regional Police (SIU).

The facility has been thoroughly searched by the Emergency Response Unit to make sure there are no other victims and it?s safe.

?We extend our heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families,? Chief MacSween stated from the scene, adding that there is no additional threat to public safety. The investigation is still in progress. Updates will follow.?, police stated.

He posted this yesterday. He has been posting crazy shit for a year or so:
    ??=(+_)����❤where's Justice when you need
    Freedom of Speech expression Liberty Rights
    SHIRLEY RIGHTON LLP LAWYERS, WHO Are all of you to Dine all my Civil rights in my own home Unit 104; And to manipulate the justice JUDGE and lying to the justice Judges without any Scruples as you have no fear of the Judge; all of you have abused me Francesco Villi discriminate And Torment Torture me for years for self interests and Gains to Support Benny Marotta and Giuseppe Paolicelli, this is Criminality, VIDEO FOR THE JUSTICE JUDGES TO LISTEN AND REVIEW IMPORTANT ������
    The writer it's Sane with Visions of morality fv.
    He thinks he was attacked by the condo people. I dont know why he killed innocent residents though.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Whoa, dude was crazy. He has snot coming from his nose in some videos (ewww). I only briefly scrolled, but he obviously had issues.

Thread Information