Thread: Jordan Cooper (25) was reported missing and her body was found in her own home two weeks later

Jordan Cooper (25) was reported missing and her body was found in her own home two weeks later

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florid...year-old-woman

Clay County deputies and members from nearby agencies ramped up the search Thursday for a missing woman who was last seen Saturday in the Keystone Heights area.

Deputies said "an extensive search" is underway for 25-year-old Jordan Cooper. Their search expanded at 9 a.m. Thursday to Little Rain Lake Park, where a mobile command center was set up for the effort.

Investigators believe Cooper was near the park before she disappeared.

The Sheriff's Office said it has air support flying over the area, investigative K-9 teams on the ground and dozens of deputies searching. They ask residents to use caution and show respect when they're in the area.

Deputies said she "rarely left her home," and Cooper's cousin, Michael Perry, said she would never take off without telling someone.

"This is a case where this is not just someone who left. This is not somebody who just wanted to leave. This is not just someone that wanted to run away," Perry said. "She may have left willingly, but I can tell you, within a short period of time, realizing she wasn't going to come back home, she was ready to come back home."

Perry described his cousin as a loving and caring woman who keeps to herself.

"Never really been for crowds, never really been for people, which is, once again, why this is out of the normal," Perry said. "It's not anything like her."

Deputies said members of the community can help by sharing Cooper's picture with the hashtag #FindJordan and advising anyone who has seen her to contact Clay County Detective Wes Smith immediately at 904-213-6671 or email bsmith@claysheriff.com.

Anyone who sees her can also call the Sheriff's Office at 904-264-6512.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He left an apology note? Ok he's crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Words Words View Post
    that's what makes him crazy? I thought it was the chips.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...back/658565873

Outdoor search efforts for missing Clay County woman scaled back

Detectives in Clay County say they’re searching for missing 25-year-old Jordan Cooper, who disappeared from her family’s home more than a week ago.

But this week, there was a different scene. They’ve scaled down those search efforts and say they are focusing in a different direction.

“We’ve generated quite a few tips and leads that now our criminal investigators are following up on and actually as we speak,” Clay County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Keith Smith said.

Smith said the K-9s are no longer out actively searching so if people have large plots of land, they can go search themselves.

“If you have a rather large lot that you feel like you need to walk around, by all means, go check it,” Smith said.

But he also says he really needs the community to think back to when they may have seen Cooper last.

“Go back and recollect did they see Jordan and did they have any interaction with her or someone that resembles her and give us a call,” Smith said.

Deputies say they’ve gotten tips on social media, and while they are monitoring it more than usual because this case is so big, they’re still asking that if anyone sees Jordan or thinks they see her, call CCSO immediately at (904) 264-6512.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Here is a missing page set up for her: https://www.facebook.com/Missing-Jor...l2Po_Q&fref=nf

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

https://www.news4jax.com/news/body-f...-heights-woman

Body found in home of missing Keystone Heights woman-Clay County Sheriff says body was concealed inside home

Clay County detectives found a body late Saturday in the home of Jordan Cooper, the 25-year-old woman wha was subject of an extensive search over the past two weeks. Sheriff Darryl Daniels said it is believed to be of the missing woman and foul play is suspected in her death.

The body was found in a "very concealed" area of the home, Daniels said.

"Due to the sensitivity of this investigation and the elements of what’s now a death investigation, I’m not at liberty to take any questions," Daniels told reporters Saturday night.

Cooper -- who deputies had said has the mental capacity of a young teenager -- was last seen Nov. 25 near a park not far from her home in the Keystone Heights area.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Gawd, that is so sad.

DISCLAIMER: The following quotes are not in reference to your loved one. They are quotes found to be funny in regard to much older cases.

Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post

Okay this is the part where I admit he's kind of pretty, or at least he would be if he hadn't killed his sister and smeared poo on her candy.

Is she scowling in every pic, or is that her unfortunate face?!?

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/p...-heights-woman

Sheriff Darryl Daniels, in announcing the discovery of the body Saturday night, said foul play is suspected but stopped short of saying definitively the victim was Cooper.

Daniels said the victim was well hidden. Because of the way the body was positioned, he said investigators couldn’t positively identify the victim without an autopsy.
    I can't even wrap my head around this.

Authorities haven’t released information about how and when the victim died. Nor have they said how long the body might have been inside the home. Daniels said deputies did an extensive search inside the home early in the investigation of Cooper’s disappearance.

Looks like she was encased in foam attic insulation.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/invest...-heights-woman

The I-TEAM has learned disturbing new details in the death of a 25-year-old Clay County woman, whose body was discovered this weekend hidden inside her home.

Jordan Cooper, who had the mental capacity of a young teenager, was the center of an extensive search near her Keystone Heights home after she was reported missing late last month. Clay County deputies eventually found her body hidden inside her own home and announced that foul play was suspected.

Two sources have now confirmed to News4Jax that Cooper’s death has been ruled a homicide and that her body was found in an attic of her home, fully encased in insulation.
    Questions remain about how long Jordan Cooper’s body had been at the home, because she wasn’t found until nearly two weeks after she was reported missing.

Deputies said they thoroughly searched the home early in the missing persons investigation and did not find anything, but later found the body concealed in the home.

Sources told News4Jax that detectives could not visibly see any signs of Cooper’s body through the insulation because of how well the body was encased, saying what eventually led them to Cooper’s body was the odor.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/lo...ion-/686224977

Man accused of murder, sexual assault in Jordan Cooper death investigation

Authorities said a man named Joe Arthur Turner, 27, was arrested in the murder investigation. Turner has been in custody since Dec. 29, deputies said.

SEE ALSO: Jordan Cooper's family 'consumed with grief' after her body found

Turner was arrested under an arrest warrant from a burglary incident on November 1, 2017, on the same street on which Cooper lived, deputies said.

Deputies said Turner lived on the same street as Cooper. While searching his home, investigators said, they found a bag of women's clothing in the attic. Some of the clothes belonged to Cooper.

Deputies said they believe Turner killed Cooper in her home and that he acted alone.

Deputies said they are still processing items involved in the murder.

Investigators were able to positively match Turner's identity based on a Band-Aid that was found in Cooper's house during the investigation.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/man-ch...ads-not-guilty

Man charged with murder of Jordan Cooper pleads not guilty

A Clay County man pleaded not guilty in the murder, sexual battery and burglary of 25-year-old Jordan Cooper.

Joe Arthur Turner faced a Clay County judge Wednesday and is held with no bond. Cooper's body was found by her mother “heavily concealed” in the attic of her home nearly a month after she was reported missing.
    Police said that Turner’s DNA was found on a bandage in Cooper’s attic. Leading police to Turner’s arrest. Cooper was reported missing on Nov. 28. However, she is believed to have been killed sometime between 3 p.m. Nov. 25 and 8 p.m. Nov. 26.

Thread Information