Thread: Shanaya Coley (24) was found dead in her vehicle five months after she disappeared

Shanaya Coley (24) was found dead in her vehicle five months after she disappeared

http://abc7ny.com/alert-issued-for-m...ucted/2748752/

Police in New Jersey are asking for the public's help to find a woman who has been reported missing and may have been abducted.

The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office said 24-year-old Shanaya Coley, of Paterson, was injured and possibly abducted in her own vehicle, a gray 2013 Nissan Altima with New Jersey plates: R74-HRX.

Coley was last seen December 5 at about 10:49 p.m. in the area of Colonial Avenue in Paterson.

Prosecutors said this is a very active investigation right now, and officers are out looking for her.

Anyone with information about Coley or if they spot her car, they should call Det. Sgt. Marco Aliano at 862-849-6019 or the Paterson Police Department at 973-321-1120.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2018...he_disappeared
    Last edited by Olivia; 05-14-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

They found blood and her glasses in the parking lot where she was abducted. This is going to end horribly. God bless her, I hope she didn't suffer too much.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBeWithMe View Post
    They found blood and her glasses in the parking lot where she was abducted. This is going to end horribly. God bless her, I hope she didn't suffer too much.
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0fa798612ed35

According to New Jersey State Police, Shanaya Coley, of Paterson, was last seen shortly before 11 p.m. Tuesday outside of her Colonial Avenue apartment complex.

A witness who called police reported hearing a struggle and a woman screaming, NJ.com reported. The witness then reportedly saw someone armed with a knife push Coley into her car and drive off.

At the time of her alleged abduction, Coley, the mother of a 3-year-old boy, was heading to her nursing job at Eastern Christian Children’s Retreat in Wyckoff, police said.
    It’s unclear if authorities suspect Coley was targeted. Her father told NBC New York that she’d recently taken out a restraining order against someone. That person’s identity is not yet known.

Ugh. Now I feel ill. How fucking terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

http://abc7ny.com/search-intensifies...j-mom/2772304/

Police intensify search for missing woman in Paterson

Police say they plan to go door to door Tuesday in the search for a young mother in New Jersey.

The search will focus on the neighborhood of Shanaya Coley in Paterson.

Investigators believe the 24-year-old was abducted in her own car last Tuesday.
    I can't believe there hasn't been more done in this case.

http://www.northjersey.com/story/new...get/955262001/

Narcotics detectives found three boys ages five and younger inside a Paterson apartment that was the target of a drug raid on Wednesday evening, police said.

The detectives arrested three people and seized 186 heroin packets and six bags of marijuana during the bust on East 31st Street in a relatively quiet section of the city, police said.

The three children were turned over to an uncle uninvolved in the raid, police said. One of the suspects, 24-year-old Marlay Parker, is the mother of two of the boys and aunt of the third, police said.
    Parker and the two other suspects – Anthony Coley, 23, and Priscilla Boland, 28 — were charged with child endangerment as well as possession and intent to distribute the drugs.

Coley is the younger brother of a 24-year-old woman, Shanaya Coley, who was abducted outside her home in Paterson’s 1st Ward, in a different section of the city, on Dec. 5, sources confirmed.

Law enforcement officials declined to say whether they believe the brother’s alleged drug activity was connected in any way to the woman’s disappearance. Authorities have been looking for the woman for 10 days without success. Police have not said whether they believe she was targeted or taken at random.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...an/1036181001/

Police 'have not forgotten' missing Paterson woman

Paterson police have not forgotten Shanaya Coley, the 24-year-old woman who was allegedly abducted in her own car in early December.

"We have not forgotten or moved on from trying to find out what occurred," said Detective Capt. Richard Reyes.

Despite receiving no new information, Reyes said members of the Police Department continue to follow up on leads as well as go "back to square one" and re-interview friends, family members and neighbors.

"We're starting from scratch to make sure we didn't miss anything," Reyes said. "We're confident that we haven't, but we have an understanding that there are still other things we might learn by talking to people we didn't before."

https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ey/1083124001/

Billboard highlights plight of missing Paterson mother

The parents of a 25-year-old Paterson woman who has been missing since her suspected abduction two months ago stood in prayer as her face flashed across a highway billboard in New Jersey’s largest city on Friday morning.

“Have you seen her?” asked the message above Shanaya Coley’s picture.

The billboard represents the latest efforts by Coley’s family and their supporters to find the young mother whom authorities classified as missing since Dec. 5, when someone drove off in her grey Nissan Altima, leaving behind her eyeglasses and bloodstains on the pavement of a Paterson apartment complex where she lived.

“Hope, I have never lost my hope and my faith,” said Coley’s mother, Rachel Martin, gazing at the billboard.

“As long as I don’t get a call from the coroner’s office or anything like that, then she’s still alive and around somewhere,” said her father, Willie Coley.

Coley’s family said they have not heard anything from police about possible leads in finding her. They are hoping the billboard, which they said is being provided for free by the advertising company, Clear Channel Outdoor, will produce information that turns her up.

Martin praised community members and elected officials who have supported her, including former school board member, Lilisa Mimms, who made the arrangements for the billboard on McCarter Highway, also known as Route 21, in the northern part of Newark.

Mimms said Clear Channel had agreed to post the electronic message about Coley on both sides of the billboard for the next three weeks. She said the family has established a GoFundMe account that has generated a $6,000 reward.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is a missing page set up for her: https://www.facebook.com/BlakeSmithM...ur&pnref=story

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Here is a missing page set up for her: https://www.facebook.com/BlakeSmithM...ur&pnref=story
    Lol looks like you put the wrong one. This is for the dude listed right under her. :)

http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/ind...son_woman.html

The last piece of evidence as to where Shanaya Coley disappeared is video from a camera mounted on a street light near the Walgreens on Chamberlain and Ryerson avenues, down the street from her home. It shows where Shanaya Coley's car was last seen.

Still, Shanaya's 2013 Nissan Altima with tinted windows has not yet been found. No sightings have been confirmed. No witnesses have been announced.

Since 1969, there are more than a 1,000 unsolved missing persons cases statewide and more than 300 investigations of unidentified human remains according to New Jersey State Police. Between 14,000-16,000 people are reported missing in New Jersey every year across the state.

Without any leads and few clues, Shanaya Coley's case has triggered the involvement of the U.S. Marshall's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigations, classifying her case as high profile, according to Ezaristo.

"Considering that she disappeared without nearly a trace we need the public's help," he said.

Family and friends are also offering a $6,000 reward for information on Shanaya Coley whereabouts via GoFundMe.

Her family still searches for her regularly. Her father drives around nearby shopping outlets, occasionally putting up posters, and her mother wears and gives out buttons emblazoned with her daughter's photo.
    A Facebook page titled "Find Shanaya Coley" is maintained by her best friend since high school, Brianna Combs. Combs updated the page on Amir's birthday in December and again on Shanaya's birthday in January.

"I'm not going to let anyone forget who she is," said Combs, Amir's godmother.
    FB for her search:https://www.facebook.com/FindShanayaColey/
    GFM: https://www.gofundme.com/bring-shanaya-homw

http://abc7ny.com/society/body-found...woman/3436134/

Car registered to missing New Jersey woman found with body inside

The Passaic County Prosecutor's Office said that on Sunday morning police received a call from a concerned citizen regarding an unattended car in the parking lot of a garden apartment complex on Marion Street in Paterson.

When officers arrived they discovered a charcoal gray Nissan Altima which is registered to Coley.

Upon approaching the vehicle, officers observed what appeared to be a body in the backseat of the vehicle.

The medical examiner was notified and a positive identification of the body has not yet been confirmed.
    https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ers/584778002/

Missing woman's dad says police virtually certain body is hers

Authorities said they had not yet identified the body that was found, nor did they describe the condition or contents of the vehicle.

But the woman’s father, Willie Coley, said a Paterson police officer told him that authorities were virtually certain that the body was his daughter’s.

“I got an answer to my prayers today,” said the father. “Even though it wasn’t what I wanted and it was bad news, at least it was an answer.”

Willie Coley said he had driven past the Marion Street apartments several times in recent months as he searched for his daughter and her car.

“I had a feeling she was nearby. I just didn’t know where,” the father said.

Illinois but the Southern part, which kind of sucks
    I wonder if she was there the whole time? If so, she had to be very badly decomposed. How did no one notice?

RIP baby girl.
    I never shed a tear when confederates are mauled. Personal policy.
    animosity

This case makes me sad/mad. I too want to know if she was there the whole time.

http://pix11.com/2018/05/08/cause-of...ned-officials/

A body found in a car belonging to a New Jersey woman missing since December was the victim of a homicide and died from puncture and incision wounds.

The Passaic County prosecutor’s office said Monday medical examiners are still working to identify the body.

Thread Information