Thread: Maggie Long (17) was found dead inside her burned out home

Maggie Long (17) was found dead inside her burned out home

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...-disappearance

Deputies are asking for your help to find a Park County teen who has been missing since Friday, about the same time her home was damaged from a fire which deputies believe was intentionally set.

17-year-old Maggie Long?s family told Park County Sheriff?s Office deputies they became concerned after she did not go to a concert at Platte Canyon High School, where the teen is a senior. Park County Undersheriff Dave Wohlers told Denver7 sheriff?s investigators, fire officials and Colorado Bureau of Investigation agents investigated the scene of the suspected arson at the family home located at 3700 County Road 43 on Saturday.

Wohlers told Denver7 they do not have search parties out looking for Long, adding they?re also working to see if there?s a connection between her disappearance and the family home fire.

Deputies are focusing on the teen?s communications from after school ? approximately at around 2:30 p.m. ? until about 8 p.m. Friday.

?If you have any contact, please reach out. If you have heard anything strange or seen anything out of the ordinary, it might be a significant detail. Please help us to fill in the gap,? Wohlers said.

If you have any information about Long?s whereabouts, you are asked to call the Park County Sheriff?s substation number (303) 838-4441.
    http://mydeathspace.com/article/2017...urned_out_home
    Last edited by Olivia; 12-11-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Gag order issued>!?!

http://www.9news.com/news/local/gag-...iday/496777204

A judge has ordered that information in the case of a missing teen not be released by law enforcement or several other agencies any longer.

The Park County Sheriff's Office posted on Facebook that a judge granted a gag order on Monday in the case of Maggie Long, a 17-year-old girl who has not been seen since Dec. 1.

That day, a fire ravaged the teen's home on County Road 43. Investigators say they believe the fire, which caused significant damage to her home, was arson.

draft
    A fire ravaged Maggie Long's Park County home on Dec. 1. Investigators say they believe the fire, which caused significant damage to her home, was arson. (Photo: KUSA)

The gag order prohibits the release of any information about the case by first responders, law enforcement, court personnel, the coroner's office, the district attorney's office or anyone associated with these agencies.

The order will remain, it states, until "such a time as it is determined that the release of the information would no longer affect the integrity of the on-going investigatuon."

The request for a gag order was made by the district attorney’s office and signed by Judge Stephen Groome.

The circumstances surrounding the fire are still unclear more than three days later. The day after the fire, Park County authorities hadn't asked for any search party volunteers.

The Park County Sheriff’s Office is still asking anyone with information about this case to contact the investigative tip line at 303-239-4243.

Fuck.

What a gorgeous young lady. So full of life. Loved theater and her pets. And now she's gone. I will never understand this universe.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    did you make her into a wallet Bill? cuz if you did I'm off team Bill.

Any speculation on why a gag order would have been issued???

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by morbid1 View Post
    Any speculation on why a gag order would have been issued???
    To prevent further information being released, thereby giving investigators who are still interviewing suspects an outline of what the people know already. That way if something new/unreleased comes out, they found a potential suspect/new direction for the investigation.

And this family lost not only their daughter, but their home and all the memories contained within. How fucking sad

I hope they catch the motherfucker who did this and bury them up to their neck in molten lava.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

They issues a BOLO but it was not intended for the public, only law enforcement.

http://www.canyoncourier.com/content...ggie-long-case

Snipped:
    ?We did issue a BOLO, but it was not intended for public consumption,? said Undersheriff Dave Wohlers. ?It was supposed to go out through a confidential law enforcement source. ? I can?t confirm what (the news stations) are reporting ? it?s really quite disruptive to our investigation. Because of the problems that has caused, we?re going to have to reconvene the task force and decide how information for a public clarification (on the BOLO) will be crafted.?

Thursday evening, KMGH-TV ? Denver 7 ? reported that the sheriff?s office was looking for ?a man in his 20s with possible burn marks on his arms.? The station also reported that the suspect was armed and last seen driving a minivan.

Midday Friday, KCNC-TV ? Denver?s CBS affiliate ? reported further details, including identifying information about the van the suspect is alleged to be driving, the direction he was last seen driving, and information about firearms and ammunition the suspect is believed to be carrying.

This whole thing is SOOOOOOOO weird. Usually I can kinda put together what happened, but there is some fuckery going on here.

This article is apparently about Maggie's sister -

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorad...minous-letter/

One of the hostages, Lynna Long, told the Rocky Mountain News that she was groped above the waist but believes Emily "got it worse." She said she was afraid to look, "But you could hear Emily saying, 'No. Please don't."'

The newspaper said Lynna and her mother had agreed to allow Lynna to be identified by name. The family told The Associated Press that the girl was not immediately available Friday.

Hi everyone! I am a longtime lurker but I finally made an account for this case. The town I grew up in is about 15 minutes away from Maggie's high school and my parents still live there so this is a local one for me! Platte Canyon High School is in the town of Bailey and back in 2006 a man went into the school and held six female students hostage for several hours. I was in elementary school at the time and all of the schools in the area were on lock down because of it. He killed one of the girls, Emily Keyes, and then himself. Apparently Maggie Long's older sister was one of the five surviving hostages. A family friend of the Long family, Ellen Stoddard-Keyes, released a statement on behalf of the Long family. Based on the last name I am assume that Ellen is related to Emily Keyes so it seems that the two families are close.

http://www.9news.com/news/local/fami...long/498241456
    [/URL]

The case in 2006 and this one are both very unusual for the area and I just feel awful for this family. It has been very confusing so far and the gag order and lack of information to the public is not helping anything. My parents and friends have gotten more information from facebook posts from the Long family than the news. My mom initially heard that Maggie was missing from a post on facebook and my parents started following the case then. She had been apart of a group planning a concert event at her school on December 1st, the day she went missing. She had left Platte Canyon High School to get something from her house and when she did not return it raised concern and there were missing person flyers all over facebook with her picture. However at 10:15pm on December 1st there was a news article saying that they were investigating a fire in her family home but that she was still missing. There was little to no information about Maggie or the house fire for the next week until the 9th where it was announced they found Maggie's body in the burnt home, even though they initially said there was no one in the house during the fire. Additionally, a Be On the Look Out was released for: " a white male in his 20s who may be heavily armed with weapons and ammunition. He may be driving a late model ’90s to 2000 light-colored minivan". Apparently this BOLO was not supposed to be publicized and was intended to be just for law enforcement, but they also have not said whether there is a threat to the public or not.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/1...d-burned-home/

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...teens-homicide

Authorities now offering $15,000 for information on Bailey teen's homicide
    Hmm. Well, that makes it sound like they have no idea who killed this girl.

There have been three cases recently where women died from what the police call homicide. No arrests. But the cops in each case say they were all isolated incidents? Maggie long, Natalie Bollinger and Kathleen west.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    There have been three cases recently where women died from what the police call homicide. No arrests. But the cops in each case say they were all isolated incidents? Maggie long, Natalie Bollinger and Kathleen west.
    I think it's pretty obvious Katleen was most likely killed by her husband.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

http://kdvr.com/2018/01/24/investiga...utopsy-report/

Investigators in the case of a teenage girl from Bailey who was found dead in her burned home are requesting to keep the autopsy report private to protect the investigation.
    Authorities want to prevent the autopsy report from being made public because they fear it will compromise the investigation.

“They’re trying to work on the investigation and they’re worried about compromising the investigation by releasing the information in the autopsy report to the public,” an official with the Park County Coroner’s Office said Wednesday.

“They are requesting a 30-day delay on the report at which point officials will see if investigators feel comfortable releasing the information or a redacted version of the information to the public.”

This is crazy. No updates......nothing. *crickets*

Look at the agencies involved with her case

Park County sheriff’s deputies along with agents with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, FBI and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are hoping the money will lead to a killer or killers.
    http://kdvr.com/2018/01/24/investiga...utopsy-report/

I was coming to post a lot of stuff was stolen from her home - it's mentioned in bermstalker's link, but it's sort of a throwaway line, where 9News made it out to be something huge:

http://www.9news.com/article/news/cr...n/73-515792971

http://kdvr.com/2018/06/08/investiga...e-in-missouri/

Investigators working on the murder of Maggie Long in Bailey are looking into a similar crime that happened recently in Missouri.

Earlier this week a 20-year-old woman was set on fire after suspects broke into her home in Johnson County, Missouri, which is southeast of Kansas City. She survived the attack and two men are in custody.

People in Bailey are talking and asking questions because of the similarities of one of the suspects arrested and the sketch of the person of interest in the Park County, Colorado
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...212554054.html

Two men are behind bars in northwest Missouri after authorities say they tried to burglarize a home and set fire to a woman inside after she reportedly refused to give them the combination to a gun safe.

Prosecutors have charged Vincent P. Rist, 22, of Warrensburg, and Antonio D. Bowen, 24, of Kansas City, with first-degree assault, burglary, robbery, arson and three counts of armed criminal action.

The woman, a 20-year-old from Centerview, was taken to a burn unit with first-, second- and third-degree burns covering 30 percent of her body.

Johnson County deputies were called to the home Sunday after receiving a report of an assault and fire.

Court records said Rist and Bowen broke into the house, bound the woman's hands and mouth with tape and took various items, including a shotgun.

The woman told authorities the men also struck her in the head with a lamp and poured gasoline on her body.

They told her they would set her on fire if she didn't give them the combination to a gun safe in the home, court records said.

She refused.

That's when Rist allegedly ignited the gasoline and told the woman "then burn with the f****** house."

Court records said the woman was able to escape and extinguish herself. She remained in the hospital on Tuesday, according to WDAF.

The house burned to the ground.

Rist and Bowen were arrested later that Sunday, and remain in custody at the Johnson County jail with bonds set at $250,000, cash only.

A court date has not yet been scheduled in their cases.

Court records indicated Bowen pleaded guilty in 2011 to second-degree burglary in Jackson County, and in 2014, pleaded guilty in federal court to possessing a gun as a convicted felon.

Antonio's FB: https://www.facebook.com/antonio.bowen2
    Vincent Rist: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php...7732&ref=br_rs
    Last edited by DaniNYC212; 06-27-2018 at 07:47 AM.

Man, what monsters! I really hope they can positively tie this to the Maggie Long case and provide some closure in that case and lock these assholes up and throw away the key!

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    This looks a lot like the white guy to me.

https://www.canyoncourier.com/conten...gation-forward

The investigation into the Maggie Long murder case is moving forward in a big way based on a tip the task force received about a month ago, according to Park County Detective Sgt. Greg Jones.

?We received a call three or four weeks ago from an individual that thought their information wasn't important, and it was actually huge,? he said in a phone call Thursday. ? ? We feel we're making good progress based on that tip that just came in, so I want to re-emphasize that any information is valuable ? no matter how small or insignificant you think it is.?

Though Jones declined to specify what the tip was, who it came from or where it has led law enforcement officials, he said the information was something investigators could've used seven months ago.

This comes on the heels of investigators clearing all possible connections to a similar incident in rural Missouri earlier this month after it was established that the suspects weren't in Colorado at the time of Long's murder last December.

According to Jones, while investigators were optimistic about the case ? in which two men were arrested June 3 on suspicion of breaking into a home in Centerview, Mo., where they allegedly bound and set a 20-year-old woman on fire after she refused to give them the combination to her gun safe ? neither man was in Colorado when Long was killed at her family's home in Bailey on Dec. 1.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-attack.html

Authorities offer $50,000 reward for information on three suspects identified in the unsolved 2017 murder of Denver girl, 17, who was burned alive in a targeted attack

Maggie Long was murdered at her Bailey, Colorado home on December 1, 2017
    Park County Sheriff Tom McGraw revealed Monday that the 17-year-old was purposely set on fire in an attempt to cover up evidence of a physical altercation
    Investigators have identified three suspects in the attack who are still at large
    On Monday they released sketches of two suspects and three vehicles seen in the area around the time of Long's murder
    A website has been set up for people to submit tips about the murder

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    This poor girl just can't get justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Thread Information