Thread: Eliazar Ruiz (4) was found dead in a vacant house in Cleveland, OH

Eliazar Ruiz (4) was found dead in a vacant house in Cleveland, OH

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...ilds_bone.html

A bag of bones hidden in shrubs in the backyard of a vacant home in the city's Longmead-Puritas neighborhood belong to a young boy who has not been reported missing, officials said on Wednesday.

Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner Thomas Gilson and Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams are asking the public's help in identifying the child, who is believed to be about 4 years old.

Gilson said they have not yet determined how the child died, but called the death "extremely suspicious." Gilson said it appeared the boy had been dead for several months and likely died sometime in the late spring or early summer.

The boy is described as having long wavy dark hair and brown eyes, Gilson said. Investigators have been unable to determine the child's race. Analyzing skeletal remains of children is more difficult to analyze than adult remains, Gilson said.

He appears to be at the average heights and weight of a 4-year-old and had no prior health issues, Gilson said.

"This is a 4-year-old child who is probably active and healthy," Gilson said. "I expect someone is missing this child. If there's someone you haven't seen in a while or you just wandered whatever became of such a person, please reach out to us."

Kent State University assistant anthropology professor Linda Spurlock created a forensic sketch in the hopes that someone will recognize the child and call investigators.

Spurlock in August helped Cleveland police and the medical examiner when she created a similar sketch from a bag of bones found at a vacant lot in Cleveland. That sketch helped investigators identify 40-year-old Brooke Cameron and eventually arrest a man accused of killing her.

Investigators have searched local and nationwide missing-persons databases and found nothing that matched up with the profile created of the bones found Sept. 20 on Longmead Avenue, just east of West 130th Street, officials said.

"We've checked every known database that we have for a missing child in that age range and we can't find one that fits that description," Williams said.

A man pruning trees that day at a home there found the boy's skull, arms and legs in a black garbage bag. He cut the bag open with the shears and discovered a complete skeleton, according Gilson and police reports.

The house sat vacant for several months after a fire and was being renovated at the time he discovered the bones, neighbors said at the time.

Investigators entered the boy's DNA into the national missing person's database, but no match was found. Investigators are asking for DNA of anyone who may think a relative is missing. Gilson said they will not use that DNA for any other purposes other than identifying the child.

Cleveland police homicide Det. Lt. Ali Pillow said the investigation can't proceed unless the boy is identified. He said an identification would allow investigators to determine who was responsible for the child at the time he went missing and under what circumstances the child was last seen alive.

"Someone was responsible for this child. Whoever it was, there's some culpability in some way," Pillow said. "We don't know the totality of the situation, but we have to find out who this child was before we figure that out."

Cleveland police initially investigated the possibility that the remains belonged to Daniel Slone, a 50-year-old man who was killed July 1 next door to the vacant home.

Hector Diaz, 30, dismembered Slone's body before hiding two pieces of Slone's torso in a dumpster in Lorain. Diaz fatally shot himself as a SWAT team surrounded him in Lorain. Investigators have not yet found Slone's head, arms or legs.

Williams said the boy's death is not connected to Slone's death.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

That's just sad. Poor baby. I hope they at least find out who he is so they can bury him w his name on the headstone. Things like this just shouldn't happen. 😞

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Rivers View Post
    That's just sad. Poor baby. I hope they at least find out who he is so they can bury him w his name on the headstone. Things like this just shouldn't happen. ��
    You're right of course, but people in this world have lost their souls. Who leaves a four year old's remains in a bag? Who is heartless enough to leave a four year old all alone and not report them missing?

There are people in this world who are better off dead. Those guilty of this crime are exactly the ones I'm talking about.

You have no redeeming qualities when you can't do the right thing for a child.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    You're right of course, but people in this world have lost their souls. Who leaves a four year old's remains in a bag? Who is heartless enough to leave a four year old all alone and not report them missing?

There are people in this world who are better off dead. Those guilty of this crime are exactly the ones I'm talking about.

You have no redeeming qualities when you can't do the right thing for a child.
    I think the answer to your question is someone that could be tied to the victim.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

This breaks my heart

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roonie View Post
    This breaks my heart
    Stick around, this won't be the only time. What this site shows is humanity (and I use that term loosely because the perpetrators of the crimes here are truly subhuman) at it's worst.

Welcome to mds.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Now go fuck yourself.

Anyone who can hurt an innocent child or animal for that matter should not do jail time.....he/she should be put to death in the same manner they had brought to their victims.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index...veland_bo.html

The mother of a 4-year-old boy found dead in a garbage bag at a vacant home said from her prison cell that she wants justice for her son.

Ashley Makuhan, 27, spoke to cleveland.com in a brief telephone interview from the Northeast Reintegration Center in Cleveland, where she is serving an 18-month sentence on drug-related offenses.

Authorities on Wednesday identified her son, Eliazar Ruiz, four months after he was found in the city's Puritas-Longmead neighborhood. Makuhan said that Eliazar's godmother, a family friend, had taken care of Eliazar since 2015.

No arrests have been made in the case, but police were able to focus their investigation after they identified the remains.

The medical examiner has not yet found a cause of death but Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner Thomas Gilson said in December the death is "extremely suspicious." He said that Eliazar was healthy and well-nourished and that there were no obvious signs of trauma.

Gilson said Eliazar died sometime in the late spring or early summer of 2017. Makuhan has been in prison since Feb. 7, 2017, according to prison records.

Makuhan is cooperating with police in the investigation. She saw a forensic sketch of the boy's remains broadcast on Jan. 9. She immediately notified staff members at the prison, who notified Cleveland police detectives, who then interviewed her, according to Cleveland police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia.

Lazarus is pretty exceptional and he's been here for awhile, smearing his poo around the threads for attention. Don't be like Lazarus.

http://fox8.com/2018/02/02/never-for...leveland-home/

Family plans vigil for 4-year-old boy found dead at Cleveland home

The family of a 4-year-old boy, whose remains were found behind a vacant west side home in September, wants to make sure he is never forgotten.

Nikki Clark, a cousin of Eliazar Ruiz, says they are planning a vigil for him on February 20, the day he would have turned 5.

“We don’t want him to be this unknown, unidentified sketch that has been all over; we want people to know who he was,” Clark said.

The vigil will be held from 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. outside the house on Longmead Avenue where the boy was found.

The family is still trying to figure out how the boy died.

The child’s mother was sent to prison last year. She gave the child to his godmother to watch him. The mother told FOX 8, during a phone call from prison, that she thought the boy was okay.

Thread Information