Thread: Billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman were found hanged in the pool room of their mansion

Billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman were found hanged in the pool room of their mansion

This reminds me of the Zahau case. Officials are saying suicide, but it sounds weird.

Some stunning new details about the gruesome discovery of the bodies of Toronto billionaires Honey and Barry Sherman have investigators scratching their heads on why were they killed?

Was this a double homicide? A murder-suicide?

In what Toronto Police call the ?suspicious deaths? of Apotex founder and owner Barry Sherman and his popular and charitable wife, Honey that have shocked the city, there are as many questions as answers.

Homicide detectives and forensic experts were working hard Monday to solve the bizarre case involving one of Canada?s richest and most philanthropic couples.

And new information offers an even more disturbing look into what a real estate agent and police found in the pool area of their home.

Sources say investigators found the Shermans, side by side, in their windowless pool room, each with a men?s leather belt wrapped around their necks and tied to the pool railing. Both had on jackets that were pulled ?behind their backs? and rolled down over their arms.

It is believed the camera in the pool area had been disconnected.

So far, police are not calling this a homicide but homicide squad detectives are on the case. Police spokesman Mark Pugash says it is still being treated simply as a suspicious death.

There are so many questions, so few answers and even more theories.

What we know:

? The Shermans died Thursday inside their 12,440 square-foot Old Colony Rd. mansion which was up for sale for $6.9 million.
    ? They were not found until 11:45 a.m. Friday.
    ? There was no sign of forced entry and no suicide note.
    ? The Shermans were planning to build a new home in Forest Hill.
    ? Toronto Police said they are not currently looking for suspects.
    ? The couple had scheduled trip this week to Florida.
    ? Autopsies Saturday and Sunday indicate the Sherman?s died from ?ligature neck compression?
    Sources say police believe they are dealing with a murder-suicide and that Mrs. Sherman?s body may have been moved from a secondary scene inside the home to the pool room.

But the assertion this could be a murder-suicide was forcefully rejected by the Sherman?s children, Lauren, Jonathon, Alexandra and Kaelen.

?We are shocked and think it?s irresponsible that police sources have reportedly advised the media of a theory which neither their family, their friends nor their colleagues believe to be true.?

In a statement, they urged police ?to conduct a thorough, intensive and objective criminal investigation,? they wrote.

?Our parents shared an enthusiasm for life and commitment to their family and community totally inconsistent with the rumours regrettably circulated in the media as to the circumstances surrounding their deaths,? the statement read.

Forensic officers in white suits ? sometimes carrying bags of evidence ? were coming and going from the mansion on Monday.

Meanwhile, police have not commented on a tweet from Steve Paikin, of TVO?s The Agenda, that he had ?heard from a trusted source that an alleged law enforcement investigation was closing in on the Shermans.?

It is common knowledge that Sherman, 75, was often involved in business litigation and had been named in a thrown-out lawsuit with relatives seeking part of his near $5-billion.

But so far police are not calling this a double murder ? something not sitting well with friends and some neighbours.

?I think it was a murder,? said Eddie Gilbert, the Shermans? next door neighbour for 15 years. ?Of course it was. What else would it be? How could he pick her up and put her on a railing? She was a bigger gal.?

Gilbert and his wife, who have socialized with the Shermans, added with a wedding of one child coming up in the spring and a grandchild on the way, suicide just doesn?t add up.

If the investigators agree, a police source says, detectives will not hesitate to reveal such a determination ?in front of the cameras.?

So far, however, Pugash reported no updates.

Benjamin?s Park Memorial Chapel says on its website that a funeral for the couple is planned at 11 a.m. on Thursday at the International Centre in Mississauga.

http://torontosun.com/news/local-new...ionaire-couple

The house they died in was for sale for almost $7 million.

Where they died

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    That's a beautiful house and that pool...Fresh Off the Boat?

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I'm going to have to pay for preemie just to edit. Isn't Brian and Honey the name of the couple on Fresh Off the Boat?

RIP Brian and Honey.

*Barry and Honey.
    This is my neighborhood. They were a lovely couple.
    RIP Shermans

Such a cozy, homey place. Not.

Also, friends don't let friends draw on spermatozoan eyebrows.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by More Cowbelle; 12-21-2017 at 11:20 PM.

It took a private investigation to discover this? Obviously people with lots of money are going to be targeted.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/sherma...r&_gsc=4gsMRNL

Toronto police are now treating the deaths of billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman as a double homicide.

Det. Susan Gomes made the announcement at a news conference on Friday, saying it?s believed that the couple was targeted.

The Shermans? bodies were discovered in their mansion on Dec. 15. An autopsy found that the couple died from ?ligature neck compressions.?

Barry Sherman, 75, was the founder and former CEO of the generic drug company Apotex. Honey Sherman, 70, was a well-known philanthropist involved in numerous charitable endeavours.

After more than a month of combing through the Shermans? home, property and vehicles, police released the house on Friday to private investigators hired by the family.

Last week, the Toronto Star?s chief investigative reporter Kevin Donovan told CTV News Channel that the private team of investigators conducted a second autopsy and found that the Shermans? wrists were bound at some point ? pointing to murders.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Are we already eating the rich and no one told me?!
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Cousin of murdered Canadian billionaire says he fantasized about decapitating him
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...usin-1.4514176

In a wide-ranging interview with The Fifth Estate, Winter said he told his psychiatrist that in the past, he had fantasized about murdering Barry Sherman.

"I would talk about killing Barry, and it was very graphic," Winter said. "He would come out of the parking lot of Apotex, and I'd be hiding behind a car, and I'd just decapitate him. I wanted to roll his head down the parking lot, and I'd sit there and wait for the police."

Gee, wonder why he was seeing a shrink?

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Gee, wonder why he was seeing a shrink?
    Me too. What's bad about his fantasies?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Me too. What's bad about his fantasies?
    All legit if you ask me.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

All legit if you ask me.
    Who hasn't fantasized about decapitating a rich senior citizen at least once?

Who admits something like that while the investigation is still going in lol?! This made me think he was jealous of the attention his cousin was getting and wanted some for himself. Crazy.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...s-fortune.html

One Saturday afternoon in May of 2019, when nobody was looking, a man slipped under the garage door of the late Barry and Honey Sherman’s home.

The site of the Shermans’ murder 17 months earlier by ligature strangulation was slated for demolition. There is a subculture in Toronto, and elsewhere, called “urbex” or “urban explorers,” people who go where they are not supposed to go, sometimes for art through photography, simple curiosity, or thrill.

“It took a bit of planning. I waited until the security cameras came down just before the demolition started,” the man said in an interview. “Then I went in.”

What he found inside the home was surprising. Despite a major police investigation in the case, and one by a private detective team working for the Sherman family, the man found furniture and cabinets intact, and photos, papers and files scattered around. Among them, an upcoming dinner engagement scrawled on a note; another, a list of planned showings of the house, which had been for sale. “To me, a lot of it looked like evidence. I was surprised.”

The Urbex man’s photos and videos also show beds, leather couches, tables and many keepsakes, plus a very large box of medications (mostly with Honey’s name on the label), some with Apotex labels, some not. The medications are for sleeping disorders, muscle pain and spasms, arthritis and chest pains.

The excavators and workers arrived two days later, knocking down the house and burying everything. It is now a vacant lot.

Barry and Honey Sherman were found murdered in their basement swimming pool room on Friday, Dec. 15, 2017, having been killed in the evening two days earlier. The case, still unsolved, attracted international attention. Barry was the founder and owner of Apotex, a generic pharmaceutical company. He and his wife, Honey, were major charitable donors in the Jewish community and to non-Jewish causes.

Toronto police initially investigated the case as a murder suicide. Six weeks after the bodies were found, following a story in the Toronto Star that revealed that a second set of autopsies determined it was a double murder, the officer then in charge of the case announced it was a “targeted” double murder.

Toronto police this week said the case remains an open and active probe. Police have a “theory” of the case and an “idea of what happened,” but will not say if they have a suspect or suspects. Court challenges by the Star to seek information on the investigation — now two and a half years old — have been postponed due to the pandemic’s shuttering of the court system.

The Sherman home — a 12,000-square-foot house they built in the 1980s — was at 50 Old Colony Rd., just east off Bayview Avenue and south of Highway 401 in the north end of Toronto. Representatives of the Sherman family applied to North York municipal authorities in early 2019 for permission to knock down the house.

An agent representing the Sherman family had written to the city saying, “the house has been vacant for the past year … along with bad memories and a stigma attached due to the incident that took place. It is the family’s desire to level the house, clean up the site, fill in the pool and put the lot up for sale.”

Construction hoarding went up around the home, and Lions Demolition was hired to do the work in May 2019. Though Barry and Honey had never had surveillance cameras on their home — Barry scoffed at the idea and told friends “if they are going to get you they are going to get you” — high-tech security cameras were installed after the bodies were discovered. Whether by Toronto police or the family, neither will say.

It was those cameras that the Urbex man was watching throughout the month of May. When they came down — they were likely leased from a security company — he decided it was time.

The Star has interviewed the Urbex man and agreed not to identify him as he is concerned that either the police or the Sherman family will pursue him for trespassing. He says he has no connection to the case or to the Sherman family. He took photos and video (the Star has seen them but he did not give permission for their publication) and nothing else, he says. The man published an account of his visit to the Sherman home on a Reddit post, which he has since deleted.

The Urbex man went in mid-afternoon. He climbed over a wall on one side of the property. He did not think he would get inside the home, figuring all the doors would be locked. The Sherman home had a 10-car underground garage accessed by a ramp on the right side of the house. It is likely that Barry Sherman drove down that ramp on the night of Wednesday, Dec. 13, shortly before he was murdered.

Seventeen months after the crimes were committed, with nobody around, the Urbex man walked down the garage ramp and tried the door. It lifted up easily.

Power had been cut, so there were no lights. He brought with him a battery-operated worklight and his camera.

To understand the phenomenon of urban exploration you have to put aside the rules that govern society. Entering a home, even a home abandoned for so long, is something that most people won’t do.

In a blog post by another urban Canadian urban explorer, this is how the person describes what he does:

“Urban Exploration Photography can take on any number of descriptions and wear many hats. It is a hobby performed by a person with an interest in exploring the parts of civilization that are typically off limits, such as abandoned places, underground drains and rooftops. But it doesn’t end there, some Urban Exploration enthusiasts go so far as to infiltrate active buildings, ships, train tunnels and power plants, and it also goes as small as a simple abandoned farmhouse on a back road.”

It was dark in the Sherman garage. The urbex man pulled the door down behind him, and switched on his light. His pulse rate was up slightly, he noticed. While he had done this sort of thing many times, this was different, given what had happened.

There was nothing to see in the garage so he left through a door that opened onto a spiral staircase heading up to the first and second floor. It’s one of two staircases it is believed the attacker or attackers used to take Honey Sherman (who was likely surprised on the first floor by an assailant) down to the basement.

The pool where the bodies were found was just down the hallway, but “I wasn’t quite ready to experience that yet,” the man said in his Reddit post. He went upstairs.

What he found on the first floor, and then the second, surprised him. He wrote in his post:

“I figured a lot of stuff would have been taken out by Toronto Police, sent to an auction house or saved by family members, but that wasn’t really the case,” the man recalls. “There was stuff everywhere, furniture, clothes, artwork, books, personal letters, memos, photos of the deceased, the works. Pretty much every room I stepped into had me saying ‘jesus f--- christ’ out loud to myself, wondering what I was getting myself into.”

A Toronto police spokesperson, told by the Star what the man said he saw, said police have no comment on the man’s observations, and are “only prepared to stay that this is an active and ongoing investigation.”

The Sherman family, through its then lawyer Brian Greenspan, has previously criticized the police for not doing a thorough investigation of the crime scene, claiming the forensics team missed numerous finger and palm prints, and failed to appreciate in a timely fashion that it was a double murder. Police maintain they did a thorough investigation of the home and removed “150 bulk or packaged items” for analysis, according to statements made by investigating officers at press conferences and during the Star’s attempts to have search warrant documents unsealed.

Friends of the Sherman couple have expressed dismay to the Star that the home was knocked down, and that many items of sentimental or material value, or importance to the investigation, may have been buried.

However, the Sherman family has said they made significant efforts to remove items from the home.

In a letter to the Star after a story on a mysterious 911 call in the area around the time of the murders, Greenspan took issue with a paragraph that noted the large number of items in the home when demolition occurred.

Greenspan wrote that the “Sherman siblings spent countless days at 50 Old Colony sorting and donating everything which was salvageable.” Greenspan said “Barry and Honey Sherman’s clothing were donated to a charity clothing auction that raised tens of thousands of dollars for that charity.””

Not the Picasso!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

OMG they shouldn't have even bothered releasing that image

"We can't tell if it's a male, female, black, white, 3 dogs in a trenchcoat..."

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/14/ameri...ect/index.html

Toronto police ask for help in identifying suspect in murder of billionaire philanthropists

I saw that guy in the grocery store!!
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This video can't be the only evidence they have. It says that the evidence they have is enough to call him a suspect. Not just a person of interest. First they drop the ball and it takes a Private Investigator to do their job for them to uncover that it was actually a homicide and now they release video of someone that could literally be anyone and expect people to know who this person is?

It's Canada. Even if they DID find this person, they'd only spend a year in jail with four course meals and luxury robes. If some dude can literally cut off a guys head on a Greyhound Bus in full view of like 50 witnesses and get let out in five years, this guy won't get shit anyway.
    Last edited by Boston Babe 73; 12-14-2021 at 06:32 PM.
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    I saw that guy in the grocery store!!
    Now confirmed to be a male.

I know. I wasn't going to post it but then decided to because I wanted you guys to see it and roll your eyes.
    Yeah I saw this too and when they were like- "we want you to come forward to clear yourself as a suspect", I was thinking: YEAH... OKAY

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barry-s...illion-reward/

5 years after a billionaire and his wife were found murdered, their family is offering $35 million to catch their killer

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/barry-s...illion-reward/

5 years after a billionaire and his wife were found murdered, their family is offering $35 million to catch their killer
    Dammit I wish I knew who killed them.

Thread Information