Thread: Yin Wong (33) was found dead a mile from her abandoned vehicle

Yin Wong (33) was found dead a mile from her abandoned vehicle

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/...-woman-auburn/

Authorities are asking for help in finding a Sacramento woman missing since Sunday morning.

The Placer County Sheriff?s Office says searchers found 33-year-old Yin Wong?s car abandoned in the Bowman area near Auburn. One person reportedly saw someone matching Wong?s description near New Airport Road and Highway 49 late Sunday morning.

No other sightings of Wong have been reported since.

Monday, dozens of searchers are looking in the area where Wong?s car was found. Crews on motorcycles, K9 teams, 4X4?s, the sheriff department?s helicopter and hikers are out helping in the search.

Wong is described as 5′ tall with a stocky build and medium complexion. She was wearing a blue-stripped top and a skirt when she was last seen.

Anyone who sees Wong or knows where she might be is asked to contact authorities immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

http://www.kcra.com/article/missing-...urn-1/14020703

Purse, keys found inside missing Sacramento woman’s car

Crews called off the search for a missing Sacramento woman Monday night after about 60 people were out searching during the day in Auburn, Placer County Sheriff's Office said. The search will resume Tuesday morning.

Yin Wong's Toyota Camry was discovered Sunday morning on Covey Road, a residential area near a Cal Fire station off Interstate 80, according to investigators. Wong's purse and keys were found inside the car.

A pair of shoes were found outside the vehicle, which went off the road and onto Cheryl Harrison's property.

“At 3 a.m. (Sunday) I thought it was rocks. And then I looked out the window and I saw the lights turning, and I thought they had turned and driven out,” Harrison said.

It was cold and raining overnight Sunday, so Harrison stayed inside. After sunrise, Harrison saw a car on her property and called authorities.

Although other vehicles have gone off the road onto her property in the past, never has one gone missing.
    Wong's boyfriend last saw the 33-year-old Saturday night. Detectives have not identified why she may have been in Auburn. There are hiking trails in the area, but they don't believe Wong was out on a hike.

“Was she prepared to be in an area like this during this time of year? We don’t believe she was,” Placer County sheriff's Sgt. Nelson Resendes said. “This appears to be an unplanned trip. We’re not sure what brought her to this area.”

Searchers are concerned about Wong's well-being because of the overnight temperatures in the low 30s.

Before vanishing, Sacramento mom called ex-boyfriend in tears

A newly released surveillance photo shows Wong shopping at Safeway in Sacramento at 12:09 a.m. Sunday -- the same morning her vehicle was found near Interstate 80 on the outskirts of Auburn.

Wong's former boyfriend Bruce Woodruff said Wong seemed upset when they talked over the weekend two days before she disappeared.

"Those messages were just asking, ‘Are you OK? Are you going to be fine? I want to make sure you're OK,'" Woodruff said. "She called me on the phone. She was crying."
    http://www.kcra.com/article/before-v...ars-1/14103658

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

http://www.kcra.com/article/body-fou...o-mom/14376224

Body found in Auburn canyon ‘suspected’ to be missing Sacramento mom

A woman’s body was found Wednesday afternoon in the American River canyon near Auburn, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said.

Investigators suspect the body is that of missing Sacramento woman Yin Wong, but her identity has not yet been confirmed, the sheriff’s office said.

The woman’s identity and cause of death will be determined by an autopsy.

Foul play is not suspected, the sheriff’s office said.

They have confirmed it is her.

https://www.theunion.com/news/placer...e-id-yet-made/

Missing Sacramento woman Yin Wong found deceased in Placer County

Searchers on Wednesday found the body of a missing Sacramento woman in the Auburn area, about a mile from where her vehicle was discovered, authorities said.

Yin Wong, 33, was found deceased in a steep part of the American River canyon on the fourth day of a coordinated search, said Nevada County Sheriff's Sgt. Mike Sullivan, the search-and-rescue coordinator.

No cause of death has been determined, he added.

"She was located deceased," Sullivan added. "No foul play."

Sad, but not surprising. Sounds like she was upset before disappearing.....though she may have died due to the elements.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

Coroner: Missing Sacramento Woman Yin Wong’s Body Damaged by Mountain Lion

AUBURN — The Placer County Coroner”s Office has confirmed that the body found near Auburn on Wednesday is that of missing Sacramento woman Yin Wong.

Authorities and search groups searched for the 33-year-old woman for four days after her car was found abandoned near the canyon rim early Sunday.

The coroner says Wong’s cause of death is still under investigation but evidence shows damage to her body caused by a mountain lion.

They do not believe the mountain lion killed Wong, but instead suggest the animal found her after she was already dead.

Authorities say this is normal behavior for a mountain lion and there is no reason to believe there is any danger to the public.
    http://fox40.com/2017/12/08/coroner-...mountain-lion/

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Coroner: Missing Sacramento Woman Yin Wong’s Body Damaged by Mountain Lion

http://fox40.com/2017/12/08/coroner-...mountain-lion/
    I don't know a whole lot about mountain lions, but I didn't think they scavenged. I googled, and everything I found just talks about them hunting and killing, nothing mentions them eating already dead things. Maybe they are just opportunistic though, and will take what they can find in the right circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I don't know a whole lot about mountain lions, but I didn't think they scavenged. I googled, and everything I found just talks about them hunting and killing, nothing mentions them eating already dead things. Maybe they are just opportunistic though, and will take what they can find in the right circumstances.
    I thought the same thing. its been awhile since I took that class on exotic animals, but I'm almost certain they prefer their prey to be alive, and they don't resort to eating already dead prey unless they are desperate.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Maybe it depends on how long the ?prey? has been deceased. If she jumped or something I could see a mountain lion coming to investigate the sound and finding a very recently dead person? I don?t know but possibly??

Thread Information